• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mike's clean 1995 NSX with Downforce spoiler, diffuser, and Shine GT spoiler

Mike recently installed some new parts on his squeaky clean 1996 NSX and I thought to share. Compared to some of the other rear spoilers out there, the Downforce rear spoiler is easily the best. Besides the obvious - like placing the electrical wiring in the right place, it fits the best of any we have installed. Molded directly from a genuine Honda NSX-R spoiler, it also retains the graceful and functional wind tunnel tested aerofoil shape of the genuine article. It also has several other nice perks - like offering a DOT approved LED lamp. Enough talk, let's see some picts!

cooley1.jpg

cooley2.jpg

cooley3.jpg

The Shine GT Spoiler still remains as our top selling chin spoiler, and it's easy to see why!

shinegt_red_800.jpg

shinegt_red2_800.jpg

shinegt_red3_800.jpg

shinegt_red4_800.jpg

take care,
-- Chris

Last edited:
Painted spoiler looks great on red. Just my opinion, it needs 02+ tails. They make a huge difference in appearance. Needs nothing else.

+1 with the 02 taillights.

If the top where black then yes the red spoiler would look odd but he can get away with the red spoiler/red top. While it's not for everyone I do like it.

Cool pics Chris!!! But the car is a 1996 NSX-T.

Mike

Mike recently installed some new parts on his squeaky clean 1995 NSX and I thought to share. Compared to some of the other rear spoilers out there, the Downforce rear spoiler is easily the best. Besides the obvious - like placing the electrical wiring in the right place, it fits the best of any we have installed. Molded directly from a genuine Honda NSX-R spoiler, it also retains the graceful and functional wind tunnel tested aerofoil shape of the genuine article. It also has several other nice perks - like offering a DOT approved LED lamp. Enough talk, let's see some picts!

cooley1.jpg

cooley2.jpg

cooley3.jpg

The Shine GT Spoiler still remains as our top selling chin spoiler, and it's easy to see why!

shinegt_red_800.jpg

shinegt_red2_800.jpg

shinegt_red3_800.jpg

shinegt_red4_800.jpg

take care,
-- Chris

Car looks great Chris...almost as clean as the floor of that garage :eek:

I might be in the minority here but the '02 tail lights are _not_ an improvment over the simple elegance of the pre-'02 units. The front Shine chin spoiler would also look right if it was left black (and it will not look bad after a few scrapings too). I would also black out the center red line in the main "mouth" opening with black tape or something.

Last edited:
When I first acquired my nsx my least favorite angle of the car was the back end. The pre 02 taillights looks extremely cheap and outdated and the lower valence looked it incomplete. After I put in the NSX R wing, 02 + rear taillights, and the 02+ rear valence the back end of the car is now my favorite angle of the car.

I don't think I've ever scraped the back, I never feel it or see any signs of scraping. Every once in a while I will scrape the front on a steep driveway, but this doesn't happen very often. As you can see in the photos, you can't see the scraping on the bottom of the spoiler...

Looks good, but I'd bet it would scrape front and back on any driveway.

Look at the shop in the photos. Chris gave me a tour soon after he moved in. Nice...I mean first class all the way!

I don't think I've ever scraped the back, I never feel it or see any signs of scraping. Every once in a while I will scrape the front on a steep driveway, but this doesn't happen very often. As you can see in the photos, you can't see the scraping on the bottom of the spoiler...

The fit of the front spoiler looks great along the seam where it is attached to the valance. How is it attached, with the normal fasteners.

Last edited:
Is that the pricier of the two Downforce rear diffuser aprons on the 2002+ rear end?

I love the longer deeper fins but worried it would scrape around my driveway entry. How is that piece attached? I have the Mode4 diffuser right now but wouldn't mind trying one...hehe

Sweet car, very well put together - I've always loved the flip-up headlights combined with a 2002+ rear end!

License plate is fitting for such a fast car :)

rick

Is that the pricier of the two Downforce rear diffuser aprons on the 2002+ rear end?

I love the longer deeper fins but worried it would scrape around my driveway entry. How is that piece attached? I have the Mode4 diffuser right now but wouldn't mind trying one...hehe

Sweet car, very well put together - I've always loved the flip-up headlights combined with a 2002+ rear end!

License plate is fitting for such a fast car :)

rick
Yes it's the pricier one but well worth it. I love mine.

I love this 2002 rear valence and diffuser combination.

However, the five vertical fins in the valence just don't flow into the four vertical lines of the diffuser, and would bother me after while. (I know, I'm worse than my significant other)

Would it be aerodynamically logical to make a diffuser with 5 fins, or would I be better off cutting out the fins in the valence or cover them up with a dark mesh or something? Suggestions?

-Tai

Back