• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kids Day 2015 - we may be resurrecting the tradition!!!!!!!!!!!

Through the generous cooperation of an NSXCA member who has Watkins Glen rented in July for his group, we have successfully met our first need of getting access to the track to resume the Kids Day tradition!

I am currently working to iron out the legal and insurance issues but wanted to post this early enough to get the band back together and make a difference in the lives of the most amazing children you will ever have the pleasure of meeting.

Until we can finalize everything (and keep your fingers crossed), please keep the dates of July 14-16 open. We are currently working on having dinner with the kids at the camp tuesday evening July 14 and then Kids Day at the Glen would be Wednesday July 15 from noon to 1:00 on the track. We have the option of doing this on Thursday July 16 but currently are trying for the 15th. This will be just a one day event for us but we wanted to at least give all the potential dates for now.

p.s. With the determination that we all love Larry B for having each year for supporting these kids, I am pleased to report that on behalf of the NSX Club of America, Larry has already raised $21,000 from corporate sponsors for the kids!!!!!!

<iframe id="vp1iHWz0" title="Video Player" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/embed.animoto.com/play.html?w=swf/production/vp1&e=1431957611&f=iHWz0lz5M3uUJBJTiP2nBQ&d=0&m=p&r=360p+480p+720p&volume=100&start_res=720p&i=m&ct=Photography%20by%20Robert%20Ondrovic&cu=http://photography.robertondrovic.com/Children/Kids-Day-2013-at-Watkins-Glen/30705355_ZR6C9n&asset_domain=s3-p.animoto.com&animoto_domain=animoto.com&options=" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Put me in coach!! I'll take the two days off from work to participate in this fantastic event. Anyone that hasn't had the pleasure of participating in this event, if Bob and crew are able to make it happen again, in the immortal words of Nike......."Just do it". We can't be sure that we'll be able to do it each year, so take advantage. Putting a smile on these kids faces is worth it!!! Bob, I'll even bring whatever car you want me to. :)

this had been a fantastic well attended event that was growing before the rug was pulled ......miles of smiles ...and a great opportunity to drive a historic track without attending a driving school and sans helmet.

Really sorry to miss this but we will be away with both grandkids while someone parties at our house with the dogs :frown:

Hopefully this will only be the beginning of the continuing great tradition

Have fun

Hi Bob; and All.. count this ole man in.. I can still climb in and out of the Arrest me red racer.. Alan sorry you wont be there. But will see you in Edison soon for the festivities.. Love to all Clem

Unfortunately I posted too soon. I was working out the legal and insurance logistics first and as it turns out the dates we could use the track won't work for the camp now. Here is the response from the Camp Executive Director:

"Hi Bob,
Thank you for reaching out to us about the possibility of returning to Watkins Glenn and involvement of Chin Motorsports. As you know, the time at the track for the campers was one of the highlights of the summer camper season.
Unfortunately, Wednesday, July 15th is the day that 3 representatives of the American Camping Association are visiting for a full day while camp is in session. Every 3 years we must go through an accreditation process of over 200 standards and compliances that we must follow in all aspects of camp, paperwork, and program. The ACA sets the date when they will be visiting camp and going through the process with us. As well, Thursday, July 16th we are involved with the City of Rochester Police Dept, District Attorney’s office, etc with a program in Rochester.
HOWEVER< we would absolutely look forward to and welcome you to come to camp the evening of Tuesday, July 14th as we are on site and love for you to join us for dinner. I hope this works out and you are able to come to camp to see us and all the work that has been done at camp and the creek.
Please let me know
Thanks for EVERYTHING !
Wendy"

Boo Hiss!! Nice try, let's hope we can get it set up way in advance for next year!!!!

:-( Commendable job on trying to resurrect this great event. Pencil me in for next year if it happens.

Back