• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Let's hear your work horror stories

xxx said:
I just farted and semi-cleared the office...
I was in meetings this month, where I really wanted to do that badly. :biggrin:

I couldn't physically muster the gas, so I resorted to picking my nose for long periods of time. I didn't have any gold, so I pretended to be flicking boogers at the table and the floors. :tongue:

For some strange reason no one wanted to shake my hands afterwards. :biggrin:

i had a hell of a month too. averaged about 100 hours a week.

i also have some embarrassing drunk moments at company events, but we won't go into that....

NSXFreak00 said:
i had a hell of a month too. averaged about 100 hours a week.

i also have some embarrassing drunk moments at company events, but we won't go into that....
Wow!! I've worked 80 hour weeks. 100 hours, I wouldn't be able to live.

I hope you're making a ton of money to take to the bank.

My month was so bad, that my bosses delivered flowers to me and my family.

Worked 36 hours straight through before (happened a few times, not like I do that on a regular basis).

Had a hard time driving home I was so tired.

I work 70+ hours pretty much every week. A lite work work for me is 55 hours. Now as far as horror stories go; which one do you want?
Im a sales manager at an ACURA dealership. :tongue:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I work 70+ hours pretty much every week. A lite work work for me is 55 hours. Now as far as horror stories go; which one do you want?
Im a sales manager at an ACURA dealership. :tongue:
People who work those kind of hours are either:
a: nuts
b: love their job
c: highly paid and get high off deferred gratification

What category are you in Bridgewater?

Damn you, Blackcat! :D

High paying is not really what my job is about, then again, I'm a university student
so any money is welcome. Sadly, it usually just goes to tuition and books and stuff.

Oh well, life is good nonetheless...and farting in the office is actually funny
becasue everyone else is like 35+ and I'm just a student having a good time! :)

had a hard stressful day at work?

this guy always make me smile.
DSC00160.JPG

Dont complain .... I been out of work now for 8 months. :frown:

By the way this new layout on prime kicks butt

Last edited:
NsXMas said:
I was in meetings this month, where I really wanted to do that badly. :biggrin:

I couldn't physically muster the gas, so I resorted to picking my nose for long periods of time. I didn't have any gold, so I pretended to be flicking boogers at the table and the floors. :tongue:

For some strange reason no one wanted to shake my hands afterwards. :biggrin:

Attachments

• ATT96648.jpg
    ATT96648.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 78
NsXMas said:
I had an unbelievably hellish month at work. A nightmare.

Let's hear your stories, to make me feel like I'm not alone.

:smile:

Soon after taking a job; my department found a 6-12 month old -$1,250,000 out of balance in a checking account with 25,000 checks per month and half the cancelled checks missing (150,000 missing checks, of which 500 were probable fake, at least 3000 different accounts with no AP records). My boss demanded I "reconcile:wink: " the account.

After I demonstrated that it was impossible, he began giving me lists of 25-35 assignments (see item 1 on the list of "How to Fire Anybody") at 4:00 PM every day . Then at 4:30, while I was distributing the work load to my subordinates; he would cheerfully walk out the door saying "Don't work too late!" to me and my staff.

As my boss's boss was retiring - I put up with it for a month; I would start to cry when I got on the elevator in the morning! But the replacement was straight out of a Dilbert cartoon; 6'3", good looking, mindless, no relevant experience. At his first meeting with staff the new guy actually said, "You need to find the low-hanging fruit", with a straight face.

Went back to my office after the meeting and sent my resignation within 5 minutes. Then told my staff to stick with Tradition - blame anything that went wrong for the next year on me. :biggrin:

The account was never reconciled - my boss (and the woman who had signed off on all the accounts) retired early. :rolleyes:

NsXMas said:
I had an unbelievably hellish month at work. A nightmare.

Let's hear your stories, to make me feel like I'm not alone.

:smile:

I once was on a jobsite and the electrician knockeed over my parteners torch and turned it into a rocket shooting from wall to wall aimlesslessly setting each wall on fire until I as well as two others jumped out the windows from the second floor to keep from being killed .We all sat outside and watched the house burn until the fire trucks arrived.
PS.... use a licenced/bonded and insured plumber ONLY!!! hahahah

MYNSX

NsXMas said:
Being a pimp is da life. :biggrin:

I thought you meant horror stories. Not "whore" stories.:smile:

MYNSX said:
I once was on a jobsite and the electrician knockeed over my parteners torch and turned it into a rocket shooting from wall to wall aimlesslessly setting each wall on fire until I as well as two others jumped out the windows from the second floor to keep from being killed .We all sat outside and watched the house burn until the fire trucks arrived.
PS.... use a licenced/bonded and insured plumber ONLY!!! hahahah

MYNSX

Being in there would terrify yet amuse me very much all at once.

MYNSX said:
I once was on a jobsite and the electrician knockeed over my parteners torch and turned it into a rocket shooting from wall to wall.....

Unless this post is in humor, I have a very hard time believing it.

The "pressure" from the jet flame is not enough to overcome what is required to propel the weight of the torch.

Bzzzt.....sorry, the above fails Mother Nature's physics class.

Yellow Rose said:
Unless this post is in humor, I have a very hard time believing it.

The "pressure" from the jet flame is not enough to overcome what is required to propel the weight of the torch.

Bzzzt.....sorry, the above fails Mother Nature's physics class.

Well I was there.

If you'd like I could demonstrate it at your house. :0

If after knocking off he regulator NOW UNREGULATED "as in the accident" and we ignite high pressure acetaline your home survives YOU WIN.

ON THE OTHER HAND???

If after the test you are running for the hills ,well I guess Ive one .

Then you'd have to explain to your insurance co your "FORTE" is certainly NOT PHYSICS and that your VERY,VERY sorry.LOL

TRUST ME IT REALLY WORKS LIKE THIS .Unfortunately.....

MYNSX

I used to work 85-100 hour weeks, but once I had kids I realized life is not all about making the $$$. No one ever lays on the deathbed thinking "if I had only worked more..."

Back