• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Look! You can pay to ride in an nsx! ha!

Eric I'm sorry that I have offensed you.
Good that you stand out and clear things out.
I thought you were just another guy who is trying to cheat $ from other folks ( trust me that was my first impression while reading your ebay auction ) Thats why right I way I post my thoughts over here. I might be wrong just like everyone , thats why the forum here is for us to discuss and debate here. And good luck on your ebay auction

I totally agree with you JChoice, I dont hold the Rich Dad book as a gospal. For me it was just a small catalyst that got me thinking about how "I" was spending my money and what path of life I was taking. In my auction, I only said that we could discuss the principles of the book. As for all of this talk about MLM, if you notice on my ebay page, I specifically state Im NOT trying to get people involved in MLMs ..LOL.

That guys page about Kiyosaki is an interesting read. I agree with a lot of it. But, I find it interesting that people spend so much time trying to discredit others when in that same time, maybe they could have been more positive in their approach and pointed out better ways of doing it?

Originally posted by JChoice:
Eric:
http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

I think the book that you are basing your advice on is a good "motivator" but I found that some of the details in the book seemed "off". After reading the above, I realized why.

As to your eBay auction, it's unfortunate that people feel the need to use such harsh words but you know how forums go. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

[This message has been edited by JChoice (edited 19 March 2003).]

In the end, I probably wont wind up doing this. It was set up more as a test to see what kind of response I would get (good or bad) how much traffic it could generate, and for me to learn how to market auctions on Ebay with certain key words. No one here knows me personally, so I take no offence obviously. TRUST ME when I say, I that I KNOW it is goofy, and I laughed when I made the auction, as did all of my friends! But thats why its so funny. Come on.. I even say that we can do the consulting at a Club or bar!.. or that I can teach people to meet people on the internet! I made this for FUN and possibely to help someone. I obviously am not trying to make my millions here. My safety net was that I could always have a friend out bid any bidder and I could get out of it. Its a funny story, and in 1 week, Ill be able to tell the story of "that time I EBAYed myself.

Cheers...

It's great that you're able to keep a sense of humor after some of the stuff that's been said here. I hope you realize that most of us who post here do not side with the folks who choose to badmouth you. I've been seeing some pretty ugly things being posted here on this forum lately, and I know it's a small minority of people who are the antagonists. All in all, I am still very happy to be a part of this community and you seem to be a good addition to it as well.

Rise above, my friend. Hope you get that blue 2003 NSX one day soon.

Chuck

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

ERicincal, I respect you for defending yourself and clarifying your ad. Because of all the scams out there, I too laughed when I first saw your ad. I also agree with what other people have said. Ebay probably isn't the best place to try and help people.

Without doubt, the best "consulting" I have ever received has come in the form of analysis of a loss, by myself.

Originally posted by KGP:
Without doubt, the best "consulting" I have ever received has come in the form of analysis of a loss, by myself.

Yes, and I bet all of us wish we had received less such "consulting"...
biggrin.gif

I'm going to have an auction where you can help me wash my NSX and change the front suspension pieces..then we can talk about how you need to go ahead and get me something to drink out of the fridge...
smile.gif

------------------
Mason
Tire Rack sales...contact me for all your wheel and tire needs.
1-800-428-8355
Ext. 619

1991 Acura NSX (auto)
2002 Honda S2000
1996 Acura Integra GSR
1990 Honda Accord EX
2003 Mitsubishi Evolution 8

Originally posted by ERicincal:
My safety net was that I could always have a friend out bid any bidder and I could get out of it.

Shill bidding is against e bays rules, and is unethical as well. It could also be seen as a way to scam people.

From ebays site:
What is shill bidding?
Shill bidding is the deliberate placing of bids to artificially raise the price of an item and is not allowed. To avoid the appearance of being involved in this activity, family members, friends, and individuals living together, working together or sharing a computer should not bid on each other's items.

SteveNY, what I meant was that if I felt my personal safety was being compromised, I could get out of the auction. Why are my character and ethics being judged so severely? I have so much information about me on my website, its not like Im trying to hide who I am or behind anything. I know I am leaving myself up for public scrutiny, but geeze.....

Pixalhaus- my "intention" is to benefit in my education. Will I gain anything personally from this, maybe in the future yes, if I can do what I set out to do, and maybe help a few people along the way, then maybe a book or a seminar will make me money in the FUTURE, but for now, all I am gaining is self satisfaction and an education into what others need to hear from a coach. The 2 2by2.net people are perfect examples of the types of people I hope to help someday.

I agree that E bay might not have been the best place for it, but as I said before, I wanted to get a QUICK insight to what people would think.

VIPERDRIVER- Thanks for chiming in something nice. I agree that the community at large is a great one. I am still proud to be a part of it. I was really touched when I saw what was done for NETVIPER and his car. That was awesome. thank you

Originally posted by steveny:

Shill bidding is against e bays rules, and is unethical as well. It could also be seen as a way to scam people.

From ebays site:
What is shill bidding?
Shill bidding is the deliberate placing of bids to artificially raise the price of an item and is not allowed. To avoid the appearance of being involved in this activity, family members, friends, and individuals living together, working together or sharing a computer should not bid on each other's items.

My safety net was that I could always have a friend out bid any bidder and I could get out of it.

Please explain to me why I'd want to get "consulting" from someone who appears to be so "ethically challenged."

Sheesh.

Originally posted by mason@tirerack:
I'm going to have an auction where you can help me wash my NSX and change the front suspension pieces..then we can talk about how you need to go ahead and get me something to drink out of the fridge...
smile.gif

LOL

Originally posted by JChoice:

http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

I think the book that you are basing your advice on is a good "motivator" but I found that some of the details in the book seemed "off". After reading the above, I realized why.

I was gonna post that link too! Kiyosaki just rubs me the wrong way. Books like "Your Money Or Your Life" and "Millionaire Next Door" are much better self-help books. It's all common sense when it comes down to it though, which far too few people have these days..

Haha, that is the dumbest ebay auction i have ever heard of!

Heres my advice:
1. If you want to spend some time in an NSX, get dressed nicely, go down to the dealer, and test drive one yourself. You can find plenty of old Nsx's to drive anywhere.

2.Dont spend a dime to listen to someone else tell you how to make money. Find your own niche, do the best you can, and the money will follow.

Look, i made you wealthier already!

Originally posted by ERicincal:
and with gas prices where they are, another $50 dollars in gas (.375/ mile x 120 miles).

With gas prices where they are, I paid $1.939 for 93 octane premium yesterday at a Mobil station. At 20 miles per gallon average around town, that's $.097/mile...
confused.gif

you know people? i tried to not say anything about this...but the more i read, the more fire burning inside for me to say something...........anywho, i agreee with allan and some of you to be a dumb auction. however, we have to understand that from all indication, eric has a good intention of helping others out and recover his cost on his time away. would i pay for something like this? shitt no!! i can go to my garage and pull her out. if i don't have an nsx, i go to the nearest dealer. i don't like to read. but if i have the urge, i'll run to the nearest barns and noble. if i want to learn about real estate, well i am doing it!! anywho, my point is "to each as his own". instead of bashing him, why don't we just sit back and let the man be. if it doesn't work out, he'll quit. if it does work out, lets just be happy for him as a member of "prime". from the history of man kind, people will try to do different thing, to be unique, and to have his own name. how many years and tries have edison made to create/invent lighbulb/electricity? how many people says he was crazy?.....anywho, i'll stop!!!

I think Allan is totally correct.

Eric had an idea on how to help make a difference, regardless of how good or bad. How many of us can say the same thing?

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
You're right, ERinical - there's a reason that some folks stay in debt and live in apartments all their lives, while others have nice homes and are able to retire early. It's all about doing long-term planning instead of giving in to the urge of the moment.[/B]

I have to disagree here. Its striking the balance of both and that (should) lead to a fuller life. It does for me at least.

Here's my take.

I love my job working on/around/with computers. At home, at work, for family and friends, I can't get enough of it. Its my niche. It keeps me happy.

I obsesss with my car hobby and with travel. It keeps me happy.

Take away one from me, the other is going to suffer.

My Father wants me to buy a big place. I want one more car first. He's self employed and scratches more often then lives high on the hog. He has less then 10 years left of work in him, likely closer to 5 years, in the flooring business with one employee. He's turning 53 this year.

I'm the only offspring. What then? Who is going to pay the bills when he can't lift or drag a roll of carpet or lay down hardwood or make enough sales to live month to month?

He's Michaelangelo when it comes to the kitchen, but he wants a tiny BBQ speciality place and not just cook for someone else. Is that going to pay the bills? If enough people taste his cooking, without a doubt. But not while he lacks the motivation, time, and strength to make it happen. A relative has already promised the capital.

There's no nest egg, no relatives (or those willing, rather) that will come to the rescue but they will invest in hopes his resturant business comes to frutation. Except me, that is.

Social Security? Its not enough.

I can wait a few years and indulge, or I can stretch myself thin by getting a nice place to hold for a couple years profit, one that I won't fully occupy (I'm a minimalist) except for a bedroom with a computer desk, a garage, a bathroom, and a kitchen big enough for one person.

Sorry, Dad. I'd like to help out with the mortgage, but I took your advice and bought this place and I have bills to pay. I really don't want to sell or thin the garage, but I'll have to make some decisions and get back to you.

I'd rather say, don't worry Dad, I got it covered and continue to indulge myself.

I'm retiring early anyway, so why not life a full life while I can? I could be dead next week, so could he.

As far as my girlfriend, spouse, or mistress.. that depends on what I'm driving, whats in the garage, and whats in the shop.

Sunny

[This message has been edited by JaguarXJ6 (edited 20 March 2003).]

i dont think this was a particularly good idea. i cant imagine who would respond that would actually be worth your time. (ie. ready and willing for mentoring).

however, i think the idea of mentoring and giving back is excellent. Personally, ive chosen to serve on the board of a non-profit that serves children and families.

goodluck.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
You're right, ERinical - there's a reason that some folks stay in debt and live in apartments all their lives, while others have nice homes and are able to retire early. It's all about doing long-term planning instead of giving in to the urge of the moment.

Originally posted by JaguarXJ6:
I have to disagree here. Its striking the balance of both and that (should) lead to a fuller life.

You're misinterpreting my comments. It's wise to do long-term planning, and figure out how you want to spend the rest of your life, rather than simply doing anything you want to do RIGHT NOW without giving thought to the future. You seem to be interpreting my words as saying, "NEVER get anything when you're young, NEVER enjoy life when you're young, etc" and I didn't say that or mean that. My advice is to think about your plans (both short-term and long-term), develop priorities, and arrange your finances according to your plan.

If you have a plan for saving and spending, and that plan enables you to satisfy short-term objectives (e.g. car purchase) as well as long-term objectives (e.g. house, retirement) - the "balance" to which you refer - more power to you!

EricinCal
Youre approach to educate others is.... interesting.
I commend you for wishing to "spread the good word" on finance, retirement, debt-consol, etc...via Rich Dad, Poor Dad for I too read this book years ago. I enjoyed its many real-life examples and insisted many of my friends borrow it for a quick read (also The Millionaire next Door and The Only Investment Book youll ever Need). Many of which thanked me for opening their eyes to the true meaning of wealth. Live 50% for today, 50% for the future is my O. BTW anyone read The Roaring 2000s? Haha, thats a funny read

Eric Im bothered by this all too common stereotype: 30something, AGI <95K (95-110=peanuts,>110K=sorry your considered too rich), new Bimmer, Rado, wearin Ballys duma$$ that never even heard of the Roth IRA. Hello, Mcfly, is anybody home

Good luck Eric
-John

Back