• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Killed a E92 (V-8) M3 last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. People who continue to make posts which, in my opinion, detract from the quality and enjoyment of this site, will be uninvited from further participation in the site.

2. If you have a question re: the moderation of a thread, post a polite inquiry in the NSX Prime Discussion forum. FYI, sorry to inform any aspiring martyrs, but most posts were simply deleted because they were a reply to another post that was deleted further up in the thread.

3. Anyone who sees their purpose in participating here as "stirring things up," speak up now.

You missed #3 of Lud's post perhaps?:biggrin:

Acually I was thinking about #1 and if it really would end. It's the only way to bring some sensibility back to some of these threads. A lot of people are afraid to post up because some ego driven guys have got to show how much smarter they are, one way or another. When two bang heads we get good threads that become something else. You see it all the time. I do admit, I have been guilty myself at times of silly stuff but never to the point where I get abusive.

Lud wants a respected site and I don't blame him. It's up to him and it's up to us! Hope I'm not stepping out of bounds or didn't piss anybody off, it's just my opinion, thank you! :smile:

Jack

what's wrong with stirring the pot a little. Ya and he's got the balls to stand up to his detractors. Like the BAT, or hate the BAT, he's got one hell of a swing! :smile:

Jack

#3:biggrin:

Last edited:
#3:biggrin:

I am talking about possible abusive stuff that must have happened yesterday that lead to so many deletions. There is always going to be hot debates and I do enjoy that part but like I said, I will not get into a verbal shootout. I will however throw things out there and if somebody wants to run with it , it's entirely up to them. It's not the gun that kills! Good comment though!

Jack

I can't believe you took the socieconomic elitist attitude to start this post off]

Little bit about my background, I was born in Appalachia. My father was a coal miner and had a seventh grade education, and I grew up dirt poor. I got my college education after I came back from Vietnam where I served as an Infantry officer with the 101st Airborne and the 11th Special Forces Group. During that period, I also received some Purple Hearts. I used my G.I Bill to get my undergraduate degree. Then I worked for two years as a stockbroker to save enough money to help me pay for my graduate work for the next two years and obtain my M.B.A.

Elitist?

Hey Doug. I'm a member of Diablo Valley and Santa Clara Corvettes and would you believe 90% of them don't even know what an NSX is and I don't mean to be disrespectful of Vette owners but it's true. I take a lot of guff from those guys about my little, under powered, gas guzzeling, over priced and lousy auto-cross NSX. And those are the compliments. Ya know what they are? A bunch of .......................................s. :biggrin:

Good Guys :biggrin:

Don't know if I spelled everything correctly ( not sure about guzzeling) so be gentle with my grammar. I'm a high school grad!

Jack

And I almost forgot. I hope you're doing OK.

Again my interpretation, but the message that Dtrigg was trying to make is simply the observation that in the present we now have mass media that can instantly record and upload to the world any and everything as it happens with thier phone,thus everyone is capable of being a film producer directer/actor ect...something we did not have as 20/30 somethings depending on age.Now the concept of this slippery slope is valid, your stance is that it is all free game ,pure entertainment ect...and it is..but Dtriggs observation is also true:that the constant barrage of stupid youtube stunts perpetuates itself / in essence dares others to top that,and worse validates and or justifies repeat behavior.I am one of those who is concearned with the folks that don't have thier sh#t together enough to know what is "pure entertainment" as you obviously do and those who will f%$k up themselves and others based on the pseudo reality of the internet....
Doc - I'd love to respond but unfortunately due to the post below me and a reoccurring theme of my posts being deleted, I don't know if it would be wise.
1. People who continue to make posts which, in my opinion, detract from the quality and enjoyment of this site, will be uninvited from further participation in the site.

2. If you have a question re: the moderation of a thread, post a polite inquiry in the NSX Prime Discussion forum. FYI, sorry to inform any aspiring martyrs, but most posts were simply deleted because they were a reply to another post that was deleted further up in the thread.

3. Anyone who sees their purpose in participating here as "stirring things up," speak up now.

Doc - I'd love to respond but unfortunately due to the post below me and a reoccurring theme of my posts being deleted, I don't know if it would be wise.

Give it a shot in the dark and see what happens!:wink:

Jack

Just make sure you end it with some kind saab story about how much you haven't been yourself lately. Have a Snickers, that 'll work! :cool:

Good kill BATMANs.
Glad I'm not the only one taking on worthy opponents.
I've still yet to lose a race.

Last edited:
1. People who continue to make posts which, in my opinion, detract from the quality and enjoyment of this site, will be uninvited from further participation in the site.........

If the above is really true, can you tell us why comments like this should be tolerated by any poster?

I've always wondered if those BATMANs haters are circumcised, have a lot of "tension" built up or even worse, Benign prostatic hyperplasia.........

These remarks are uncalled for in any Forum, and go way beyond the scope and purpose of this website.

Last edited:
Dam! I went away for a few days and all hell broke loose.....haha

For what its worth I found this thread very entertaining.

If the above is really true, can you tell us why comments like this should be tolerated by any poster?

I've always wondered if those BATMANs haters are circumcised, have a lot of "tension" built up or even worse, Benign prostatic hyperplasia.........

These remarks are uncalled for in any Forum, and go way beyond the scope and purpose of this website.

Looks like someone is trying to "stir things up"

Any comment or opinion can be misconstrued or considered "stirring things up" including what I've just stated! That's just what forums are and we don't even realize sometimes, til it's to late! :eek:

Jack

Thanks.
Mind sharing details on ur car specs?

The engine is stock. NA2.
It's one of the first NA2s, not sure if that makes it magically faster, but it has no issue dominating 400hp cars(C6 Corvette, C5 Z06, Saleen, etc).

Last edited:
Dam! I went away for a few days and all hell broke loose.....haha

For what its worth I found this thread very entertaining.

You missed a lot of post actually. Someone used their edumacation to call out anothers grammar and you can pretty much tell what happened from there. Then that someone called the forum police and a couple of post toward that person got deleted. Then some more bs and here we are now. Just a typical thread which someone doesn't agree on.

Just to keep it on topic:

You should have recorded it so that we could have heard the STMPO exhaust at full throttle.

I wish Prime has a kill section.

it might generate more power mod sales and add more respect and resell value to the NSX since the majority of outsiders still think the NSX is ball-less - not knowing about the past few years of forced induction solutions for the NSX.

I'm with you on that. If I recall there was some discussion about it but the "old-time-holier-than-thous" killed it.

You missed a lot of post actually. Someone used their edumacation to call out anothers grammar and you can pretty much tell what happened from there. Then that someone called the forum police and a couple of post toward that person got deleted. Then some more bs and here we are now. Just a typical thread which someone doesn't agree on.

Just to keep it on topic:

You should have recorded it so that we could have heard the STMPO exhaust at full throttle.

I just get this good vibe that if all of the members (and some others) on my friends list got together in person we would have a chill and thrill time laughing and playing.

The anti-BATMANs idea of a good time would be Staring, hypnotising small animals, lighting firecrackers and cooking with WD-40. Check with Ken about Bumper Dumper franchise opportunities in your area.........

I wish Prime has a kill section.

it might generate more power mod sales and add more respect and resell value to the NSX since the majority of outsiders still think the NSX is ball-less - not knowing about the past few years of forced induction solutions for the NSX.

Maybe you could just start the "Official NSX Kill Thread". Or as a preemptive measure, call it the "Official put on your Flamesuit thread"

Or maybe it's "Unofficial". . I never understood what made a NSX thread official or unofficial. . ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back