• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just Joined the group - 92 nsx

Just Joined the group - 92 nsx-photo added

:biggrin: So, I was at a party. Talking cars and this guy is showing me his 08 Corvette - I have a 2001 Z06 that is a driver but also set up for the track. He tells me that he is selling his 92 NSX 5 speed with 165K miles at a great price. Trans was replaced a few years ago, 30K left on belts, drivers seat is torn, no body damage, clean title, CA car from new. Photos soon. So I for less than half of a new Miada, I have an NSX. The price was so good that my son will drive it daily. He was driving a Porsche 924S but now will trade up to an exotic.
I wish I had a Dad like me.
More to follow.
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=30640&limit=recent

Last edited:
:biggrin: So, I was at a party. Talking cars and this guy is showing me his 08 Corvette - I have a 2001 Z06 that is a driver but also set up for the track. He tells me that he is selling his 92 NSX 5 speed with 165K miles at a great price. Trans was replaced a few years ago, 30K left on belts, drivers seat is torn, no body damage, clean title, CA car from new. Photos soon. So I for less than half of a new Miada, I have an NSX. The price was so good that my son will drive it daily. He was driving a Porsche 924S but now will trade up to an exotic.
More to follow.

Less than half of a new Miata?? Miata prices range from about $21k - $27k...so that would put you in the $10k - $12k category for an NSX!?!?!?!:eek: Wow...that would mean you darn near stole that car!! Well done. I hope your son appreciates it, and loves it! :)

More to follow.
Okay...so how much? $?

Congratulations on the purchase! By the way...

30K left on belts
Honda's recommendation for changing the timing belt is 90K miles or 6 years, whichever comes first. So check to find out when it was last changed; it may not have hit the mileage interval, but it may be well past the time interval. You really don't want to be driving around with a timing belt that's years past it was due for replacement; if it fails, you could be facing a lot higher expense than the $1200-1600 it costs for the replacement. (That figure includes labor and the replacement of the water pump. And on a '92, you might want to consider replacing the cooling system hoses, too, as good preventive maintenance.)

:biggrin: Yes, I did get a great deal. I paid his full asking price - 10K. I thought about bargining but that didn't make sence. I have the service records a know about the time factor as well as miles. It is Black/black and will be tracked soon in northern Cal. It needs rear window struts, a new coolant tank, ABS tank and new brake lines. I have to change the fluids, so I will have about 1k into it. It's the best car at his high school. Photos this weekend.

:biggrin: Yes, I did get a great deal. I paid his full asking price - 10K. I thought about bargining but that didn't make sence. I have the service records a know about the time factor as well as miles. It is Black/black and will be tracked soon in northern Cal. It needs rear window struts, a new coolant tank, ABS tank and new brake lines. I have to change the fluids, so I will have about 1k into it. It's the best car at his high school. Photos this weekend.

WOW!! :eek:

I do not care if you needed all exterior body panels replaced...that must be a good friend to sell it to you for only $10k. Congrats!

Congrats! I wish I had a Dad like you too! I had to buy my own car in High School. I drove a 1977 Dodge Colt...lol

I'd be tempted to "Borrow" his car now and then for joy rides.

It's a win win for the whole team I see! Geeeeeze 10k, that's nuts.....before and afters please! :cool:

Wow, very nice deal. And I thought I was lucky to be driving a 300ZX at 16 years old. I had the best car at my school. But your son, he's real lucky, a Porsche and now a NSX before he even graduates. You're a very cool dad.

Back