• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW Coilovers - Free Shipping - THMotorsports - Leader in KW

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the best settings for aggressive street? I have my KW V3's installed, and after about a week the ride has gotten a little firmer than I like (maybe this is due to some settling w/ the car?) I have not touched the settings as they are the same as when I got them.

The roads in my area are jacked so I want something to be responsive but comfortable... Thanks!

Approximately, what is your dampening set at? What other suspension mods do you have? There is no 1 right setting, everyone has a different opinion of what they desire. Best suggestion is to play around with it, and find what setting you prefer the most :)

Approximately, what is your dampening set at? What other suspension mods do you have? There is no 1 right setting, everyone has a different opinion of what they desire. Best suggestion is to play around with it, and find what setting you prefer the most :)

Mods are in my signature... I have it set to 10 from full stiff in front and 9 from full stiff in the rear for rebound... and that seems to be pretty good and forgiving on the rough roads....

Last edited:
Mods are in my signature... I have it set to 10 from full stiff in front and 9 from full stiff in the rear for rebound... and that seems to be pretty good and forgiving on the rough roads....

Without being in the car, its honestly hard to say. There really is no "best" setting, its all what you like. I would say just play around with it a bit, and find your sweet spot.

I just got done installing them and I have a noticeable click coming from the front, mainly right side. Is that normal? I've checked the bolts and install again and everything looks good, nothing rubbing either. I think it is the spring clicking?

Without being in the car, its honestly hard to say. There really is no "best" setting, its all what you like. I would say just play around with it a bit, and find your sweet spot.

Yea I have it setup pretty well now I just have to adjust the height because its too low now.. Maybe raise it up 1/4" to keep from scrubbing my tires on the driveways etc... my drivers side fender is jacked up now bc its been scrubbing.... grrrrrr :mad:

I just got done installing them and I have a noticeable click coming from the front, mainly right side. Is that normal? I've checked the bolts and install again and everything looks good, nothing rubbing either. I think it is the spring clicking?

Did you use the OEM top hats or did you go with the pillow ball mounts?

If its the pillowball mounts then it could be that, but not sure of your setup...... my setup is super quiet never a squeak or a pop.

OEM top hats. Hmm??? don't know where the clicking is coming from?

I have not figured out the "clunking" noise yet. I have not had the time to dial in the suspension.. I found this thread started by Hrant, http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137937
This seems to be just what I'm experiencing. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have not figured out the "clunking" noise yet. I have not had the time to dial in the suspension.. I found this thread started by Hrant, http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137937
This seems to be just what I'm experiencing. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Have you checked to see if your sways are touching your battery tray? I had to trim my battery tray so my sways wouldn't touch it... also the AC piping clamp was touching it as well...... i really dont think it has anything to do w/ the KW's as mine are super quiet!

Just out of curiousity: do these come complete as in the pic in 1st topic entry, or do the topmounts have to be ordered seperatly as extra/ do the OE Acura topmounts need to be used?

Just out of curiousity: do these come complete as in the pic in 1st topic entry, or do the topmounts have to be ordered seperatly as extra/ do the OE Acura topmounts need to be used?

You can use the top hats from your oem coilovers - all you need is the metal parts the rubber components are not reused.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back