• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Muffler for 450hp? Good sound?

I need a new muffler for the CTSC'd beast which should be making approx 450hp when all the new mods are on.

Three important things:
-Must flow enough to support close to 200hp more than a stock NSX.
-It must be quite light although I don't need a 6lb tin crap can!
-It must sound amazing! My old DC muffler sounds like junk!

Thinking of the GruppeM V3 or one of the GT One variants. Thoughts?

Just curious how you're making 450hp with a CTSC car?

Yeah, when I read the thread I initially thought he meant he was going hi-boost and the 450 hp was GROSS/CRANK estimated HP and not Whp. Remove 15%+/- and you end up with a little less than 400 Whp which is possible at the highest end of the hi-boost CTSC's, I think.

Curious to know the thread-starter's response too???

Gruppe M Ver 3 is very nice or GT-ROM 5.1

Gruppe M Ver 3 is very nice or GT-ROM 5.1

Thank you. I prefer the sound of a merged muffler system and I think the GruppeM is built that way. Does the GT ROM have large diameter pipes? They have so many systems how does one decide on the correct version :confused:

For everyone who commented on my HP number...450CHP might be a bit optimistic but I wanted to get the point across that this isn't a common low boost 3.0L CTSC car, rather something with a bit more zip :biggrin:

Have you thought about the Moroso Spiral Flow?

They have a polished SS version that is suppose to be under 4lbs each.

I've been researching this muffler on various car forums and it appears that regardless of the application it sounds awesome.

From LS1 to Neons.

94050_group.jpg

For everyone who commented on my HP number...450CHP might be a bit optimistic but I wanted to get the point across that this isn't a common low boost 3.0L CTSC car, rather something with a bit more zip :biggrin:

Not doubting just looking for ideas.:biggrin:

Are you going to leave the cats on or take them off?

I say leave them on, I dont think you pickup any significant power gain and it sounds way too loud.

If the cats are gone you might consider using resonators in their place. The resonators do not restrict flow and they remove the bad sound (blap,blap,blap) that the cats were removing. This will make any exhaust you choose sound more refined.

You may want to check with Shad at DrivingAmbition:http://www.drivingambition.us/

He has been experimenting with different exhaust designs and even made a custom one for Kip's 500+ rwhp. Some of the local tracks have sound limits (such as 93 dbs) and to keep a 500+ rwhp that puts out 105 dbs within those limits is a challenge to say the least. If sound limits are not an issue, you should have a few options. HTH.

If you want the best give me a shout and I'll get back to you. Mr. Tamura made the exhausts based on market needs and requests of customers. Considering his English is limited (bad joke...) he has only been listening to the ones in Japan.

The N1 is more performance based and slightly lighter than the F1 series which is louder and has a distinct F1 like whine that you can read about throughout the forums. I personally prefer the F1 because of the sound and being a "poser" I prefer to show more than go...but the N1 to me sounds meaner, like he means business. Just my 2 Yen. Either one is better than most of the stuff out there. Unless you have friends at DOME...
DJ

As far as muffler goes, all the hi flow ones (GT-One, Titec, Arc, GruppeM, etc) will work. Just don't use Comptech exhaust.

Why not? 450 flywheel hp is only 396rwhp using conservative 12% drivetrain loss.

Do a search on Hi-Boost CTSC.

Even people with Whipple gotten as high as 380, 389, 400+RWHP. The high boost on Whipple only make 7.5~8.5psi. Autorotor make similar boost without hi boost kit and 10~11 psi with high boost kit.

Hi boost CTSC NSX, over 50rwhp gain over low boost. 406rwhp=461bhp

Hi boost make exactly 3lb of boost more, 15rwhpx3=45rwhp, 50+rwhp gain with tunning is very reasonable.

Here you go, the amazing part is the gain through out the entire rpm range, not just gains in a few hundred rpm:
high-boost-ctsc.jpg

Last edited:
Back