• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Most EXPENSIVE NSX project

Give the guy a break and let him do whatever he wants to his car. I can only the huge amounts of shit I'll be getting if I go through with my Maiden project. Everyone will be whining and bitching on the boards but in real life they'll take a look at the car then go home and jerk off.

NSX-UrbanRyder said:
Do me a BIG favor and DONT ASSUME YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME OR MY INTETIONS concerning a NSX!!

Pretty much the same thing that the guy who wanted to put a Z06 engine into an NSX said... then he turned out to be a high school kid.

Sorry, I'm done giving the benefit of a doubt when someone starts talking about being "a driver" and "bling" and "wilder club" and "price is not going to be an issue".

01blacks4 said:
this crap is why the nsx, after being around for 15 frickin years has had almost ZERO aftermarket development, and why EVERYTHING for the car cost so much.....

Actually I would bet its because of the extreme low volume of the NSX in comparisson to other cars, i.e there are about 18,000 NSX's in the world, compared to the hundrers of thousands of integra's, accords, civics etc. I am guessing the first time engineering development costs to develop a turbo etc for these cars is pretty close for all of these vehicles. As you are dealing with the same issues, high compression, engine not built for boost. In order to capture your first time engineering costs you have to spread that out over the number of units you anticipate selling, with the low production numbers of the NSX the end user takes the price hit. This is no different than Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche etc. One could argue that you are charged a premium, becasue well you bought an expensive car, however if there were hundreds of thousands of NSX's out there it would be easier to recapture first time engineering costs.

Anyway I agree with you if he wants to mod his car then so be it! :smile:

NSX-UrbanRyder said:
I"m looking to purchase my first NSX soon and wanted to know who has the most expensively modified NSX. I'm looking to modify whatever I purchase so BLING to SPEED cars are welcome. Please list what you have done and a basic price range of mods and include pics of your car if possible. My goal is to blend both function, speed and aesthetics to my future car and I'm looking to see some individual PASSION guys have for the NSX platform.

On a side note, what is the largest NSX club and is there any club wilder than Top End NSX? What is the price those guys have into THOSE cars?:eek:

I'm quoting the O.P., but in response to Peirseg and a couple others bashing Robr on his opinion that I somewhat share.

Why quote the O.P.?? Because I question the guy's intentions - not as a troll - but as a tool. 1. Let's start with the title: "Most EXPENSIVE NSX project" -- tell me what that conveys? Someone that doesn't know squat about mod possibilities - just wants to make/have (to own, sell perhaps, who knows?) "the most expensive NSX" If he wants to see pictures - I believe there is an entire section of the site devoted to pictures. 2. He say's straight up he's shooting for BLING 3. "On a side note, what is the largest NSX club and is there any club wilder than Top End NSX?"

Sounds like a highly uninformed tool to me. Take the time to actually learn about the car - the answer to any question is right here on this website - and then ask specific questions if you want. You sound like a joker to me, can't wait to see your custom license plate "MAX $ NSX"

How's the 94 Acura Legend treating you?

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=815614

His profile says he's 38 and he doesn't mention high school class like the last guy, so he probably really isn't a kid this time around :).

But posts like this make me second guess that age:
First Name : UrbanRyder
E-mail Address : [email protected]
Comment : I just wanted to send a shout out to Kaye Brown. Shes the hottest thing out so ya need to wake up and stop sleepin on my girl!!
Much love and Blessing with the show baby girl. Im ALWAYS watchin ya!!

(Note the email address matches his Yahoo IM name in his Prime profile).

Of course he uses an email address of atchisonmotorsport in one of his posts here, so perhaps he's really Scott Atchison, the CART driver. Maybe that's what he meant when he said he was "a driver"? :)

Last edited:
have to say I agree. I am skeptical.

Ski_Banker said:
I'm quoting the O.P., but in response to Peirseg and a couple others bashing Robr on his opinion that I somewhat share.

Why quote the O.P.?? Because I question the guy's intentions - not as a troll - but as a tool. 1. Let's start with the title: "Most EXPENSIVE NSX project" -- tell me what that conveys? Someone that doesn't know squat about mod possibilities - just wants to make/have (to own, sell perhaps, who knows?) "the most expensive NSX" If he wants to see pictures - I believe there is an entire section of the site devoted to pictures. 2. He say's straight up he's shooting for BLING 3. "On a side note, what is the largest NSX club and is there any club wilder than Top End NSX?"

Sounds like a highly uninformed tool to me. Take the time to actually learn about the car - the answer to any question is right here on this website - and then ask specific questions if you want. You sound like a joker to me, can't wait to see your custom license plate "MAX $ NSX"

LOL.... man this forum ain't for everybody.... we have our own police force, judges and jury... and they are not merciful. :)

NSX-UrbanRyder, if you really want to know the answer, I would say spend a little time searching on the forum, look through the gallery, many members here have their cars listed with pics and mods... you can see it all.

There is some impatience here because there are a lot of kids that try to troll and waste people's time. Your informed questions will be well answered by very knowledgable members...

The word bling and any tasteful car do not go together!! :smile:
Unless you have bling on your teeth, I saw 50 cent's murcielago that was painted to look aluminum, talk about bliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing, whoooooooooeeeeeeee boys better grab your saddles.

I just want to point out that, when you start modding the car, there's no end to it.

You had probably already know this, there's always better products coming out be it wheels, tires, suspension, even engine mods and body kits... I guessed if you want idea, you could have just gone to SoS website or give Chris a call of getting a quote of your "money no object" mod plan.

IMO, most of the wide bodied nsx in US weren't the fastest. So if you want to look at wide bodied nsx that performs, you might have to look at those nsx in Japan. I got one cd showing the nsx meet in Japan. I forgot if that's topend member, the "captain" when asked, had said he had put diffrent body kits, suspensions and customzied exhausts over the years of his ownership. He felt that his car can't be modified any more.... when asked about the cost of modifications... He said about 50 000 000 Yen!!! I will be hard pressed that anyone in US would want to spend this much to a nsx... so there you go.

It's a cliche saying that Sky is the limit.

Maybe most heavily modified might be a better way to word it.

You never want to sound obnoxious even if you are actually not.

In response to your request....modding with OEM Type R parts will be the most expensive.

Replica parts are as low as 1/9 of an OEM Type R part. But then how good is fitment? You really want to do your own research. My budget was low so I had to mix and match. Downforce and Procar do make worthy Type R wings though. I am starting to itch for one instead of the Dreamzsports.:smile:

peiserg said:
value of your sarcasm to nsx commnity-$0.

value of the help you've given to someone with money to spend and different taste than you- $0.

black01s4 was right.

I agree 100% with peiserg!!!! Urban, ask me anything you want and do a search on stuff you want( Ive done everything except engine mods, but we know them too.) The search is not the best but with some time 95% of the answers to your questions can be found. I had a great start hanging with the STL crew and surrounding states, even when i didn't have one:smile: . Some of my closest friends came from prime(you know who you are).

I have at least 20k in mods and parts alone(NOT INCLUDING LABOR). The stl crew has it all and is very knowledgable, turbo's, s/c's, nitrous, wheels , zanardi's, and loads of track time. You name it, it's been done here. Posting and getting opinions is great, thats how i started and why i like prime.

Just remember don't post dumb PERSONAL attacks like "ski banker" and also, DONT STAY A REGISTERED USER!!!! Again like ski banker. Keep it real.:rolleyes: Contribute to the fullest when you get yours i've had a great time so far.

Also for the cheap seats. Im sure anybody that has modded an nsx here has gotten hundreds of pm's asking questions from "how much you car cost", to "when im in st.louis can i see your car?"
i answer all pm's and give advice on what i've done or seen. I feel i should give back what i got. I knew nothing about nsx's prime. These are some of the nicest guys i've met.

As a member of nsxprime i try to answer all questions that i got answers to when i started. Excuse some of these memb.......i mean "USERS" here. Having a forum to go to get even the tiniest thing is priceless!:cool:

It really doesn’t matter if he is a troll or tool, I question if he is legit, but does that mean that his question is any less interesting?

He asked who has pushed the car to its limits, both in bling, and performance, and even mentioned the Top Gear crew, using this as a reference. I cant see how some of you would feel that he is going to RUIN the reputation of the vehicle...

The vehicle will always stand on its own as a great car from the past, some will hack the crap outta them and some will make them better. Rob, you getting pulled over in your NSX, and the cop making a reference to the FnF probably has nothing to do with your car, just that fact it is an import and your were driving questionably.

To think that he is going to ruin the reputation of a car that most people don’t even recognize is pretty foolish.

Using NOTKTS car as an example was great; the problem is that to some this car is "over the top" and "way to bling" or "way to rice". I think the car is OK, and have the same body kit, so I don’t agree, The issue is the opinion varies as to what BLING is...which got everyone all screwed up.

I agree that the limited production has defiantly contributed to the lack of interest in the NSX aftermarket community. I also think that if you look at even the last 2 years, all the people who have come here with and IDEA for the car, to make it different/better and if their name wasn’t Chris with SOS most of you bashed the guy. (That was not to show any disrespect to Chris or SOS). The Amazing thing is the people who did the most crap talking NEVER WOULD WANT OR BUY THE PRODUCTS MENTIONED. If you don’t want them, why voice your opinion.

This community seems to have too many "professional, educated, intellectuals" for its own good. The reason I say this is some seem to think they bought a supercar, and that it is untouchable….even Mclaren’s and Salen S7’s get modded people.

They made too many NSX for too many years for it to ever really GROW in value. If you wanted a supercar, which you don’t touch because it’s reputation may be effected and its value may decrease…..buy a Ferrari, which is probably what you want anyway, but couldn’t swing….

I am sure I have made some friends with this post…

Just my .02....

Marc

The first step in having silly questions answered in this forum is to buy an NSX. After you buy the NSX then you're welcome to post any silly thing you like (as you can well see by the posts). My advice is for you to accomplish step 1 and then repost your question, you might get better answers.

TURBO2GO said:
NSX-UrbanRyder, if you really want to know the answer, I would say spend a little time searching on the forum, look through the gallery, many members here have their cars listed with pics and mods... you can see it all.

Definitely, a search would yield many examples. If a search was done, I would do it again.

NSX-UrbanRyder said:
On a side note, what is the largest NSX club...
Others may be able to confirm the size, but the NSXCA has a fair amount of members.

nsx2tall said:
The first step in having silly questions answered in this forum is to buy an NSX. After you buy the NSX then you're welcome to post any silly thing you like (as you can well see by the posts). My advice is for you to accomplish step 1 and then repost your question, you might get better answers.

Why does he need the car first....

Do you buy the house before you ask about schools in the area...?

Maybe he is seeing how receptive the PUBLIC forums are, and how far he can take the car BEFORE spending the money....

Crap Posts Like that are what keep people down...im sure your a manager or division leader or some person in a position of power, go crap on your subordinates...leave the internet alone....

Wow...just read this thread, hit the refresh button, and another 5 posts show up...

I could comment, but i wont, all i can say is that i feel so sad after reading this.:frown:

NSXCELERATE said:
The word bling and any tasteful car do not go together!! :smile:

Is that really the case or is it just your personal definition of the verbiage?

People describe the engine compartment of my Dad's 94 as "bling" all the time. I don't find the comment insulting, nor have I ever heard anyone refer to our engine compartment is "distasteful".

3738IMG_0822-med.JPG

I think in this case- SOME people on this board need to crank down the sensitivity meter, and quit being such Nazi's about what a person does with their car.

YES- the price of admission is coming down. YES people like me will be able to afford to become owners, and YES I may do some things you don't like when I get one.

Like it or not.

The same goes for the O.P.

There is not one single poster on this thread as of this post who has been a member of this community longer than me.(Not true: DutchBlackNSX got in while I was typing) In the last 6 years I have seen a lot of folks come and go.

When did we become so hostile here that we need to "weed out" people who ask innocent questions?

The guy wanted to get an idea about how much Mods cost- why not just help him out instead of patronizing him?

He isn't talking about butchering the car live the Z06 conversion kid. He isn't talking about doing mods beyond anything we have seen before.

For Christ sakes who made ya'll the keepers of the faith?

robr- Bringing down the "reputation of the car"? Hello pot! My names Kettle!-

Dude: You're an Ex-con, and YOU'RE an owner.
Not to seem too harsh, but I don't generally associate myself with ex-cons.
I know that is a mean point to make, but it is the truth.

I don't see anyone here knocking you for it, or saying that your ownership makes the rest of them look bad. I have read comments you have made in the past, and I respect your opinion regardless of your background. I view you as an exception to my personal stereotype.

Yet here you are policing the board, trying to find information to take the guy down a peg?!?!

Why?

Maybe you should make some exceptions to your stereotypes too?

Lets not forget- this guy didn't show up to be a troll- he just asked a question. You went to flames when you didn't like the way he described his intentions. He has made several attempts to make amends, yet there oare those here that won't allow it.

My MySpace ID is Flip425

Now feel free to go forth and dredge up whatever dirt you need to in order to make yourself feel better cause I just called you a hypocrite.

It has been 6 years on the board now, so i am sure you can find some of my own hypocrisy right her on Prime.

Last edited:
robr said:
I have no problem with faster, it's the BLING you mention that I have a problem with. When people start blinging out their cars, the police start to form an opinion that drivers of these vehicles are "FnF" or "gangsta" types and form an immediate opinion when they see an "FnF vehicle". It causes me to get more tickets instead of catching a break because I get lumped in as having and "FnF mentality".

:confused:

robr said:
Pretty much the same thing that the guy who wanted to put a Z06 engine into an NSX said... then he turned out to be a high school kid.

Sorry, I'm done giving the benefit of a doubt when someone starts talking about being "a driver" and "bling" and "wilder club" and "price is not going to be an issue".

never judge a book by its cover.

H-carWizKid said:
I
robr- Bringing down the "reputation of the car"? Hello pot! My names Kettle!-

Dude: You're an Ex-con, and YOU'RE an owner.
Not to seem too harsh, but I don't generally associate myself with ex-cons.
I know that is a mean point to make, but it is the truth.

I don't see anyone here knocking you for it, or saying that your ownership makes the rest of them look bad. I have read comments you have made in the past, and I respect your opinion regardless of your background. I view you as an exception to my personal stereotype.

Yet here you are policing the board, trying to find information to take the guy down a peg?!?!

Why?

First of all, there are many of us who have been around on the NSX mail list (which is still active) prior to ever signing up for Prime. Eventually most of us migrated over here when Lud started it, but I don't really see how length of time you've been on this board is relevant to anything.

Second, the fact that I'm an ex-con (I never really understood that term, once convicted of something, you're always a convict unless you get a pardon, so how does that make one an ex-con) does not devalue the reputation of the NSX as a whole. It doesn't say CON anywhere on my NSX (though I did think about getting the plate NSXCON) and there is no way for anyone to know looking at the NSX that there is a convict driving it. EVEN if there was, it's one example among thousands. My peeve is with the word "BLING". This one person wouldn't devalue the perception of the NSX alone even if he totally blinged the thing out, the issue is that more and more people are starting this trend and I hate it. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. As mentioned, part of the issue is the definition of the word "bling". Shiny engine compartments are not what come to mind when I think "bling" (mine is pretty shiny as well) - when I hear bling, I think hip-hop, ridiculous giant jewelry, diamond and gold teeth, 24" chrome spinners, all of which are ridiculously gaudy.

You don't have to like or appreciate my opinion and that's fine. All of you that know me know I'll help anyone in this community with legitimate questions, I've done it time and time again. The OP here looked and smelled like another troll, so yeah, I laid into him. He still smells like one, there aren't too many people that can say "money is no object" and really mean it. I'm almost certain he isn't one of them. Even those people here that have dropped $50K in mods on their NSX, I'm sure they still ask how much they are spending. I can't imagine anyone here dropped a car off at Factor-X with a blank check and said, "go for it, I don't care what it costs." They are still going to ask about pricing and negotiate and make decisions whether to do this or that based on the quoted price.

Back