• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mugen NSX RR concept

somebody can translate the concept?
http://www.mugen-power.com/concept/autosalon2009/index.html

The engine is longtitude. More infos on the psecs would also be nice. This one has huge tires on it! :eek: 335 in the rear

mkhd3k.jpg

1z6e2qt.jpg

fcnqyg.jpg

2hgu1wm.jpg

a1srwz.jpg

Nice! I just don't understand why they would mount the engine that way.

JGTC Style. Better balance, lower center gravity, and different.

Any specs on power??

more pics from the Tokio Autosalon. I wonder why the chassie has no side ducts? Sure, the engine is breathing via ITB perhaps thru the scoope, but for engine bay cooling?

mugennsxrr3.jpg

mugennsxrr1.jpg

mugennsxrr2.jpg

3182407827_ba5393b315_b.jpg

more pics from the Tokio Autosalon. I wonder why the chassie has no side ducts? Sure, the engine is breathing via ITB perhaps thru the scoope, but for engine bay cooling?

Beter aerodynamics, reduced drag. Probably gets all the air it needs via over the top scoop. It's also about flow. I bet you it has a duct from the engine bay going out in the back that brings cold air in, and sucks hot air out.

Looks like a very functional car.

Beter aerodynamics, reduced drag. Probably gets all the air it needs via over the top scoop. It's also about flow.
Looks like a very functional car.

That, or you know it could be that you have to actually go fast to need cooling ducts. It's really hard getting your brakes hot at inside a convention center, particularly since you aren't aloud to start your engine indoors.

It goes on to say it was Mugen’s way to celebrate the NSX upcoming birthday. Kind of makes you wonder if they adopt.

Judging by Spoon and Mugen activities, maybe they will continue to built the NSX for Honda under a different name. Since the new car is cancelled, why not cash in on existing left over parts from Honda.

r i c e

and i don't want to hear that it goes fast so that makes it ok :biggrin:

This is useless. 10 years too late to have any real significance. Not to mention, the mod is for cars made from 2002 - 2005. Not that many customers to pool from.

If I was a modification company, I would target Miata owners.

FAIL

Last edited:
This is useless. 10 years too late to have any real significance. Not to mention, the mod is for cars made from 2002 - 2005. Not that many customers to pool from.

If I was a modification company, I would target Miata owners.

FAIL

Exactly. Looks like another body kit. 10 years too late. Time for a new, GOOD design. HSC.

Or something. I'm just waiting for the next Honda Sports car. It's been a decade.

It really sucks that Honda came out with all the cool cars when I was broke. The second I start making some real money they say F you Johnny, we're not building anything for you.

Tell what you want but I like it. Remove the top scoop and it would look very very nice as a street car too. And it probably has strong engine to run those 335s...

Judging by Spoon and Mugen activities, maybe they will continue to built the NSX for Honda under a different name. Since the new car is cancelled, why not cash in on existing left over parts from Honda.

Hey Vance imagine the Mugen body on a Spoon NSX-R:biggrin:

JGTC Style. Better balance, lower center gravity, and different.

I can see it being different. But I don't see how the balance or the center of gravity would be effected? I also don't see how this would be more advantageous? But I wonder if we'll get any real specs on this. Maybe it's just a body kit and the motor is a non-functioning mock up.

It is pretty sick looking though...though I would have like to see an HSC looking bodykit if they are pretty much changing every body panel.

I can see it being different. But I don't see how the balance or the center of gravity would be effected? I also don't see how this would be more advantageous? But I wonder if we'll get any real specs on this. Maybe it's just a body kit and the motor is a non-functioning mock up.
Hopefully for a proper longitudinal sequential transaxle.

honda-nsx-mugen-rr-acura-concept-front.jpg

340x.jpg

Any specs on power??

380 horses..PistonHeads.com kirjoitti:
The Mugen NSX RR is officially a one-off show car to commemorate the long-lived supercar, and it features a combination of carbon fibre and aluminium body panels. The car has been stretched to 177.95 inches and widened by 5.5 inches and the 3.0-litre V6 has been ditched in favour of a supercharged 2.4-litre V6.

It is fitted with a revised six-speed manual gearbox and power is reportedly up to 380bhp. The bad news is that at present the car will not go into production although rumour has it that Mugen is considering acquiring some low mileage NSXs and converting them.

380 horses..PistonHeads.com kirjoitti:
The Mugen NSX RR is officially a one-off show car to commemorate the long-lived supercar, and it features a combination of carbon fibre and aluminium body panels. The car has been stretched to 177.95 inches and widened by 5.5 inches and the 3.0-litre V6 has been ditched in favour of a supercharged 2.4-litre V6.

It is fitted with a revised six-speed manual gearbox and power is reportedly up to 380bhp. The bad news is that at present the car will not go into production although rumour has it that Mugen is considering acquiring some low mileage NSXs and converting them.

This dosen't look like a 2.4
fcnqyg.jpg

C32B
a1srwz.jpg

ugly. downright ugly.

i am not a fan of the "let's add flares and fins ALL over the car and make it look, literally, like a fish out of water" approach.

Back