• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KSP Headers & exhaust @ A.S. Motorsport

Titanium Toda is €2600 delivered.
I need to check the weight but it will be very light, I believe lighter than a KSP could be due to the layout.

At the NSX Tour this year I drove with Zoom in his NA2, he just installed the KSP with Toda catback.
A very nice combination the sound was very nice.

The Toda Ti is a very nice exhaust, the note is sporty but still stock-like in tone, very nice. And zero drone at highway speeds :) Indeed it's quite light, i could lift it by myself, and i'm a thin geek :)
I also think that RFY makes a Ti exhaust similar in layout to the KSP one ?

Last edited:
Hi Adnan,

Just to confirm, the exhaust noise at 0:45 in the YouTube video (KSP2010 model) is coming from the cat back 2-1 twin muffler exhaust pictured in your first post?

What is the piping size of the diameter after the cat back 2 to 1 merge? Looks like 2 x 2" approximately into 1 pipe 2" out into a Y pipe 2 x 2" again.

I love the sound but I'm supercharged and concerned about the flow. Also, can they make in dual quad tip?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if this is the same setup. I've heard hundreds of NSX exhaust videos and haven't heard one that sounds like this.
https://youtu.be/b69p2QYRIYA

Hi Adnan,

Just to confirm, the exhaust noise at 0:45 in the YouTube video (KSP2010 model) is coming from the cat back 2-1 twin muffler exhaust pictured in your first post?

What is the piping size of the diameter after the cat back 2 to 1 merge? Looks like 2 x 2" approximately into 1 pipe 2" out into a Y pipe 2 x 2" again.

I love the sound but I'm supercharged and concerned about the flow. Also, can they make in dual quad tip?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if this is the same setup. I've heard hundreds of NSX exhaust videos and haven't heard one that sounds like this.
https://youtu.be/b69p2QYRIYA

The Suzuka/Fiesta clip indeed sounds like a 6-2-1 exhaust or at least a very long merger section.
That's exactly what gives them such a "different" sound to a normal NSX sound.

A single exit RFY and TaiTec have a similar "straight" (for lack of a better term:rolleyes:) sounding exhaust.
As your fully combining all 6 sounds waves from the cylinders in to one extend chamber evening the sound characteristic out much more.

For example on a Advance Titanium exhaust you really hear a 3 + 3 sound from each end of the muffler (left being the rear and right being the front bank of the engine)
That give a super rough sound, I should ask Bas to post up a video of his NSX or at least next time he's at my shop i should record his NSX versus one of the TaiTec cars here.

[MENTION=26976]Bas[/MENTION], c'mon buddy! I know you have a sound clip somewhere. What exhaust are you running these days anyway?

Thanks for the feedback Adnan (@A.S. Motorsport). If you can confirm piping size whenever you have some time, that would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

I found a great sound clip you can download here Adnan. I should upload to youtube but don't want to be disrespectful. This seems to be a more accurate sound clip and you can start to hear the raspiness. I think this setup is running test pipes and that raspiness should go away with cats.

Thanks a lot for the sound clip RYU!!!

You can see kaz coments about KSP exhaust here:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?1509-T3-CRAFT-WORKS-%96-Visit-to-Japan-02

I love this exhaust too! It's on top of my list for exhausts! hope when time comes for me to buy this exhaust KSP can offer a titanium version (or even better... Inconel... well at least i can dream about it)

Thanks again for sharing!

[MENTION=26976]Bas[/MENTION], c'mon buddy! I know you have a sound clip somewhere. What exhaust are you running these days anyway?

Thanks for the feedback Adnan (@A.S. Motorsport). If you can confirm piping size whenever you have some time, that would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

I found a great sound clip you can download here Adnan. I should upload to youtube but don't want to be disrespectful. This seems to be a more accurate sound clip and you can start to hear the raspiness. I think this setup is running test pipes and that raspiness should go away with cats.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the sound clip RYU!!!

You can see kaz coments about KSP exhaust here:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?1509-T3-CRAFT-WORKS-%96-Visit-to-Japan-02

I love this exhaust too! It's on top of my list for exhausts! hope when time comes for me to buy this exhaust KSP can offer a titanium version (or even better... Inconel... well at least i can dream about it)

Thanks again for sharing!
Thanks for the link too!!!

I can finally confirm that those sound clips were of the same black NSX with test pipes. That solves my concern of the raspiness. With Cats a lot of the rasp should go away.

This looks like 2.25" or 2.5" piping. I hope someone can confirm later.

img_009.jpg

RFY makes a very nice silencer set that replaces the catalysts, that should eliminate the rasp.
It's listed on our web site.

Thanks for the link too!!!

I can finally confirm that those sound clips were of the same black NSX with test pipes. That solves my concern of the raspiness. With Cats a lot of the rasp should go away.

This looks like 2.25" or 2.5" piping. I hope someone can confirm later.

img_009.jpg

Sounds good. I'm partial to the 6-2-1 layouts anyways. My old 2-1 merge was in the exact same location.

I looked through the posts but didn't see where a weight is listed for this exhaust. About 14kg?

Dave

I made a critical INCORRECT assumption: You cannot use the OEM cats with this exhaust. At least you can't use the front bank OEM cat. I exhaust inlet is pointed the other way. Perhaps you can't turn it around 180 degs.

See this pic

DSC00973-001.JPG

sharkwerks_nsx_build_3_03.JPG

Last edited:
I made a critical INCORRECT assumption: You cannot use the OEM cats with this exhaust. At least you can't use the front bank OEM cat. I exhaust inlet is pointed the other way. Perhaps you can't turn it around 180 degs.
Isnt that the difference between 94-99 (pre-LEV) and 00+ (post LEV) ? When i had my Toda exhaust made they asked me that very precise question about the cat flange angle (and there's a small length reduction on the rear cat too, less noticeable but it's here). What you have is cats from a 00+ and rear exhaust from 94-99 pre-LEV with the straight flange.

From KSP website using google translator (I guess you will ned to have KSP headers for this exhaust to work as a bolt on with OEM cats):

"When installing , it is necessary to invert the front bank catalyst for before and after the bank set , it must be combined with KSP exhaust manifold and the set comes with a catalyst inverted joint for KSP exhaust manifold ."

It also states that it is necessary to use a NA2 or Type-S sway bar:

"Also it becomes necessary to replace the rear stabilizer for NA2 order to avoid interference with the catalyst.

Rear stabilizer part number
52300-SL0-J01 (Type S) 1 piece ×
Rear stabilizer bush part number
52316-SL0-J01 (Type S) 2 pieces ×

Or

Rear stabilizer part number
52300-SL0-A01 (STD) 1 piece ×
Rear stabilizer bush part number
52316-SL0-010 (STD) 2 pieces ×"

Last edited:
And what is the current price for that shipped to the US? Texas preferably.

At the moment they are €2475 delivered.
But I am expect new pricing in the next weeks.

At that catalyst question, Zoom is right a LEV cat is pictured

Good work guys. It seems the cat can be inverted 180°. I'll have to think about the LEV cats. I'm not sure why they wouldn't design it for the early cats which are much more numerous.
I can order these for the early cars, i have done this before. (i'd need to look it up in my accounting)
What often happens is that cars end up being mix matched since your combining ether multiple manufactures or installing a full system and just using what's quickest available.

I have done that many times, for example out fitting a 1999 3.2L with the flange style of a 1991 since we where installing a full TaiTec system anyway.
Or for example using later flange styles to accommodate a specific muffler.

Then lastly you factory cars that are not in the Normal Japan/USA layouts for example Zoom's NSX utilizes a different layout combining flange style from the factory.
And that "hybride" style is often seen in Euro car's for example his 1998 is still a OBD-I car but also uses OBD-II C32B components.

Other examples would be Hong Kong delivered Acura's which are internally a JDM NA1 but have they body and trim of a Acura. (and i believe ether a euro fog light layout or a Canadian DRL)

Wow! As if it wasn't confusing enough
It's fun here, we have some odd ball combinations to deal with so keeping it all sorted is important.
For Asia we often supply parts to custom-order cars, and very odd interior and exterior combinations getting that right and clear before flying part around the world is tricky.
Then in Europe we have a mix of EDM and USDM cars, our UK customers have ether EDM or JDM imports so we see pretty much every variant.

It's fun here, we have some odd ball combinations to deal with so keeping it all sorted is important.
For Asia we often supply parts to custom-order cars, and very odd interior and exterior combinations getting that right and clear before flying part around the world is tricky.
Then in Europe we have a mix of EDM and USDM cars, our UK customers have ether EDM or JDM imports so we see pretty much every variant.
That's good to know. Sounds like you're definitely on top of it!

I feel like a typical American stuck in a bubble :)

Back