• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 9 frames of Glory

Saw it on Friday night. The ending was badass, and Vance's NSX looked elegant, definitely the best part by far in the entire movie. 10/10 for the ending. NSX fan more not, most people who saw the movie, probably enjoyed the ending scene the most.

The rest of movie was mostly muscle cars, terrible. I was very disappointed for not seeing more JDM cars and expecially absence of king of all kings R35 GTR, but I did saw a badass black R35 GTR in the parking lot after the movie, so freaking gorgeous. That made my Friday night perfect.

saw the midnight showing the other night, the ending was better than the whole movie. the nsx should've had more air time..

plus they didn't show the damage of vin throwing the guy onto bulletproof's s2000 haha, couldn't even tell it was a s2k!

i just saw it. car looks absolutely gorgeous man.

there was also another part it was in, its like a 2 second part. jordana brewster drives up to the house at night in it.

Super awesome. When I saw Vance's car at the end I was so happy! I'm proud that you were in the film!

Was that actually the Bel Canto exhaust note? :cool:

BTW, did the car have different side skirts than the NSX-R?

Thanks!
Ravi

l_551be74c011e4c8db30198e3123bf150.jpg

l_a861684c73d84ea587d41d98f5674774.jpg

l_8c568e02649c4e29857eaf888df04c37.jpg

l_f0c3d17fe9214db58e3e2c2a7d86e3af.jpg

l_fb01c53b4311457eb5b9418c587ea8ee.jpg

l_47585014eb65410c9f301c7f0fc463f5.jpg

l_c6e3434f0be44f44b849494956125a7b.jpg

l_b5b7e67ef2f34efea77717404e3d8248.jpg

l_02b93dd137934f9b89cd785dd1ca7720.jpg

The ending was the best due to the NSX. Made the whole sitting worth while.
Vance, how did you get your NSX to be in the film? Are you close with Justin Lin, the director, or did your NSX just happened to be chosen out of all the other cars?

Congrats again

Last edited:
Heres a clip...

Attachments

• ff4 nsx.jpg
    ff4 nsx.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 273
I got lucky. The studio is associated with many after market vender, through the word of mouth, I got the call. I owe a big thank to Erick on Prime for having a good relationship with all the venders he deals with, got the word out that my NSX fits the role. I'm also lucky to have many local NSXers hanging out at my shop.

They originally had a white NSX (can be seen as a back ground car in one of the scene), but the light reflection during the shoot prompt them to look for a black car. That is also the reason why they couldn't use the white NSX-R wheels. So another big thanks to Hac/OCtechgeek for lending the wheels.

I have to say, they were pertty cheap about paying, but regardless, it was fun experience and I like to see the NSX return during the opening sequence of the sequel.

I was telling the Fiance that I have talked to a guy on Prime who's NSX was in the movie she didn't believe me until I showed her this thread. Thats Awsome man.

Her butt sited @ your Recaros, don't ever wash them LOOLOLOLOOLOL

So Vance, tell us the truth ... did you smell your drivers seat? ... I would :redface:

:biggrin::biggrin:

OScar

Her butt sited @ your Recaros, don't ever wash them LOOLOLOLOOLOL

So Vance, tell us the truth ... did you smell your drivers seat? ... I would :redface:

:biggrin::biggrin:

OScar

i have no clue wtf I was thinking while i wrote that ... still T refuse to edit myself ... LOL

Vance, 9 frames in fast and furious 4! Congrats. It sounds like you are moving on up. Here is my question. With all this fame at your back, what's the next step? HIN National Cup? Tokyo Auto Salon? Sushi Drift?

<embed src="http://www.notibreve.com/flvplayer.swf" width="405" height="322" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="file=http://www.notibreve.com/stream/1895619.flv" wmode="transparent" /></EMBED>

Last edited:
Vance, 9 frames in fast and furious 4! Congrats. It sounds like you are moving on up. Here is my question. With all this fame at your back, what's the next step? HIN National Cup? Tokyo Auto Salon? Sushi Drift?

Go race at a Republican Rally?:biggrin:

Maybe I'll get a job offer as a US transportation department Super car division? (since Kumar recently became some kind of Asian Pacific good well ambASSador, or some thing like that).

Or just use my car as a daily driver and keep my S2k CR in the garage.

Last edited:
So they paid you to use your car? Did they leave you with a full tank when they gave it back? lol

That's what I was waiting for the whole movie too! You see a blue NSX at teh funeral and yours parked at the house in one shot as well.

There were obviously a few people who had seen the movie when I was leaving and they were transfixed because it looks almost identical to yours! Haha!

It has to be said they left the best car to the end! :wink:

Congrats!! I have not seen the movie yet but would like to. How did they select yours to be in it?

someone needs to throw up just the nsx section on youtube haha

Don't worry, think of it as... A preview to FF5.

FF5? Are you serious? They need to kill the series already:rolleyes: The only one i thought was good was FF3. FF1 was good for the begining of the series but the technical advisor sucked ass, forgot his name but he was the one who owned the Orange Supra.

Criag Lieberman?

FF3 was better 'cause they actually have people that know what's up back then. They just had to modify it a little for "Hollywood."

I won't even bother watching the new one.

FF5? Are you serious? They need to kill the series already:rolleyes: The only one i thought was good was FF3. FF1 was good for the begining of the series but the technical advisor sucked ass, forgot his name but he was the one who owned the Orange Supra.

Back