• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Move me over to the Owner's Thread!

Okee dokee, I've gone and done it. I'm a proud new owner of a used NSX. I bought a 2002 Yellow/Onyx with 13K. Let me list the options on the car for you.......

.....wait a minute, hardly any options are available! It's a very, very nice car. I have driven it less than one hour, now I have to fly back and wait for delivery. Ugh.

I look forward to joining with the folks in Milwaukee. I live quite near there. My NSX has a date with Brookfield Acura for a 2x-over.

I'll work on posting a few photos, but they'd be at the dealer. I'd prefer to post photos at its new home.

By the way, it's an 'it' because I already have more important women in my life (wife and my youngest).

Congrats on your new toy!

Congratulations!

I expect you have found the Midwest forum on this site? If not, check it out.

We have a lot of great people and a lot of great events planned for the year in your area.

You will have to bring the car out to Kopp's in Brookfield. Several local NSXers and other enthusiasts (primarily japanese vehicles but some american, german and italian) try to meet there every Wednesday at 6pm for a nice drive and some food. Those meets usually start in the later part of the spring and run through the fall.

There is also a significant NSX presence at Road America and a variety of HPDEs throughout the midwest, typically Road America, Blackhawk, Autobahn, Grattan, Gingerman.

Don't forget NSXPO 2007 in Columbus OH. There are also local NSXCA events, including the upcoming dinner 3/24 in the Chicago area.

Welcome and congratulations! Look forward to meeting you in the future. Also rest assured you'll be in the greatest care with John Vasos and Acura of Brookfield.

Okee dokee, I've gone and done it. I'm a proud new owner of a used NSX. I bought a 2002 Yellow/Onyx with 13K. Let me list the options on the car for you.......

.....wait a minute, hardly any options are available! It's a very, very nice car. I have driven it less than one hour, now I have to fly back and wait for delivery. Ugh.

I look forward to joining with the folks in Milwaukee. I live quite near there. My NSX has a date with Brookfield Acura for a 2x-over.

I'll work on posting a few photos, but they'd be at the dealer. I'd prefer to post photos at its new home.

By the way, it's an 'it' because I already have more important women in my life (wife and my youngest).
CONGRATS...unless its snowing, shoulda drove it home!
"Used" is stretching it...2002 with 13k is "NEW" to me!

Congrats!! Where did you have to fly to to buy this beauty?

congrats....NOW THE PICTURES~!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It's been pretty ugly around here in Wisconsin. I haven't done photos yet since it has been so bad.

In fact, I did drive it home from New Jersey. I flew to NJ for work--but first, I stopped at the dealer, test drove the beauty + went through all the wonderful NSXPrime checklists and items to watch out for. Since all things checked out without any incident, I bought it. No, I did not do a dealer pre-purchase inspection.

I am relatively good with things mechanical, plus a good friend is an expert auto body guy. Every time someone buys a car, I look at it for paint work evidence. He then looks at it and tells me what I missed! Over the years, I've learned quite a lot and can spot most any paint work. This car had no paint work anywhere--ever.

I've been playing phone tag with John Vasos at Acura Brookfield (WI). We've spoken, but I have not gotten my new darling up to see them yet. Each time the weather looks like it will cooperate, we don't connect. Other times, it is just butt ugly Wisconsin winter. I drove in some slushy salty mess, but I wasn't happy about it!

On other news, I received my NSXCA membership materials today. Thanks guys! What a wonderful group of people. I am looking forward to meeting many of you at the events.

Ok, ok. I promise to get some photos with the kids in/around the car. My oldest (boy-2.5yrs) really loves "daddy yellow car"

pharma

CONGRATULATIONS!!
You're with a great dealership. Four years ago I flew from Portland, Oregon east to Wisconsin to buy my dream car...a 2000 NSX from Brookfield Acura. It only had 2500 miles at the time. I drove it home to Portland. Say howdy to John Vanos for me...he took time to go over ownership details with me that made the delivery process exceptional...you're in good hands. You bought a car with low miles...NOW DRIVE IT...pile those miles on and and enjoy every one!
Tim

Last edited:
Think that you need to change your avatar, you did say that you bought the best color NSX, so you need to "reflect" that!!!:biggrin:

Back