• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Major Lovefab turbo problems...I need advice.

I decided to put the car in storage recently as I have zero room to spare in my garage this winter. I figured this would be the last outing for the year and decided to offer my next door neighbor a ride down the highway. I couldn't resist doing some "spirited" pulls in boost (I should add that all laws were obeyed) for some end-of-year data with my neighbor holding the laptop.

I think my neighbor has mentioned something to some of the other guys in the neighborhood. Everyone I talk to is asking for rides...even the neighbor on the corner who is a retired police officer. It feels like I've built a free fair ride open to the public. What should I do?

All joking aside... my turbo kit is over 3 years old and has a little over 18,000 miles on it. The first dyno session was in June of 2006 - the car made 555.2 WHP which is where I left it to this day. I've never had even a squeak or loose bolt on the kit and definitely enjoy not having to constantly tweak or mess with anything. The car starts and settles into a steady idle on the first try every time regardless of outside temperature or how long it has been sitting. Fuel mileage hovers between 23 – 24 MPG on the highway when we’ve taken trips in the car. I’m running 720cc injectors and a 30-1002 AEM EMS (big surprise).

I started another project early last year. Not sure if I have the time to finish that one, but I can assure you I’ll call Lovefab when the time comes.

I posted this to publicly say thanks to Cody at Lovefab. I really appreciate having a product I don’t have to worry about as I have zero free time on my hands these days.

+1

15 months an 10k miles on mine and it has been reliable as stock. Thanks Lovefab and SOS.

I decided to put the car in storage recently as I have zero room to spare in my garage this winter. I figured this would be the last outing for the year and decided to offer my next door neighbor a ride down the highway. I couldn't resist doing some "spirited" pulls in boost (I should add that all laws were obeyed) for some end-of-year data with my neighbor holding the laptop.

I think my neighbor has mentioned something to some of the other guys in the neighborhood. Everyone I talk to is asking for rides...even the neighbor on the corner who is a retired police officer. It feels like I've built a free fair ride open to the public. What should I do?

All joking aside... my turbo kit is over 3 years old and has a little over 18,000 miles on it. The first dyno session was in June of 2006 - the car made 555.2 WHP which is where I left it to this day. I've never had even a squeak or loose bolt on the kit and definitely enjoy not having to constantly tweak or mess with anything. The car starts and settles into a steady idle on the first try every time regardless of outside temperature or how long it has been sitting. Fuel mileage hovers between 23 – 24 MPG on the highway when we’ve taken trips in the car. I’m running 720cc injectors and a 30-1002 AEM EMS (big surprise).

I started another project early last year. Not sure if I have the time to finish that one, but I can assure you I’ll call Lovefab when the time comes.

I posted this to publicly say thanks to Cody at Lovefab. I really appreciate having a product I don’t have to worry about as I have zero free time on my hands these days.

You should only give rides, when the gas tank is getting low, so they can fill your tank up.

Bryan

Devin-

It is good to see that you have such "problems". I am experiencing the same issues, oddly enough. I put Tweety to bed two weeks ago myself. Now that I don't have the car to mess around with, I am being pulled back into upgrading my home audio system. Upgrade-itis on high end home audio can be more expensive than a NSX. :eek: But it sure sounds sweet. Let's hope for a El Nino winter and a early spring. Give me a call if you are in Detroit any time soon. Would love to catch lunch with you.

Devin-

It is good to see that you have such "problems". I am experiencing the same issues, oddly enough. I put Tweety to bed two weeks ago myself. Now that I don't have the car to mess around with, I am being pulled back into upgrading my home audio system. Upgrade-itis on high end home audio can be more expensive than a NSX. :eek: But it sure sounds sweet. Let's hope for a El Nino winter and a early spring. Give me a call if you are in Detroit any time soon. Would love to catch lunch with you.

I'll definitely take you up on that Al. I should be in Detroit around the first of the year for work.

Can't wait to hear what you are cooking up for your home theater / sound system! Your old setup was incredible!

Devin-

I will look forward to seeing you then. Yeah, I have made some significant upgrades - it is like I am rediscovering my CD collection. And my new DAC is capable of playing high resolution music recordings of up to 32bit 192Khz. The sound from that kind of source material is utterly mind blowing.

Love to hear people enjoying the Lovefab! Just wondering who's dyno your NSX was tuned on at that power rating, as we all know some of these "respected" tuners are smoking crack with they're B.S. Dyno numbers! I was a victim of this fabricated dyno number crap I just spoke of, & had to retune mine to get what I should have in the 1st place...

555.2 HP - Payn Technologies - Mustang Dyno
558.1 HP - Wheel to Wheel Powertrain - Mustang Dyno
574.5 HP - Advanced Chassis Dyno - Dynojet

The above numbers were all on the exact same calibration/boost and very similar weather conditions within two weeks of each other. There was a dynapack in the area as well, but the customer cars in the area always reported unusually high numbers so I didn't bother trying there.

Cody at Lovefab and other cars in the area always experienced the same thing - the Payn Technologies and Wheel to Wheel dynos always recorded the lowest and I believe were the most realistic based on fuel consumption calculations.

What size turbo & what boost level are you running to produce those numbers? What's your compression,liters,etc? I've seen quite A few different issues at your power level!

I've been experiencing the same 'problem' of late :wink:

Brian

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem as well. Must be some sort of glitch or flaw with a turbo set up. Damn. I knew I should have gone with a supercharger instead. :tongue:

Boost is such a wonderful thing to share!

Here is a fun little video showing when 2 of our pals, Ryan (driving) and Jon (filming) got to experience it for the first time :biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jipKJm5SZrc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jipKJm5SZrc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If the embedded video doesn't play, catch it directly from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jipKJm5SZrc&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
Au jus to Devin -Ur an Ass!

Some day soon I too hope to suffer from this dilemma.

By the way, you say there are two guys in that video, but all I hear are laughing school girls. Where were they hidden inside the car? You would think that with two grown men in a little 2 seater that they would be able to flush out the giggling schoolgirls hidden behind the seats.

Re: Au jus to Devin -Ur an Ass!

By the way, you say there are two guys in that video, but all I hear are laughing school girls. Where were they hidden inside the car? You would think that with two grown men in a little 2 seater that they would be able to flush out the giggling schoolgirls hidden behind the seats.

Believe me, we have pointed that out to them on numerous occasions.
There is no nitrous plumbed in that system, so a N2O leak has been ruled out as a cause of the giddiness :biggrin:

We concluded that boost simply has a way of doing this to otherwise mature rational adults :wink:

Brian

Re: Au jus to Devin -Ur an Ass!

I was just about to say the same thing. And the title of this thread would lead people to believe this was a negative thread.

As the driver in that video, all I can say is...........yea, it turns you into a school girl. :biggrin: That was my first time behind the wheel of a boosted NSX and the video just doesn't do it justice...its a beast, and sooo addicting as you can see....I keep having to hit it.
If I end up keeping my NSX (i hope)....a lovefab setup won't be far away.

Back