• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW Coilovers - Free Shipping - THMotorsports - Leader in KW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello everyone! Let me be the first to introduce ourselves here. My name is Nick, and we have recently decided to become a vendor on here. After several years of serving various automobile markets including; Honda, Acrua, Nissan, Infiniti, Dodge, Lexus etc. we have decided to dive into the NSX market.

We have built up, what we think to be, an excellent reputation for sales and customer service on at least 25 other forums. We strive to provide the best price as well personalized customer service. Feel free to PM, IM, E-mail or call us for any questions you may have. We will do our best to find the best resolution for your question!

main1_forums.png

After several years of successfully selling KW suspension products, THMotorsports has developed and excellent relationship with everyone at KW North America as well as Germany. Earlier this year, we were invited out to the 24 hours of Nurburgring as guests of KW. This journey gave us incredible insight as to the R&D that goes into each and every set of coilovers. It also solidified our relationship with KW as one of the best retailers in North America.

Enough rambling and on with the product info!

35250022-400x600.jpg

Front Lowering 20-50mm(0.8-2.0inch)

Front Spring Rate 345lbs/in

Rear Lowering 25-55mm(1.0-2.15inch)

Rear Spring Rate 345lbs/in

Part #: 35250022

In-Stock: Yes

MSRP: $ 2,599.00

Product Description

The new KW Variant 3 Coilover System is state-of-the-art technology for the skilled and experienced driver. The separate and independent compression and rebound damping options allow a truly individual driving set-up. These unique systems with the 3 individually adjustable components, allows for adjustment of the compression of the damper in the low-speed range, while the highspeed set-up, so decisive for driving comfort, has been preset by our engineers
Features

• Independently adjustable damping technology -rebound and compression damping
  • Inox-line stainless steel technology at no extra charge
  • Individual height adjustment
  • German TUEV-tested adjustment parameters
  • High-quality components for long life
  • Comprehensive documentation for ease of use
  • Infinitely adjustable rebound damping
  • 14- level adjustable compression damping
  • Unique, independently functioning damping power adjustment

The KW suspensions coilover for the Acura NSX enables the owner to lower their vehicle 20 to 50mm on the front axle and 25mm to 55mm on the rear axle. The coilover suspension retains enough travel to handle maximum load and dynamic loads during driving. Adjustable (and independent reacting) rebound and compression damping allows a truly individual performance driving setup for those technically demanding drivers. Compression dampening adjustment is conducted in the low-speed range, while the high-speed set-up, so decisive for driving comfort, has been pre-set by KW engineers.

kw-nsx-nurburgring.jpg

Important characteristics such as safety, quality and performance are all taken into consideration with each KW coilover design. Each vehicle application is specifically designed and engineered for a proper range of motion, min/max weight loads and min/max lowering. All these requirements are met while retaining it’s performance handling characteristics. Each KW coilover suspension is produced with unique stainless steel “inox-line” technology. The stainless steel construction internally and externally provides long term durability and corrosion resistance from the elements.​
All KW coilovers pass stringent German TUV safety and quality testing standards. Each kit is sold TUV approved.​

PM For NSX Prime Special Pricing

How to order?: Call us at the number below

Call 1-800-959-0145 extension 103 toll free and mention the sale
**Master Card, Visa, Discover, AMEX** OR PM US!!!!!!!
EMAIL: [email protected]
WE ALSO USE AIM: NickGTHM

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: KW Coilovers - FREE Shipping - THMotorsports - Leader in KW

Nice timing! My buddy JUST purchased a set of these from TH Motorsports. Great product, service, and price. I give them a thumbsup! :cool:

Synth19,

I was thinking about these coilovers for a while. The special pricing from TH Motorsports and your review made me pull the trigger. I just ordered my KW V3s from TH Motorsports today. Nick was my point of contact at THM. We traded emails earlier and he was very good to work with.

With aloha,
Mike

Mike, thanks again for your purchase! They are shipping out via 2 day air, so you should receive them promptly. Great speaking with you. Im jealous of your weather.

Synth19,

I was thinking about these coilovers for a while. The special pricing from TH Motorsports and your review made me pull the trigger. I just ordered my KW V3s from TH Motorsports today. Nick was my point of contact at THM. We traded emails earlier and he was very good to work with.

With aloha,
Mike

Good to hear! I wish I went with KW instead of my TEIN's, but I'm in too deep with the TEIN's since the ride height kit is already attached. Looking fwd. to hearing your review.

Mikeoku,
I'm on Oahu and interested in hearing your comments on the KWV3's. How low can you set the front ride height before the tire hits the fender? Would like to see you and your car. I have a custom twin turbo.

Aloha,
Steve

Mikeoku,
I'm on Oahu and interested in hearing your comments on the KWV3's. How low can you set the front ride height before the tire hits the fender? Would like to see you and your car. I have a custom twin turbo.

Aloha,
Steve

Steve,

I should have the KWs installed by the end of January. I need to take care of an unexpected home repair project before I get to play with the NSX. :frown: The ride height on the KW is adjustable (approximately 1 to 2 inches below stock) and I'll probably dial mine in for a 1 inch drop. I'll play around with the bump and rebound settings to see how the NSX reacts on the less than ideal roads we have on Oahu.

A twin turbo!!! It must get exciting when you step on the throttle.

I live in Central Oahu and take the NSX out about twice a month. It's a lightly modded 94 with a GP-White exterior, tan interior, and black roof. Nothing special...it's just an NSX. :biggrin:

In closing, I want to thank THMotorsports for a great transaction.

With aloha,
Mike

Can't wait to hear your review Mike!

I used the 2x4 method and spring compressors to extract the OEM units. Strut removal was easier for the NSX than my Acura TL. The KW V3s went in very smoothly. I suggest setting the adjustable ride height collar high, then work your way down. I was able to leave my stock wheels on the car, jack up the car, then reach over the tire to make my adjustments. For about a 1" drop, the thinner springs are fully compressed. Ride height is now 4" measured from the bottom of the lift-point bars.

The ride quality with the KW V3s is firm compared to my old stock units. I set the rebound/compression setting at a soft level and ran a slalom test at various speeds. This gave me the confidence to push things a little harder.... I gave it too much throttle coming out of a corner and lost the rear end, but it was a piece of cake to recover. I'll play with the settings before making a real "banzai" run. :biggrin:

I included a "before" picture (with the ocean as a background) and an "after" picture .

I'm enjoying my KW V3s and want to thank the guys at THMotorsports for a great transaction.

With aloha,
Mike

Attachments

• nsx12-sm.jpg
    nsx12-sm.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 405
  • NSX KW V3 a.jpg
    NSX KW V3 a.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
I used the 2x4 method and spring compressors to extract the OEM units. Strut removal was easier for the NSX than my Acura TL. The KW V3s went in very smoothly. I suggest setting the adjustable ride height collar high, then work your way down. I was able to leave my stock wheels on the car, jack up the car, then reach over the tire to make my adjustments. For about a 1" drop, the thinner springs are fully compressed. Ride height is now 4" measured from the bottom of the lift-point bars.

The ride quality with the KW V3s is firm compared to my old stock units. I set the rebound/compression setting at a soft level and ran a slalom test at various speeds. This gave me the confidence to push things a little harder.... I gave it too much throttle coming out of a corner and lost the rear end, but it was a piece of cake to recover. I'll play with the settings before making a real "banzai" run. :biggrin:

I included a "before" picture (with the ocean as a background) and an "after" picture .

I'm enjoying my KW V3s and want to thank the guys at THMotorsports for a great transaction.

With aloha,
Mike

Thanks for the review. I've also been considering these and thinking of dumping my TEIN's.

Anyone know the weight of these?

The shipping weight of the box is 51lbs. 51lbs/4 = ~12.75lbs per corner / 2 = ~6.375lbs of unsprung weight per corner.

Thanks... Possibly less taking packaging into account? Anyone know what stock coilover weight is? Is the actual spring considered sprung or unsprung weight? I have always wondered this.

Thanks... Possibly less taking packaging into account? Anyone know what stock coilover weight is? Is the actual spring considered sprung or unsprung weight? I have always wondered this.
Supposively the entire damper (spring and shock) is half unsprung and half sprung weight. Take the weight of the whole setup (spring and shock) / 2 and it will give you roughly the unsprung weight of the setup.

Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back