• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Low and Wide...

HELLO NSXprime. got my hands on a NSX a few months back and i am now ready to start modding it. mod list. suspension, wheels, Lip kit. and see where it takes me from there.

step one Coilovers... DONE

lm057.jpg

next step.. wheels.

(first test fit) 18x12
WAY TOO WIDE!!
lm065.jpg

lm068.jpg

lm070.jpg

this Fits better. 18x10
lm071.jpg

lm072.jpg

lm073.jpg

lm074.jpg

lm075.jpg

lm076.jpg

need to figure out front specs and order some wheels.

Shane, congratulation on purchasing an NSX.

The offset on those wheels is WAY wrong and the car is much too low IMO. If you are driving the NSX as a poseur, then you are on the right track. But the NSX was designed as a performance car. You will not get much performance out of it the way you have set it up so far.

my .02

ShaneC, have you driven on the car yet?

with the coilovers. no rims yet.

Shane, congratulation on purchasing an NSX.

The offset on those wheels is WAY wrong and the car is much too low IMO. If you are driving the NSX as a poseur, then you are on the right track. But the NSX was designed as a performance car. You will not get much performance out of it the way you have set it up so far.

my .02

thanks for the info.

mod number 3 rip off the type S emblem only if Im mistaken and it is a type S then I apologize in advance you dont have listed where you live soooo you never know

what the offsets on the 18 x 12? Thats the width I need for my widebody, and they look spot on widthwise...

Check out other threads regarding rim/tire size combo...Personally like 18s in the front and 19s in the back...If you are unsure on how you want your X to look, I would keep the stock rims for now....Get a Taitec Exhaust and definitely a "ram air" duct to the stock airbox (w/ k&N filter)..guaranteed horsepower....

I really like the first pic with the OEM wheels. My car looks almost them same since I'm currently rolling on OEM's. :smile:

First of all congrats...I hope you get your coilovers dialed in(corner weighted, aligned, balanced)

Secondly your car looks super low so be ready to replace the front lip many times. I am on my fourth now so I know.

If you want a deep dish rim and widest then look at the HRE's....they can fit 19x11's on the NSX.

Otherwise the fat lip look doesnt do anything good except for the deep dish look and those rims look like ass in my opinion sorry.

18,19 combo is fine if you dont care about performance or speed.
17,18 is the best for looks and performance on a car without a lot of power.

Once again welcome and enjoy the car. Come out to NSXPO this year.

You should keep the 18x12"s fo sho! All you need is some chrome mudflaps to complete the look (make sure they have the silhouette of the girl on them though)!
lm065.jpg

mod number 3 rip off the type S emblem only if Im mistaken and it is a type S then I apologize in advance you dont have listed where you live soooo you never know

California plates, lhd, and he is outside a custom shop so..... hopefully he's fing with y'all about the wheels (if not, to each their own).

Is this ShaneC from ClubLexus? Anyway, this is CK6Speed from CL and I do have to say that the VIP style hella flush rim set up doesn't really work on the NSX and you wont find much support for that type of set up here. These guys aren't conservative, but performance is the main goal here for most owners. Stretched tires wont get much love here either.

Seriously though, congratulation on the NSX. It's a great car.

You should keep the 18x12"s fo sho! All you need is some chrome mudflaps to complete the look (make sure they have the silhouette of the girl on them though)!

that's what i was planning to do.

Is this ShaneC from ClubLexus? Anyway, this is CK6Speed from CL and I do have to say that the VIP style hella flush rim set up doesn't really work on the NSX and you wont find much support for that type of set up here. These guys aren't conservative, but performance is the main goal here for most owners. Stretched tires wont get much love here either.

Seriously though, congratulation on the NSX. It's a great car.

Hey there. yes i am the same shanec from cl. i kinda got the feel of the forum after the first response to this thread. i will just buy things i need here and post up threads in the future if when i get a supercharger :)

Shane, another CL member here. Prime owners will not appreciate your efforts here with the flush stance like you have done on your GS. These guys are very conservative at most. Talking about flush and a poke, keep at it homie, love to see your final stance. I just finished my setup of straight 19's with a pretty decnt poke in the rear, dumped and flush. Once I get my photos, they'll be up. Good luck yo!

These guys are very conservative at most.

this has nothing to do with being conservative, most folks that own these cars care about the car's performance and will not screw it up just to impress the ricer crowd with 'looks-only' (and very subjective).
lets see- rubbing issues, ill handling, questionable esthetics, bottoming out everywhere you go along with scraping the airdams etc. really, you want to prove your modding prowess buy a civic and go to town on it- at least the next owner will not hate you- thats where these comments are coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:
perhaps you want to audition to

lean_like_promo_03.jpg

:biggrin:

JK, I understand your pain, there's WAY to much gap going on, but if I was you I would keep my stock wheels and have 25mm spacers (wheel adapters) all around.

Or perhaps these amazing Advan's like SYNTH19 rocks!

2.jpg

Here, stock 02+ wheels with 25mm all around as I said before

DSC07741.jpg

We are not square here, what happens is that the NSX has exotic lines, so, some stuff you must avoid so you don't break those smooth timeless lines ...I push my luck with my led's as you can see!

Oscar

this has nothing to do with being conservative, most folks that own these cars care about the car's performance and will not screw it up just to impress the ricer crowd with 'looks-only' (and very subjective).
lets see- rubbing issues, ill handling, questionable esthetics, bottoming out everywhere you go along with scraping the airdams etc. really, you want to prove your modding prowess buy a civic and go to town on it- at least the next owner will not hate you- thats where these comments are coming from.

This board and most of it's members are conservative, including yourself apparently. "Most of these folks that own these cars care about the cars performance and will not screw it up just to impress the ricer crowd." So you are telling me that the current HellaFlush scene is consider ricer including all the VIP cars, stretched out 350's and G35's? Gimme a break. You've seen one NSX, you've literally seen them all. If anything, I can appreciate shane's thread, yeah, his wheels are kinda whack (Too aggressive), but heck it's a "test fit." I give him props for his major contribution to ClubLexus and now, his contribution to NSXprime so relax yo! Lol..

Back