• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MUGEN pedals. Real vs Fake. Have a look

Moderators: I couldnt find an interior area so just posting here. If this is not the right place, please just move it. Thank you

OK, just a quick informational post for anyone looking to purchase MUGEN PEDALS. Yesterday I bought some authentic Mugen pedals from a fellow PRIME buddy who bought them from King.

4 years ago I bought some fake ones off ebay for $35-40 bucks for an older Honda that I never installed. I decided to put together a comparison for you guys

I have to quickly note that that quality are very similar. Mainly because the quality of the fakes are so good and the quality of the Mugen ones are less than OEM quality. The clutch and brake are close in quality outside of the logo design and the Mugen stamp on the back. The pedal is tough since I think the fakes are better machined and quality is nicer. You can see parts of the real one and the "fray" that was never sanded off or cleaned off.

I will use my fake ones in my 94 toyota pick up since they are nice, almost too nice $40 for my beater.... lol

Also, one last thing, the clips that go on the back of the gas pedal was a pain in the ass to install. Mainly because the clip didnt have much of a lip to screw on to the gas pedal itself. I had to literally use a penny on the bottom of the gas pedal to make the clip screw on to the pedal itself. smh Mugen.

Overall it worked out nice.

MP1.jpgMP2.jpgMP3.jpgMP3A.jpgMP3B.jpgMP4.jpgMP5.jpg

Last edited:
Great post.

A couple interesting notes from my observation. Real pedals used to use red backed tape, but it looks like Mugen switched when the fakes started using red tape.

The thing that threw me off initially was the poor machining quality of the gas pedal, I think my standard of machining quality has gone up a lot since I last touched Mugen pedals.

It's crazy to see how complete the fakes are as a kit, down to the hardware and allen keys.

..........but those fakes are probably made of lead/berylium/and cadmium.....:eek: thats how china is cleaning itself up....slowly selling off its toxic waste as mugen pedals......:wink:

fake mugen pedels gives you wings.....and hairy palms, a second thumb,and another set of baby teeth....:eek:

Looking at the third picture you can definitely tell the real mugen pedals are of higher quality. Looks like the fake are cast parts while the real ones look to be made out of a forging process.

Looking at the third picture you can definitely tell the real mugen pedals are of higher quality. Looks like the fake are cast parts while the real ones look to be made out of a forging process.

They probably both are cast whereas the Mugen ones are just polished and and finished.
Like how do you get the stamped out numbers and letters without casting?

If you look at the gas pedals in the fourth pic, the lines of holes aren't even in alignment and the finishing on it is very shoddy compared to the Mugen. The finish on the clutch and brake pedal doesn't look bad. But if you are just looking in the driver side window, you probably wouldn't notice the diffence until you get home and the hair starts growing on your palms, the second thumb starts protruding between your index and middle finger and all your adult teeth start popping out and and the baby teeth start growing in again, you have red cheeks, diaper rash and cry all night and the wings won't lift you cause your somewhat over weight. hmmm.....did I miss anything?

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

If you look at the gas pedals in the fourth pic, the lines of holes aren't even in alignment and the finishing on it is very shoddy compared to the Mugen. The finish on the clutch and brake pedal doesn't look bad. But if you are just looking in the driver side window, you probably wouldn't notice the diffence until you get home and the hair starts growing on your palms, the second thumb starts protruding between your index and middle finger and all your adult teeth start popping out and and the baby teeth start growing in again, you have red cheeks, diaper rash and cry all night and the wings won't lift you cause your somewhat over weight. hmmm.....did I miss anything?

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

hahahahaha I never thought about the inability of those wings to lift the larger folks....:biggrin:

This thread is splitting hairs over something that will be kissing the bottom of a sole...

+1.
$180 for the real ones, vs $35 for the fakes. They look like pretty good quality considering the real ones cost over 5x as much. Who actually looks at the back of the pedal after it's installed?? Plus you can't even see the pedals 99% of the time in the NSX, they're so far tucked in the footwell!
16633-acura-nsx-2012-acura-nsx-interior-1-jpg

+1 I'll probably get a set since they're so cheap. $23 on eBay lol

+1.
$180 for the real ones, vs $35 for the fakes. They look like pretty good quality considering the real ones cost over 5x as much. Who actually looks at the back of the pedal after it's installed?? Plus you can't even see the pedals 99% of the time in the NSX, they're so far tucked in the footwell!
16633-acura-nsx-2012-acura-nsx-interior-1-jpg

+1.

Perhaps I'm at a NSX Navy SEALS level with my engine build and power adders (and suspension and exhaust and..... blah blah blah) mods, but dam..... debating over a page about something that will probably come in contact with canine excrement at sometime in it's life is silly wabbit talk.

at this point, i would say the purchase of fake ones is probably better spent than the real ones.
the quality of the fake ones for $20-30 is well worth it IMO

mugen fake....blasphemy..........its mugen.........:biggrin:

at this point, i would say the purchase of fake ones is probably better spent than the real ones.
the quality of the fake ones for $20-30 is well worth it IMO
This sounds like reasonable advice. I for one am glad the OP started this topic as it resolved some of the "well, maybe the real ones are that much better" questions that would always pop up as your mouse hovers over the "BID" button on Ebay

Seriously, they're both fake pedals. Who cares if one is the real fake and the other is a fake fake?

+1 - Fake fake or just fake, take your pick. Either way, thanks to the OP for spending the time as it is nice to see side by side product shots.

Back