• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Last tank 26.8 mpg

Just filled up and calculated my mileage and it came to 26.8 mpg. Granted most of those were freeway miles but I gave it some throttle a few times during that tank too. Not bad at all for an exotic. My 2.3L 4 cyl 5 spd Mazda5 gets 27-28 mpg on average(mostly freeway miles) so getting close to that in the NSX is downright impressive.

thats excellent.... i get may be 20mpg

I got 21 running around town awhile back. Lots of Xmas traffic so most was putting in traffic but still impressive city MPG.

Driving home from Vegas, I routinely got 28+MPG out of tanks....it was all HWY at 80MPH, but I was still impressed.

My lowest has been 9+MPG! :redface:

Driving home from Vegas, I routinely got 28+MPG out of tanks....it was all HWY at 80MPH, but I was still impressed.

My lowest has been 9+MPG! :redface:

I am guessing I can hit 28+ mpg as well if it is all freeway and I don't horse around. If we actually slowed down a bit we could probably get 29-30 mpg.

9 mpg??!! Was that a HPDE track day?

9 mpg??!! Was that a HPDE track day?

Hmmmm......well, unfortunately I don't consider track tanks in my calculations!:redface:

I haven't done any HPDE...although I think it would be fun (I used to race stock cars on the East coast plus I'm an ex-LEO with a couple of advanced EVOC coures under my belt.....so those factors are why I haven't looked into a HPD course).

Nope, That was just goofing around on a couple of afternoons "racing" from stop sign to stop sign around "farm country". :biggrin: :redface: I was just shifting at 8K RPM from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd every time on that tank....usually between 85 and 100% throttle. Cruise at 80 til next stop sign (every mile).....repeat! Was trying to see just how poor fuel economy I could get.....yeah, that's it...that's the only reason....I prom....well, take my wor....well, that's what I'm typing anyway! (As a former police officer I CANNOT condone this behavior....but I can understand WHY someone would do it :D)

I am planning on hitting one of the Joliet track days this Spring though.

Weird, I usually average only 220miles (12-14 mpg) out of a full tank which is conservative city and highway driving. :frown:

I think the Dali chip or stuck open thermostat must be robbing me at the pump.

Weird, I usually average only 220miles (12-14 mpg) out of a full tank which is conservative city and highway driving. :frown:

Something is definately wrong. Get that checked.

I was getting 27-28mpg, on the cross country trip home with the car from Orlando 2 years ago, that's at 75-80mph with the A/C on. Not bad at all.
Around town low 20's, so it does make a big difference on the highway.

Ouch! Try changing that thermostat first. I bet you are running pretty rich with the engine below normal operating temp.

I wish the NSX was doing 2k RPMs in the last gear at 65MPH.

Just imagine the MPGs. 30+

Anyone know if the 6 spd's get any better mileage than the 5 spd's?
With the taller top gear you might be able to break 30 mpg(although the slightly larger displacement may negate that advantage). Anyone with a 6spd conversion on a 3.0L that can comment?

I took my CRX autocrossing once and managed to get the tank average down to 25mpg

I still own a 1991 CRX HF. It has 225K miles on it, original clutch (yes, that's right, ORIGINAL CLUTCH), and still gets 48 MPG. That car is amazing! Honda ingenuity.

I have the 3.0 w/ 6-spd, turning 3000+rpm at 80 mph on 255/40/17 w/ good Texas gas, i got 34 mpg all freeway in the summer w/ AC.
In Calif, I Avg. 31-32mpg.

Sweet! That is economy car territory.

Yeah, we have crappy gas here in CA. Your results jive with a buddy of mine's results. He said as soon as he fills up out of state his gas mileage improves by 2-3 mpg.

Anyone know if the 6 spd's get any better mileage than the 5 spd's?
With the taller top gear you might be able to break 30 mpg(although the slightly larger displacement may negate that advantage). Anyone with a 6spd conversion on a 3.0L that can comment?

Are you talking about the NSX NA2 that comes with the 6 speed or the NA1 6 speed conversion?

For starters, there is a difference in weight between the 2 cars and wheel/tire package.

Wait. Those are impressive fuel economy. I Have the comptech SC and getting 14-20 mpg depending on how I drive. Is that a bit low? Do I need to look into my temp sensor also?

By the way, which temp sensor r u guys referring and where is it located at

Last edited:
When i first got my NSX I drove up from tampa to NC in my 2005 TL and After i got the car was following my girl back and was thinking I would need to fill up before her,, she was now driving the TL,, we needed gas about the same time,, i was shocked,, some guy told me it was cuz the car is SOOO aerodynamic,, I was like shut up!1

Are you talking about the NSX NA2 that comes with the 6 speed or the NA1 6 speed conversion?

For starters, there is a difference in weight between the 2 cars and wheel/tire package.

Initially I was talking about the NA2 that comes with the 6 spd but since there are obviously differences like displacement and as you said "weight and wheel/tire pkg" I decided to ask if there was anyone with an NA1 with a 6 spd conversion.

Wait. Those are impressive fuel economy. I Have the comptech SC and getting 14-20 mpg depending on how I drive. Is that a bit low? Do I need to look into my temp sensor also?

By the way, which temp sensor r u guys referring and where is it located at

We were referring to the thermostat which controls water temp by restricting water flow through the cooling system. When one sticks open, the engine tends to run too cold.

Back