• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Laguna Seca Lap with Harry's Laptimer

Hi guys,

just wanted to share a video of one of my laps from yesterday at Laguna Seca..I obviously have a lot of improvement to go (only my 3rd time there, and haven't been there in about a year), but am relatively happy with the time given that I am on pretty bad street tires, had to coast the entire straight between 5 and 6 due to the sound restrictions, and broke early and too much before each corner because I just don't have confidence in my stock brakes..oh, and I just don't have the balls to keep on the throttle fully for turn 1, so lose a lot of speed there,too..

Specs on the car: 91, supercharged, aem FIC, konis and eibach springs,stock brakes but Carbotech xp10 fronts and Hawk HP plus rear with Motul brake fluid, and some non compiance stuff...oh, and an Accusump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmdoVkbrfu4&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
It is all done by a pretty awesome iphone App called Harry's Laptimer...basically you mount the iphone in your car, and hit start on the app..Then it will automatically record your session...Afterwards, you can go into the app, and overlay the data on the video for individual laps..It is pretty amazing

http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Home.html

Love the vid! Harry's is the best. I did a comparison between Harry's and a transponder and its surprisingly accurate.

+1. Harry's is da bomb... pretty much the only real reason I'm sticking with iPhone when I upgrade. :smile:

Awesome video BTW. What's that thing hanging over the track at 1:07? Is that the microphones for sound compliance? Did you have any exhaust/sound compliance issues? Which exhaust did you have?

Last edited:
+1. Harry's is da bomb... pretty much the only real reason I'm sticking with iPhone when I upgrade. :smile:

Awesome video BTW. What's that thing hanging over the track at 1:07? Is that the microphones for sound compliance? Did you have any exhaust/sound compliance issues? Which exhaust did you have?

thanks..I am actually not sure what that thing hanging over is, maybe its structure for where they hang banners and stuff?..And yes, I absolutely had exhaust/sound issues,unfortunately..I have just the standard Comptech headers and comptech exhaust with cats and everything, yet got kicked off on two sessions for being over sound(limit is 92 db, I was measuring about 95 db).

So the two workarounds I did were to just coast by the sound booth between 5 and 6, or shift into a higher gear earlier on that straight so the revs were not as high..when I did that, I was ok..

Very nice!
Just like the Gran Turismo game but...in better:smile:

You probably can eliminate the braking before Turn 5 & 6 once you get more familiar with the track and confident with your car. I usually let my foot off the gas and maybe tap the brake for a second to take those 2 corners.

Last edited:
Back