• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meeyatch1 + Detroit Auto Show Press Day + NSX unveiling = AWESOME!!

That's right. You read the title correctly. The favorite NSX owner that everyone is sure is some kind of nutcase, or just the one to use as an example of what not to do with your NSX, is heading for the Motor City of Detroit, Michigan in a matter of minutes for the Press Day unveiling of all of the new and exciting products for 2012 including (WE HOPE!!) the replacement for the NSX. Am I excited? YOU BET!! Will I be able to sleep tonight (once I find a hotel room or comfortable box to sleep in since all of the rooms in Detroit are like $300 per night right now)? No chance of sleep. Do I plan to keep all of my NSX friends here on NSX Prime up to date on the super sweet new toys from Honda/ Acura....ESPECIALLY the next generation NSX? OHHHH, YEAH!! :)

So stay tuned, ladies and germs. I will have updates for you as soon as I get them. Hopefully it will be super fantastic!! :cool: :biggrin:

If no one else will take you in tonight :tongue: we have room. PM for details.
We are about 25 miles west of Cobo Hall/Auto Show/downtown Motor City with direct freeway access.

the gloves are off...who will be the first Mitch or Wingz?????:tongue:

Mitch and Wingz should take turns elbowing the crowd away so each can get awesome pictures to share with those of us not in Detroit

Seems that they will give a press pass to anyone these days :biggrin:

Also local.... looking forward to your pics! PM me if you're still dealing with logistics.

Local guys....I may need someplace to call 'home' tomorrow, so stay tuned! :)

Great dinner tonight with some of the team from Acura. Top notch group, and they are excited about tomorrow too! Should be awesome.

the gloves are off...who will be the first Mitch or Wingz?????:tongue:

I bet WingZ will beat me to the posting. I will be drooling and figuring out how to get the NSX prototype out and fitted with snow tires. ;)

The profile of this is beyond words....even under a cover.

f55b5899.jpg

Mitch man bum rush the stage and pull that cover off,take some wild snaps,as security tackles you ......you'll be an internet star...

Is that a beak coming out of the front? from the side with the cover on it looks like a MP4-12C IMO

Is it me or does the side silhouette of this looks a lot like the Mclaren MP412-C?

Lol Arista5 just posted that MP412-C just a couple before me we are thinking alike.

I got a feeling they don't have the beak shield for this design. If you look at the avengers car beak shield's "beak point" it sits a lot lower than where this cars "hood drop off point" is. According to Mitch's pictures it looks like a near vertical drop from that hood drop off point.

Last edited:
I'm hitting F5 to refresh every few minutes. It's like play-by-play in the old days!

When is the exibit supposed to open?

Mitch man bum rush the stage and pull that cover off,take some wild snaps,as security tackles you ......you'll be an internet star...

Hahaha!! The HUGE security guard watching the stage would have a problem with that....and I would be hospitalized.

The profile with the cover on is very much an R8 and a MP4-12C combined.

The unveiling is at 2:35 pm EST....so stay tuned. I am in the front row, and don't intend to move for the next 5 hours. :)

Back