• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Motortrend - NSX Vs GT-R

Not sure why you say he didn't talk in the NSX. It wasn't nonstop but he definitely was not silent.

Also, are you suggesting the NSX is under-tired for the weight?
My bad, that was copied & pasted from the M4 GTS and I skipped over the comment when plugging in the specs for the NSX. I fixed it. Yes the NSX is relatively under-tired.

Those tires are for the V6 1LE. The SS 1LE uses 285/30ZR20 fronts and 305/30ZR20 rears.
Thanks for the correction. Fixed.

SOOOO much better than Lightning Lap. Better writing, test methods, they even say what hot tire pressures they ran and what driving modes. Great Job MT! Unfortunately they didn't have very many good things to say about the NSX:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/mclaren/570/2016/2016-motor-trend-best-drivers-car/

I am a bit surprised of its poor lap times even on Trofeo R tires. I guess it's not really the reincarnation of the original in spirit or purpose.

Last edited:
I am a bit surprised of its poor lap times even on Trofeo R tires. I guess it's not really the reincarnation of the original in spirit or purpose.

i agree, i was surprised myself. i never thought the NSX would have the measure of the faster Supercars (488, McLaren), but i did think it would be closer. especially to the everyday daily driver R8. the promise of all that high tech wizardry and innovational SH-AWD and torque vectoring didn't deliver...

Both cars also in this "extremely scientific test".

the video part of the test isn't at all scientific, it's purely to have a visual to help tell the story. but i believe they use the actual numbers of each car from instrumented testing...

Tied for third in this group exceeds my expectations.

you mean fourth?

look at the distance behind the Audi, that's about what 7/10ths of a second in a quarter mile looks like...

attachment.php

Jonny sipping coffee under a full throttle launch, hilarious... :biggrin:

The coffee bit was hilarious. It just exudes the elegance or calmness that the NSX has been associated with, which for some is bad thing but not so bad for others I'd say.

SOOOO much better than Lightning Lap. Better writing, test methods, they even say what hot tire pressures they ran and what driving modes. Great Job MT! Unfortunately they didn't have very many good things to say about the NSX:

MT did a much more thorough job for the most part, but I'm baffled as to why they didn't post what tire each car was using. On some cars it was mentioned in parentheses but for most of them they didn't print it at all, unless I'm missing something. Either way, NSX lap time wasn't great even with Trofeo R's. Straightline speed is also a bit of a disappointment. Not slow by any means but clearly left behind by all of its direct competitors. I hope they're planning a hell of a mid cycle refresh in addition to the NSX-R.

Losing *anything* to the less costly, 10 year old technology GTR is very bad. I have no doubt which car is prettier and better to live with though. Just a bit of a diet and a tune...

Back