• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lines show better on red!

I bought and sold a red 91 in in 01 and 02 respectively. I then bought a a red 95in 05 and still own it to this day. For my second, I debated over many different color options but no matter how hard I stared, I was always coming back to the fact that lines were better on red than on any other color.

White and yellow look like toys!
Blue looks like it will be dated someday and those days are nearing!
Black hide lines!
Silver looks like an everyday car! I had an integra this color in 86.
I have not seen orange so cant judge!

needless to say, all NSX's look the same; but for some reason, some look better than others. Of course doing a stock for stock comparison!

thoughts

Non-NSX people love the red, probably because it's been the poster color for sports cars since the 80s, but many NSX owners find red to be a bit common and prefer to be different. It's all personal preference. Just enjoy what you have and let others do the same IMO.

You don't have to settle for one color...

2hfi9mo.jpg

Non-NSX people love the red, probably because it's been the poster color for sports cars since the 80s, but many NSX owners find red to be a bit common and prefer to be different. It's all personal preference. Just enjoy what you have and let others do the same IMO.

A simple argument maybe opinion; but I am really trying to see if others feel that different colors do show/hide lines better.

which red..the old or new?

"Blue looks like it will be dated someday and those days are nearing!"

How dare you!

he's probably just trying to scare tobasco into lowering his price:wink:

i think the only color that hides lines for obviuos reasons is black... all the other colors show the lines pretty well. some colors (all of which are personal preference and opinion only) are less 'sporty' then others.

Light colors will show the lines of a car much better than the dark ones, yet some of us like to be more on the stealth side, if I understand correctly you are shopping for NSX number two and you already own a red one might want to change it up and try another color.

I read an article in my local paper recently on car colors. If I remember correctly it stated Silver had passed White as the most popular car color.
The article went on to say how PPG mentioned that Silver was the best color for showing the lines of a car, cars in general.

I love my Red NSX and am not a big fan of silver. But that is my opinion. Black is beautiful when cleaned and polished. My dd is blue.

Red for NSX is the most common color, but Red for Sports cars has always more or less gone hand in hand. The NSX was a shot over the bow of Ferrari, which are mostly red.

A person just won tickets to an upcoming comedy concert on a local radio station contest. The story that helped them win, was about the silver car they purchased. How after they bought it they began to notice how many silver cars were on the road. And shared several stories where she jumped in behind the wheel of a couple cars, only to find out it wasn't her car (embarassing).

She didn't mention what type of siver car she had, but I'm sure it wasn't a NSX. There just aren't that many NSX's to have more than one in a parking lot. :smile:

But as for NSX's silver is not the most common color. In our area there are at least four of us with red NSX's and one Silver.

I would be happy driving any color.... they are beautiful cars IMO.

Colors does make a big differences in comparison. For me it's either gonna be a black one or a white one :biggrin:.

I am trying to analyze the science behind color preference; especially the NSX. I believe it is more than an opinion, it has to do something with how the color complement the lines.

I am trying to analyze the science behind color preference; especially the NSX. I believe it is more than an opinion, it has to do something with how the color complement the lines.

well if you are actualy interested in the science of color perception then you need to study up on the retina and the optic nerves and how our optic cortex organizes those impulses......or else you are asking our opinions:wink:

Last edited:

I think that silver does that job better than any other color.

That would be personal preference. Maybe you are just looking for someone to agree with you that Red is the best color?:confused:

I think darker colors can be related to sheer clothing. In most light it pretty plain and hides the nuances of curves and angles. However, in the right light the curves and angles that were at one point obscured come to life and reveal themselves. Quite romantic honestly.

exiled1-1.jpg

To use the most overused comparison to cars: one is a woman flaunting her cuves outright and another is a woman who dresses in a way that compliments her curves in a subtle, sexy sort of way. You may not notice the latter right away, but in the right situation god damn will she command your attention.

Last edited:
well if you are actualy interested in the science of color perception then you need to study up on the retina and the optic nerves and how our optic cortex organizes those impulses......or else you are asking our opinions:wink:

All I got were experts flaunting there vocabulary but never really answered why the synapses fire the way they do.

Last edited:
I think Jonathan's ten-year-old photo is still the best demonstration for how the lines of a silver NSX with black roof emulate those of a fighter plane:

I think that silver does that job better than any other color.

Even though arguing for best color may be a futile pursuit, and colors look and excite much different in person than on a monitor (black in person is still WOW to me after two black cars), I'm starting to not be able to disagree too much with Brylek after seeing this post by Miléd:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=356054&postcount=77

attachment.php

Pardon my posting here in the pros locker room. Won't be a non-owner forever.

I think darker colors can be related to sheer clothing. In most light it pretty plain and hides the nuances of curves and angles. However, in the right light the curves and angles that were at one point obscured come to life and reveal themselves. Quite romantic honestly.

exiled1-1.jpg

To use the most overused comparison to cars: one is a woman flaunting her cuves outright and another is a woman who dresses in a way that compliments her curves in a subtle, sexy sort of way. You may not notice the latter right away, but in the right situation god damn will she command your attention.

I get it. The level to which I may be attracted to is inversely proportional to my level of desperation.

Last edited:
Back