• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mechanical Inspection - St.Louis

Hi,

I would like to buy a NSX in St.Louis and before I bring it to Canada on is own power and before I buy it, I would like to do a complete mechanical inspection.

Where is the best place to do it ?
What do you suggest to check first, the most important things.

It's a 1994, with 38 000 miles.
TB/WP done in 2002 or 15 000 miles ago
Engine oil changed each 3000 miles
Brake/clutch fluid flushed in 2010.
Coolant changed 2008.

Thanks !

Jeff

Last edited:
I would get the VIN# and call the dealership to get a copy of the service records they have and ask the owner for any maintenance receipts they have. You might also ask the dealer how much they'd charge for a diagnostic and mechanical inspection. Check the body closely for paint work and body panels for seam matchup. Check the undercarriage for scrapes and dents. Brake pads at that mileage could be worn depending on the owners driving style and HPDE events attended. Make sure the idles steady around 850rpm and there's no unusual engine noises. The engine temperature should be rock steady at mid-range on the guage when warmed up. There is a good post here on pre-purchase check lists, but I don't remember which forum it's on.
You're gonna love this car!

Thanks !

I all ready have the paperwork of the TB, coolant, brake fluid, clutch fluid and engine oil change

I also have the carfax, title copy and licence driver copy.

The owner told me he have all paperwork.

I take a flight to be there during the week of march 28.

Someone here saw the car last year and said is i mint condition.
So, if you want take a ride and go see the car for me before I take my flight, let me know, it will be very appreciated. :)

Last edited:
I replied in your other thread. Let me know if you need someone to go look at this car. Thanks and good luck!

Back