• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LoveFab NSX racing on the Airfield

Bah. Next time you do something like this in Georgia or Florida I want to be there! Have fun in NC.

There is an event on the books in Carrabelle Florida 10/27/12 and another event in North Georgia on 9/22/12

sweet, what lightened rotors are you running, BBK or stock setup?

Brembo rotors only. The calipers are stock with Hawk HPS Plus brake pads

And how have you lightened the carpet? LOL

I swapped the carpet out to the type R carpet. The stock carpet has a rubber backing with extra weight. When compared, I think the total weight different was 6-7 lbs. :tongue:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: WOW!!! Nice! NSX...Nice! Run....

I decided to put together a quick video of my NSX racing against several competitors on various airfields here in the southeast.

My power was either 430whp (lo boost) or 480whp (hi boost)

I am running Lovefab Stage 1 with the addition of alcohol methanol injection. My boost on low is 6.8lbs and high boost is 9.8lbs. I do have stock internals.

My advantage against most of these cars was weight. My car weight 3,080 lbs wet with 1/2 tank of fuel.

Here are the list of cars:

2012 Ford Mustang
2005 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo
2007 Corvette Z06
2012 Camaro ZL1
2008 BMW 135i
2010 Corvette Z06
2011 Shelby GT500
2012 Nissan GTR
2006 Corvette S/C c6
2004 Corvette Z06 c5
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
2006 Viper SRT-10
2006 Corvette C6
2003 Porsche 996 TT

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xct_Wl_ctMU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Real R carpet or tfent? Did you do that just for weight?

TFent Carpet

I did the carpet just to change the color but when they were installing the carpets, I decided to weight and compare each piece.

I haven't set it up for 1/4. Only ran it once and I did 12.4 with a passenger 2 years ago. My only pass of the day.

575x4593.jpg

That's Backside Basher to you :wink:

My aftermarket seats which only fit up to a 34 inch waist work for some people.

As you can see, she does hurt the tushy of most Domestics on the airfield.

Dual purpose name:tongue:

Im a 34 inch waist and i had one ball and a buttcheck go numb sitting in your car!!!!:eek:

Great Vid! I really enjoyed it, One Fast NSX!

That video is amazing and the list of steep competition you did away with very little effort and what seems to be very little modification is very impressive. Thanks for sharing and keeping fear in the hearts of others that want to try an NSX:biggrin:

Great vids!! The porsche was your only L of the day? How much power is he making!?!?

Great vids!! The porsche was your only L of the day? How much power is he making!?!?

Probably around 525-570 whp depending on tune...a good tune will put the Porsche up to 570 on 91 oct.

The EVOMS GT700 will take on a Carrera GT no problem on 91 oct.

Probably around 525-570 whp depending on tune...a good tune will put the Porsche up to 570 on 91 oct.

The EVOMS GT700 will take on a Carrera GT no problem on 91 oct.

The Porsche owner said he is about 600rwhp on his current tune and set up. He is AWD and his weight is about 3450lbs.

This is his current mod list:

2003 Porsche 911 Turbo EVOMS 700

EVOMSit software and engine managment tune
EVOMS carbon fiber custom intake
Custom fuel injectors and fuel rails
Evoms/Garrett GT 700 turbos
Sport Exhaust and headers/high flow platinum cats
Evoms Silicone and Billet boost hoses
Billet diverter valves
GT 700 carbon/Kevlar Clutch
Carbon fiber interior

Those Porsches seem to respond to mods well!! Does one usually have to do internals on those or are they bulletproof motors since theyre boosted from factory? Nice car either way.

The Porsche owner said he is about 600rwhp on his current tune and set up. He is AWD and his weight is about 3450lbs.

This is his current mod list:

2003 Porsche 911 Turbo EVOMS 700

EVOMSit software and engine managment tune
EVOMS carbon fiber custom intake
Custom fuel injectors and fuel rails
Evoms/Garrett GT 700 turbos
Sport Exhaust and headers/high flow platinum cats
Evoms Silicone and Billet boost hoses
Billet diverter valves
GT 700 carbon/Kevlar Clutch
Carbon fiber interior

I believe that, if you guys are running 93 oct in GA he can get to the upwards 500's...depending on his turbo's he must be pushing 1.2-1.4 bar on that car...but his mods list doesn't include a upgraded intercooler which is essential when pushing the gt-700 kit.

The NSX sounds wicked and seems to keep pulling, plus it has to be one of the lighter cars out there with boost.

Videos like this make me want to go FI again.

Go Forced Induction, at this moment I do not know what I would do without it. I must be on that Go Fast Crack Pipe!

I believe that, if you guys are running 93 oct in GA he can get to the upwards 500's...depending on his turbo's he must be pushing 1.2-1.4 bar on that car...but his mods list doesn't include a upgraded intercooler which is essential when pushing the gt-700 kit.

The NSX sounds wicked and seems to keep pulling, plus it has to be one of the lighter cars out there with boost.

The Porsche was trailered in. Very cool guy who is the president of the Orlando Porsche Owners Club

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Here is the scale with my NSX on it.

IMAG1406.jpg

The Right Rear (RR) shows extra weight because there is where the turbo is located.

Back