• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Locked out of car.... Help Please

I let a friend ride in my car, when he got out he hit the lock button both doors were closed and now need to get back in so I can get the car home.

Completely my fault, I don't drive the car often and misplaced my keyless remote a few weeks ago. Please Pm advise if there is an easy way to get in the car

Car has veilside kit with no exterior keypoints.

I called a local locksmith from google and the guy was going to use a slim jim but he had no idea where he was pulling for so I thought I'd see if anyone has a better idea that won't damage anything..

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Hah, that happened to me. While the car was running too. We were able to get in by using a rubber wedge and inflatable bladder. Using the wedge, carefully pry the window back until you can slide in the inflatable bladder. Pump the bladder just enough so that the window forms a gap from the door. Be very careful not to crack the window; you'll be surprised how much the window will flex away from the door however. Use a long rod with an 90 bend on the end to push the auto door button to open the door. You'll need a pretty stiff and long metal rod or wooden dowell.

And do not open the door until you've completely removed the wedge. Or it will totally destroy the alignment of the door, or so I was told by a tow truck driver... :redface:

This happened to a previous car I used to drive. I locked my keys in the trunk, and the tow truck operator opened the door for me, but warned me to not open the door until he was done.

Last edited:
After you get it opened remove the complete remote locking system and send it to me so this doesn't happen again.

Cheers
nigel

I had this happen in my subaru. Call the cops they have all the right tools and will get the door open probably in no time. Didnt cost me a damn dime.

easy DIY for any wanna be thief...... :rolleyes:

This always seem to work for me but Vegas was correct

stock-photo-worker-holding-brick-76564417.jpg

Last edited:
Back