• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Love the NSX...but why? (non-owner)

Why? Because Its a blast to drive. Drive one and you to will understand. :wink:

I AGREE!!!! Wanted one since the 8th grade ( 1995 ), test drove one at 18, purchased one at 23, and i love every minute im in it! Couple of years i'll buy another on but a 05! This is one exotic u can't go wrong with!!!! :biggrin:

Lots of people here are telling you that you have to drive one to really understand what the NSX has to offer.

And I can bet you that 99 percent of them have never driven one. Those are mostly people who judge cars only based on specs (probably not much more than horsepower) and never from actually driving one.

ding! ding! ding!!!! I use to think it was slow and underpowered till I actually owned and really beat on it. I use to think my 300+whp 240sx would destroy my NSX. After owning the NSX for as little as a few weeks I realized that this NSX might be quicker than my 240sx with much less power.

Never judge this car's speed by its hp rating. This car is no slouch as many converted C5 vette or other small high powered import cars owners can tell you from personal experience.

To give you an example, my car can run with a 420hp dodge challenger SRT8 down the 1/4 and might probably pull on it a little on the top end.

I used to be "those people" who would talk trash about the NSX. Always saying its too slow and overpriced.

That was before i drove one......

Yea, i eat my own words now. :redface:

spend 100,000 to buy a 290 HP car is overpriced. that's not wrong.

before some people buy a car, they focus on some paper numbers more than driving it. but will those acura dealers let all their potential buyers test drive nsx??????

nsx is slow? that's a big BS. the comments from some morons who have no knowledge. if they can find any company that produces a 3.2L NA car which will be faster than NSX, i will shut up.:biggrin: it's not just drag race.

spend 100,000 for the exotic style, reliability = cheaper than anything on the earth. in fact, exterior is very important. otherwise, just get an ugly EVO, STI, or Mustang. they are fast. but UGLY.

Last edited:
I used to be "those people" who would talk trash about the NSX. Always saying its too slow and overpriced.

That was before i drove one......

Yea, i eat my own words now. :redface:

I never had the luxery of being one of those people. I think before I knew anything about cars I fell in love with the NSX. Some one could say oh this car has 320hp and I would think to my self...is that good? I went to pick a friend up from Acura Carland in GA and they had a red 96 NSX sitting in the show room. I was in aw. The dealer came up and pretty much said to me "ah You like this car" I was like yeah. He told me the figures on the car I replied I don't know what that means aside from the price that I can't afford. He laughed at me and popped open the door and let me sit in it. I fell in love right there and told him I have one of these cars." The NSX is what got me into cars. Its what started it all for me. See I never had the luxery of being one of those that argued against the NSX because I was always a fan and I talked to several owners before getting dragged to the other side.

just get an ugly EVO, STI, or Mustang. they are fast. but UGLY.

LOL but so true, plenty of FAST cars out here for cheap HP but refinement is hard to find........thank god we have the NSX :cool:

rk

Well I can tell you right now that I recently acquired my "dream car" 03 360 spider grigorio titanium silver with TUBI, HRE, Sportivo seats. Yada Yada Yada. The Nsx is easily more fun to drive in the twisty stuff but the ferrari is obviously more of a WOW factor when I drive it. The NSX is a ton of fun has a great engine that has a pretty flat torque curve and pulls right up to the redline. The Ferrari is no slouch but seems to be a lot heavier. All in all they NSX is a bunch more fun as I don't have to worry about where I park, Maintanence, Cocky Forum members, and is a whole lot cheaper to make faster. I'm just glad I held on to my NSX.

Sorry about the poor picture quality...

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I consider my stock 1992 to be the finest car I've owned...I'm 61 and have owned 44 vehicles (so my insurance company says). I agree with virtually all of previous posts so I'll tell you what I find least attractive about the car... I'm 6'3" and with the factory seats, I don't have any headroom to spare..perhaps an inch..this is true of many other performance vehicles..however my seating position is very comfortable and I could easily drive for 8 hours without discomfort. Because of the midengine, the rear quarter visibility, particularly to the right, can be tricky..I find that I use the passenger side mirror frequently to confirm the right-rear situation after looking around that big pillar and through that small (vertically) rear window. My transmission was a snap-ringer (a known defect in some 1991-92's), so I chose to replace it with a rebuild, Japanese market gears, so its a shortshifter which should improve low-end performance....car went to the shop last week and I can't wait to try it out. Some years I get by with just an oil and filter, but sometimes a mechanical or cosmetic item can cost a few grand..but it always starts and runs..always. Timbob.

stock 360 modena vs stock GT 3. which one is faster?

not CS and RS versions.

anyone knows?

best motoring has few videos about them. but i dont think any of them is in fair competition.

Cole,you have openend up a can of goods here!
See what you started?
See what this car does to people?
As a tranplanted european at the age of 15 in 1971,i got hooked in the 60's Muscle car era.
All my buddies had Roadrunners,Chevelles,Barracudas,e.t.c,e.t.c
I was the Olds 442 guy,monster motor,the 69 had a beautifull shape it was different!
Well,i got married young,had kids,had give up my cars,but now at 52 i am ready to do it all over again!
All my buddies and co workers are back to the old Detroit muscle again,but for me i decided to go a different route!
A few years back bought a 91 Integra,loved it.
Now i drive a 97 528 i,love it.
Will drive it till the wheels come off!
It is my daily driver,i live in Wisconsin.....brutal winters,very short summers,so 3 years ago started the search of the dream summer car to buy.
The M-5,awesome shit in your pants solid power,the M-3 is the rocket launcher,the Vettes power up the ass,handles like shit,overated!!!
One day,i spot a red 91 N.S.X!!!
I go check it out,and got the old feeling of my 442 days!!
I go home get the wife,and take the car for a test drive.........
My wife and i have not forgotten that day yet!!!
Had a Vette last week as a rental car cause Hertz dropped the ball,in Las Vegas,again,unlimited power,unstable all over the road after 90 m.p.h. off my list.
The N.S.X had soul,solid feel,simplicity,and how can you not resist that Indy car engine sound 2 feet behind your head!!
I have 2 more cars on my list.
The Cayman,and the Z-4.
So far,the N.S.X is the dream car for me,and i think it will be that way because of what i said before,and the Honda reliability!!!!!
I am hoping by next year i will have enough saved for a 97-T N.S.X,and will proudly announce it to all at this great web site.
Now as Paul Harvey would say,"you know the rest of the story"
Take care,Raicoeurosoccer.

I agree with all statements above. But compared to other exotics, if you actually plan to drive the car and not keep it as a garage queen then the most important factors are that the NSX will start, not break down in the middle of a rainy night, and run for more than 300,000 miles before a rebuild if simply maintained and driven. There are hardly any other cars, let alone exotics or supercars that can be driven that long without having to rebuild the engine or tranny. There are many NSX examples of over 200,000 miles and some over 300,000 miles.

Very few F cars or Lambos have over 50,000 miles and if they do they have had the engine removed and rebuilt already for the price of an NSX. Look up some of the threads on this site about Ferrari ownership and the fear of driving far or at night due to possible breakdown. This car is peace of mind ownership, if you value that sort of thing. I know I do, less stress!

Good luck,

Tytus

It was love at first sight. I didn't care about the performance numbers or that it was not made in Europe. I find myself at a loss for words to explain how I feel about the NSX. When I see another NSX on the road (rare occasion) I get so excited. I live in Az and on Saturday evenings there is a car show that takes place in Scottsdale. You can find just about any performance car you can imagine there. I have seen Lambos, Carrera Gts, F-cars, and the usual Vipers, Corvettes, Ford Gt's, etc.... When I pull up everyone takes notice. Diehard enthusiasts know what it is, everyone else is trying to figure out what it is. The NSX gets a lot of attention, many compliments, and respect. I'm not saying that they run to the car, but somehow they all find their way to see the NSX.

Find a way to test drive one. Owner in the past, soon to be owner again 09!
OJ

SAY WHAT?? Your NSX is more fun in the twisties than a F360??????? :eek:

Depends,I think my nsx with type r susp,sways,gtlw,ect , is at least as much fun as the 360:smile:

For me, the NSX encompasses everything a proper sports car should have. I would rather have a less powerful car with great handling than a super powerful car that felt unstable at high speeds. My first time I hit triple digit speeds in the NSX was really amazing, since the car felt so stable I was wondering whether my speedometer was incorrect. 270 hp sounds low, but considering how old the engine is and the size, it's really pretty good. It's certainly no super car, but it simply doesn't matter. The overall theater of driving a mid engine car is well worth it.

all you need to do is to recongnize someone who has driving skills... (preferably those owners who track their car, or even better with Race car drivers) Take those sorry asses who thinks nsx is slow and underpowered to the track and have them get inside their cars.

it seems expensive, still the best car for the price. It had the look, comfort, track performance, and reliability... Not many cars can have the quality feel as the nsx, and that, many "repeated owners" can confirm.

Well I can tell you right now that I recently acquired my "dream car" 03 360 spider grigorio titanium silver with TUBI, HRE, Sportivo seats. Yada Yada Yada. The Nsx is easily more fun to drive in the twisty stuff but the ferrari is obviously more of a WOW factor when I drive it. The NSX is a ton of fun has a great engine that has a pretty flat torque curve and pulls right up to the redline. The Ferrari is no slouch but seems to be a lot heavier. All in all they NSX is a bunch more fun as I don't have to worry about where I park, Maintanence, Cocky Forum members, and is a whole lot cheaper to make faster. I'm just glad I held on to my NSX.

Sorry about the poor picture quality...

9krpm,

I don't know if you know this, but I used to see your NSX back in the day around the neighborhood. I remember seeing that sleek black exotic pulling into 7 Days corner store once at an angle and scrapping a tad on the chin spoiler. I think that pretty much did it for me. :biggrin:

To the original post, drive one, you will understand. I try respecting everyones opinion, but the truth of the matter, 99% of people that bash the NSX have never driven one. And the ones that have, usually respect the NSX for what it is. I sometimes eye other cars(what can I say, I'm a car nut), and had the chance to stray when I sold my first NSX. Nothing could fit the bill, and I ended up in another NSX 2.5 years ago. No regrets whatsoever! Period. :wink:

Last edited:
Cole,go to Best Buy and get this D.V.D
Best motoring"Roaring vtec,the battles at 10,000 rpm"
You will see tons of N.S.Xs test driven in Japan,and lots of other "ricers"
Take care,Raicoeurosoccer.

Or if you have netflix check out the Best Motoring "Super Battle 2004" disc. They have a race against a gallardo, murcielago, NSX-R, F360, and a couple other cars. The NSX doesn't disappoint. :biggrin: You can see just how good that car is at cornering when it is head to head with those bloated Lambos.

So to the NSX owners, what is your position on this? I'd like to hear some real stories or insight into the NSX world. Hopefully after reading some of your posts you'll make me want to buy one even more :biggrin:.

-Cole

Why I like it. It's the only daily drivable supercar ever made. Some argue the Ferrari 360, and F430 are daily drivable, but they're really not.

As far as power, a lot of people are ignorant about it. I've raced 2 new 400hp Corvettes, and took both of them. Search for my posts, I made a post about one of the kills.

Second, you have to ask if a Ferrari 360 is slow. No? It runs the same 1/4...
Ferrari 360 = 12.8
http://www.autobuyguide.com/2002/12-aut/ferrari/360-modena/reviews/index.html
NSX = 12.9
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Technical/performancenums.htm

Last edited:
I thought one F360 and two Gallardo's would make me forget the NSX. Did not ! I am looking for one again. And it is not the rarity of the NSX that makes it a good car to have.

stock 360 modena vs stock GT 3. which one is faster?

not CS and RS versions.

anyone knows?

best motoring has few videos about them. but i dont think any of them is in fair competition.

Gt3 is faster both acceleration and top speed versus 04 Modena CS base Modena not much slower than CS

Acceleration, sec

M Gt3
0-30 1.6 1.4
0-40 2.2 2.0
0-50 3.4 2.9
0-60 4.3 3.9
0-70 5.5 4.9
0-80 6.9 6.3
0-90 8.2 7.6
0-100 10.1 9.1

1/4 mile, sec @ mph 12.53 @ 114.14 12.07 @ 116.04
Top Modena 186 Gt3 190

http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0404_2004_ferrari_stradale_porsche_gt3/index.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...11_gt3_first_drive_review+t-specs+page-3.html
C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.0 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 8.8 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 14.8 sec
Street start, 5 to 60 mph: 4.4 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 12.3 sec @ 118 mph
Top speed (est): 190 mph

Last edited:
Back