• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

More Supply Equals Price Drops!

Hi all NSX'ers

It's been a while since i posted. But i have stilll been active on this great nsxprime site!!!

Well...I have been still searching for my one NSX! its been almost 2 years of searching. So pretty much I follow all the supply out there, either in Autotrader or nsxprime marketplace.

And since about a month ago I notice A LOT MORE NSX's for sale, Especially NA2's

So I am feeling great because this prices should begin to fall.

Because...

1. There is more supply!
2. It looks like there are a lot of motivated sellers, because of the credit crunch crisis, foreclosure mess, just basically people can't pay their debt, especially the ones that took out big loans for a NA2.

I think there were a lot of owners that bought NSX's when they financially could not pay there payments.

What do you guys think?

Because I read a new thread about prices rising?

At this point where the economy is struggling across the board. I feel we will have less buyers than usual and actually for a long time, because the economy hasn't really bottom quite yet?

Your opinions are appreciated!!!

GO NSXPRIMERS!

I think the additional NSX's for sale right now, or the supply, is due to the weather. Sure there are many places around the country where you have the chance to drive your car all year long. But there are just as many places where you can't. You aren't going to see someone where I live buying a car that they can't drive for several months.

I am having a difficult time locating a nice measureable NSX at a low price, can you post some?:biggrin:

I think the additional NSX's for sale right now, or the supply, is due to the weather. Sure there are many places around the country where you have the chance to drive your car all year long. But there are just as many places where you can't. You aren't going to see someone where I live buying a car that they can't drive for several months.

+1 California. Drive her anytime and day. No Snow here.

I also agree about the current economy and foreclosure crisis.

Last edited:
What is that exhaust you have. Looks great from back.

ARK-DTX

You can take her home for $36K.

My apologies to NimbleSexyXquiste. That was not nice of us to jack this thread..

Last edited:
I totally agree with region and weather, but its driving season.

I always thought people sell their cars before winter like in aug to oct.

In the last 2 years I have never seen these many NSX's for sale especially the NA2.

As for the NA1's There have been no significant price drops, actually i see more inflated priced NA1.

But my main question was mainly for the NA2 Price Drops.

I just feel most people can't afford an NSX anymore there a lot of buyers trying to inflate there price to pay their loans off. So its either sell at a buyers price(Lower) or get Repo'd.

But has anyone else notice the increase of NA2's for sale? Cus i certainly do. so now I might be shopping for a NA2 rather a NA1.

Nice Exhaust tho, and thanks for hijacking my thread LOL! its kool!

Take is Easy Guys.

More Opinions appreciated!!!

I just hope that helps me out here in Canada somehow. I would love a local car, but I may just have to pick one up from the states.

2 yrs. looking for an NSX...What are you looking for?? I have seen so many nice ones come across this board (and otherwise) in the past year let alone the past 2 years... (including mine). Is a couple thousand either way the only difference??? :confused:
"Price is what you pay, Value is what you get" Right...but this is a car were talking about..not a corporation!

2 yrs. looking for an NSX...What are you looking for?? I have seen so many nice ones come across this board (and otherwise) in the past year let alone the past 2 years... (including mine). Is a couple thousand either way the only difference??? :confused:
"Price is what you pay, Value is what you get" Right...but this is a car were talking about..not a corporation!

Confused in deed you are my NSXer frend.

Maybe my standards are bit higher. I have been going back and forth on deciding on a NA1 or NA2.

I have a Acura RSX!

So i am in no hurry.

I just don't get why you attacking me and then attack my beloved Oracle of Ohama quote.

I live in California where we have high cost homes and the highest gas prices.

If I should take my sweet time I will.

We're talking about buying a High Quality and expensive to maintain and service automobile.

$40K+ that can be wiped out clean by one crash!

Why shouldn't I take my time?

and please why don't you give me your specs and price of your nsx that your aquired so i can no where you're coming from. (Checked out your profile, and I am not as established as you my fren, so I guess a couple thousand doesn't mean much too you, so i still respect that, but for some couple of thousand can do a lot =) No Hard Feelings. I understand)

And a Couple thousand equals new rims, 02+ Headlights, Insurance, gas, etc.

And since I did wait a lil longer and the pricing of NA2's dropping, bottom line I am saving numerous thousand$!!!

People here California are very savvy with our Ca$h. I can't say the same for other states.

Thanks for the 2cents anyways.

My thoughts on this issue are changing actually. 3,6,9 months ago I would have said "Slowdown, recession...no big deal. It's a unique owners group and many people haven't stretched to buy theirs."

Now, I must say, I don't entirely think that is the case. You ARE seeing a lot of NSXs up for sale (not just winter). It is a car that attracts the levered and newly wealthy.

While I don't see prices going down massively (particularly in the older segment), I do think that new-ish NSXs will get killed unless they are bone stock perfect. In other words, 10k more miles than the norm might cost thousands and thousands.... sux, but that's the economy these days. Maybe the cheap $ will rescue the U.S. 02+ market.

My thoughts on this issue are changing actually. 3,6,9 months ago I would have said "Slowdown, recession...no big deal. It's a unique owners group and many people haven't stretched to buy theirs."

Now, I must say, I don't entirely think that is the case. You ARE seeing a lot of NSXs up for sale (not just winter). It is a car that attracts the levered and newly wealthy.

While I don't see prices going down massively (particularly in the older segment), I do think that new-ish NSXs will get killed unless they are bone stock perfect. In other words, 10k more miles than the norm might cost thousands and thousands.... sux, but that's the economy these days. Maybe the cheap $ will rescue the U.S. 02+ market.

Great post Ski!

You have always been a great voice in this NSX community.

Keep it Up!

Also that your brought up the point of the weak U$ Dollar, I hope that not too many foriegners buy all of our NSX stock...hehe. Just like what's happening in the HOT Manhattan Real Estate. Everyone Rich Foreigner buying up the great RE.

Thanks again Ski on your insights!

All Opinion Appreciated in this great NSX Community!

Great post Ski!

You have always been a great voice in this NSX community.

Keep it Up!

Also that your brought up the point of the weak U$ Dollar, I hope that not too many foriegners buy all of our NSX stock...hehe. Just like what's happening in the HOT Manhattan Real Estate. Everyone Rich Foreigner buying up the great RE.

Thanks again Ski on your insights!

All Opinion Appreciated in this great NSX Community!

Ya, those are my thoughts. I DON'T think the older NSXs will be much affected. Maybe, lets say, if 30k is the norm for a 91, it will be 25k this year. Not a big change. But... the more marginal nice NSXs will come down quite a bit. The top end of the range will, for years, be around $70-85k for 2005s. But crappy 05s or 04s will trade far below that when the economy sucks.

Ya, those are my thoughts. I DON'T think the older NSXs will be much affected. Maybe, lets say, if 30k is the norm for a 91, it will be 25k this year. Not a big change.

Thats a 17% price drop!! That is HUGE in my book.

Greetings

I think that a lot of the last few years of cars were leased. My 2003 was a 3 year lease return -- I paid cash for Black Beauty and thank the original owner for paying the depreciation. I saw a lot of 3 and 4 year lease returns -- cars just coming off lease when I called or emailed the dealers. It took me 8 months to find the one I wanted. It seemed to me at that time that a lot of people in 2002 through 2005 must have felt cash strapped and leased the car of their dream.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I think that prices have come down and I agree that inventory is higher. I don't know if it is a seasonal thing or that we are in a recession.

Martin

Greetings

I think that a lot of the last few years of cars were leased. My 2003 was a 3 year lease return -- I paid cash for Black Beauty and thank the original owner for paying the depreciation. I saw a lot of 3 and 4 year lease returns -- cars just coming off lease when I called or emailed the dealers. It took me 8 months to find the one I wanted. It seemed to me at that time that a lot of people in 2002 through 2005 must have felt cash strapped and leased the car of their dream.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I think that prices have come down and I agree that inventory is higher. I don't know if it is a seasonal thing or that we are in a recession.

Martin

I think it had alot to do with the $799 lease they had then as well. That's what I would have done. Paid the $799 lease and then bought it at the end.

Not sure if your right? Lots for sale, but prices seem about the same?
More stinkers now that the car is getting older and they seem to be priced accordingly. Newer models are still depreciating, and will continue.
Can you give some examples? Yrs., mileage, etc?
Maybe its time to buy a 2nd one!:smile:

Here are the ones I have been tracking:

02 Silver/Black - 6k = $69k
03 Silver/Black - 13k = $65k
02 Imola/Black - 9k = $69k
03 Silver/Silver - 37k = $55k
03 Red/Black - 25k = $62k
05 Blue/Black - 18k = $67k
04 Yellow/Black - 15k = $65k
02 Yellow/Black - 27k = $55k

Back