• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lap of Suzuka with a spin........

Wow, Thanks for the Deja vu. Maybe bad choice of words I think thats french.

Is it really that easy to spin out??? you guys were driving so slow and he randomly spun out.

LarryB and I were a couple of cars ahead of you guys and we missed this happening behind us.

We were driving along and Larry looks in the rear view mirror and said something like: "Where is everybody? There is no one behind us." and indeed there was no one there. We weren't going fast, maybe 50-60 mph?

We figured out what must of happened and when we saw that fellow immediately after he looked so embarrassed, even in French.

I love Shad's reaction, an incredulous : "Oh my Lord!":biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
I remember all of the US/Aussie contingent collectively holding their breaths hoping that the culprit wasn't from our respective countries. The last thing we wanted was to be pointed at by Honda and the rest of the group as the people responsible for closing down the driving session.

That vid brings back a lot of good memories. :thumb up:

That driver was in the "first group" to go out. I say "first group" in quotes because we were actualy first in line until apparently someone forgot to give us the memo that we had to allow France to claim victory in something and that ended up being them jumping the line.....

Be that as it may, I did get to go out in the second group and after we all heard of the spin we were all cautioned repeatedly about cold tires and be careful not to spin these cars that were not ours. While standing around hoping that we would not all now lose our opportunity, I was speaking with one of the Honda reps and explained how I know about cold tires since I run Toya RA1s and have 85 track days on my NSX. He smiled and pointed to the NSX-R when it was brought out and told me to take that one.

As I was getting ready to pull out of the pits, he came over to me and again stressed being careful with cold tires. I smiled and said not a problem and entered the track.

I came back into the pits and went over to him and said "tires hot now".

He smiled and we parted for the evening..........

I think he downshifted midcorner. Probably was going from 3rd into 2nd, dumping the clutch (or foot slipped off the clutch) instead of rev-matching like "prelude" said.

Something similar has happened to me when I was at Buttonwillow in the corner coming into the front straight. Didn't quite get the rev-match right and I felt the car "twitch" pretty bad. Luckily the tires were hot, the revs weren't too off, and the wheel wasn't too turned. Was able to correct in time, but I certainly needed to change my pants right afterward. .

That driver was in the "first group" to go out. I say "first group" in quotes because we were actualy first in line until apparently someone forgot to give us the memo that we had to allow France to claim victory in something and that ended up being them jumping the line

Oh yes and they were being tended to and guided by a older, tall, slender Asian woman. I believe I remember her from our trip to Le Man as well.

I do not like thee, Doctor Fell,
The reason why I cannot tell,
But this I know,
And know full well,
I do Not like thee, Doctor Fell.:smile:

Just a note the further back in line from pace car the faster you could go. I would fade back and reached 140 a few times. Also the first groups had cold tires I was in 3rd or 4th group ,same cars, we were spaced out alot more. Suzuka Circuit had alot of tight corners, I wonder if that is why its #1 in F1.

Just a note the further back in line from pace car the faster you could go. I would fade back and reached 140 a few times. Also the first groups had cold tires I was in 3rd or 4th group ,same cars, we were spaced out alot more. Suzuka Circuit had alot of tight corners, I wonder if that is why its #1 in F1.

140Km that's 80mph and I'll bet that wasn't for very long.

Last edited:
140Km that's 80mph and I'll bet that wasn't for very long.
Yes, thats kmph but it sounds good and it did in the type S, it also felt very fast but just being able to drive Suzuka was fenom. Smooth as silk.

Back