• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Laguna Seca Federal 595 RS-RR Tires Expériences?

Laguna Seca Federal 595 RS-RR. Track tires choices?

First track day with the new Federal RS-RR on Laguna Seca. They have pretty good grip at the first 10min of 20min session, but didn't hold the heat well and get greasy at the end. I only get 3-4 good hot laps out of them per session. Anyone have similar experience with them?

Video of best lap of the day.

https://youtu.be/J5k_4cTkcpE

-1991 140k miles
-Comptech header and exhaust
-Tein coilover
-Stock US 5sp gear
-Federal RS-RR 215/40/17 , 255/40/17
-Front camber -1.2 Rear -2.5

Last edited:
I run them on my nsx and TT s2000, I echo the same experience as you do. They have lots of grip in optimal weather conditions. I'd use them in the winter/spring mainly. The 595 single R deals with heat a little better. Maybe 1-2 laps longer in a session. That's in Texas heat though.

Is there better selection of track tires with NSX size? I have two set of wheels 17/17 and 17/18.

I run them on my nsx and TT s2000, I echo the same experience as you do. They have lots of grip in optimal weather conditions. I'd use them in the winter/spring mainly. The 595 single R deals with heat a little better. Maybe 1-2 laps longer in a session. That's in Texas heat though.

I would recommend NT01's if you want to go the R-compound route. I used to drive my to and from track weekends on them. If you want to keep Street comps i suggest Hankook RS-4. I have them on my S2000 CR and drove Laguna Seca this month, they have incredible grip and do not have the AWFUL road noise the Federals have.

The problem is they don't have the size that fit the front. 215/40/17 :confused:

I would recommend NT01's if you want to go the R-compound route. I used to drive my to and from track weekends on them. If you want to keep Street comps i suggest Hankook RS-4. I have them on my S2000 CR and drove Laguna Seca this month, they have incredible grip and do not have the AWFUL road noise the Federals have.

The problem is they don't have the size that fit the front. 215/40/17 :confused:

they run wide, but the 235 can barely fit with a perfect offset wheel....do they have a 205/40/17?

I've run AD08R at Laguna Seca and do not experience a reduction of grip through 20 minute sessions in March / April weather. My fastest lap of the sessions is consistently after 10 minutes of track time. Of course I am not a fast driver.

AD08R do come in 215/40R17.

I've switched to 235/40R17, rolled fenders, trimmed liner, -2.3* camber, and get some inner rubbing on a 17"x8"+38 offset.

Last edited:
Back