• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Microfiber towels.

Hi,

I tried to read all the threads I can find on this subject, however, I still dont know which towel is best. I am looking for towels that I can wipe down my NSX after I take her out for a spin. I am most concern about swirls left on paint. Is there a recently new product that is best for this; removing dust, bugs, and etc after a cruise. I appreciate any info. If someone can find a thread on this topic that has recent recommendations, I apologies and please put the link in your reply.

Warm regards,
Dat

M/F during washing, and brand-new M/F for drying, some guys on here got a brand new leaf-blower to get the car dry, I think thats to extreme.LOL but not a bad idea.

but new for washing, and new for drying.

you can get them anywhere, walmart, target, walgreens, publix, piggly Wiggly LOL.

usually a 5 pack is like 1.99 so I get about 10 packs, per visit or intill I run out.

I dont like spraying to much of anything on my paint. though my paint isnt the best. but its original.

But do not buy them anywhere! All microfiber towels are not the same. Some have synthetic stitching on the hems that will scratch your car. Towels from Griot's are expensive but well made and have soft stitches at the hems/ends of the fabric.

over the years we have had some very useful microfiber discussions,just pop it into the search only two pages come up.

I agree with Mickeylex on Griots. I have used their products for 15+ years.
99.9% of their car care products are biodegradeable(NO SILICONES) and all their tools(buffers,etc.) have a LIFETIME WARRANTY. Nothing but Griots touches my NSX, RL, MDX & PILOT. Check out their website that Mickeylex gave the link.

Dat, just keep in mind that over time any microfiber towel will add swirls to your car's finish. That being said, as others have suggested, use the best ones available.

Hope you're enjoying the car.

Doug

Dat, just keep in mind that over time any microfiber towel will add swirls to your car's finish. That being said, as others have suggested, use the best ones available.

Hope you're enjoying the car.

Doug

Hi Doug,

That is what I am trying to figure out with this thread and my search on Prime. However, there seem to be no concensus as to what is the BEST microfiber brand out there....

And yes, I take her out at least once a week!

Best is simply someone's opinion and you know what they say about opinions. :smile: Here's mine. I use three different brands of MF towels and in order of preference they are:

Cobra shamrock from autogeek.net. These are very soft, very plush and quite large but a little unwieldy, even when folded in quarters. I don't see them at this time on their website though they do seem to have Cobra yellow. I haven't been on autogeek for a while so perhaps there's a replacement for the shamrocks.

Zaino blonde towels. Almost as soft as Cobra, not quite as plush. A bit smaller in size and easy to handle.

DF Concours. These were the first MF towels I purchased. They were fine a few years ago when new, but very rarely will I use them on the car finish, relegated to door jambs and the like.

I also have some blue waffle weave Cobra towels that I use specifically for windows.

I've looked at bargain MF towels at Target, Walmart, etc. and they don't compare to those from autogeek or Zaino. They simply feel way too rough and not worth the expense.

Back