• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking to buy

Finally have the money saved up to drop on an NSX. I have been looking everywhere on line, most listing seem to be stateside. That isn't necessarily a deal breaker, however, I would rather just find one in Canada to save the hassle of importation.

Besides the obvious sites like autotrader, and Kijiji, is there anywhere else I should be looking.

I live in Nova Scotia, so I would have to deal over the phone, then fly out and drive back.

Apologies if this is an inappropriate post for this sub-forum, I checked the rules quickly and didn't see anything blatantly against it.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Looking to stay under 50,000 CAD. Mileage doesn't matter to me. Rebuilt title would be considered (price reflected). Automatic would be considered (price reflected since I would convert to manual).

Last edited:
Good evening Eastcoast... I saw your post and have an extremely low KM Canadian NA1 car with original bill of sale. It was appraised last year and may be for sale. Drop me a line if you are interested.

I cannot PM you, likely due to my "newness"

I have updated my initial post, I would prefer to stay under 50,000CAD. guessing by your short description, you will be a lot higher.

Hey Eastcoast, as you know there are pretty slim pickings around here when it comes to finding a used NSX. You might want to to reach out to the NSX Club of Canada at some point, as there are obviously more owners in upper Canada. They may know of some that are for sale. I have imported a couple of vehicles from the US years ago (not NSXs, although my 03 originally came from Florida). It can be fairly straightforward process when working with a cooperative seller. Unfortunately our Canadian peso would cause you some pain at this point.

I'll say it first, a well sorted out and loved example may be a more economical route to go, than a salvaged and or auto one in the long run. I'm sure you are aware that doing a transmission swap on a NSX would not be a simple or inexpensive endeavour.

Where in NS are you located? If you are ever in the valley on a sunny day, I'd be happy to take you out for a rip in mine. Good luck on your quest!

Hey Eastcoast, as you know there are pretty slim pickings around here when it comes to finding a used NSX. You might want to to reach out to the NSX Club of Canada at some point, as there are obviously more owners in upper Canada. They may know of some that are for sale. I have imported a couple of vehicles from the US years ago (not NSXs, although my 03 originally came from Florida). It can be fairly straightforward process when working with a cooperative seller. Unfortunately our Canadian peso would cause you some pain at this point.

I'll say it first, a well sorted out and loved example may be a more economical route to go, than a salvaged and or auto one in the long run. I'm sure you are aware that doing a transmission swap on a NSX would not be a simple or inexpensive endeavour.

Where in NS are you located? If you are ever in the valley on a sunny day, I'd be happy to take you out for a rip in mine. Good luck on your quest!

I’m in the valley, live in Kingston (work on base).

I saw a black on every last year on the 101, assuming that’s yours.

Would love to to meet up sometime! Personal email is [email protected]

as as far as the conversion, totally understand the costs involved, which is why it would have to happen for the right price. And as far as salvage, really depends on what the damage was.

Hello again... yes, I would be looking for more than 50k, as the appraiser told me, the car is showroom condition. More than willing to send you pictures, service history, etc. To give you an idea, the car currently has only 28,000kms. It is also a Candadian car if that matters? Not sure if you are partial. I have not been actively looking to sell, as it is more who would be buying it vs. a hard line on price. Bottom line, my wife has only been in the car 12 times ... can’t really drive the family 😊 I can send you a message with my number to chat if you would like... I have a good friend that is a regular poster on this forum who will vouch for the condition of the car should you be possibly interested.

I have a manual car with 199k miles rebuild engine and tranny. Many extras. I sent you email.

Last edited:
Hey Eastcoast, as you know there are pretty slim pickings around here when it comes to finding a used NSX. You might want to to reach out to the NSX Club of Canada at some point, as there are obviously more owners in upper Canada. They may know of some that are for sale. I have imported a couple of vehicles from the US years ago (not NSXs, although my 03 originally came from Florida). It can be fairly straightforward process when working with a cooperative seller. Unfortunately our Canadian peso would cause you some pain at this point.I'll say it first, a well sorted out and loved example may be a more economical route to go, than a salvaged and or auto one in the long run. I'm sure you are aware that doing a transmission swap on a NSX would not be a simple or inexpensive endeavour. Where in NS are you located? If you are ever in the valley on a sunny day, I'd be happy to take you out for a rip in mine. Good luck on your quest!
Pretty sure I saw you today (driving in greenwood). I cannot msg you since I have a new account. Anyway, would love to meet up and discuss / check your car out. my personal email is [email protected]

Back