• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Audi ownership has been horrible

Hmmmm.

1. Get Audi - knowing that it's going to break down
2. take a gal out on a date on the long route
3. break down
4. on the side of the road where there is no cell service u get lucky with the girl - at least 3rd base with some mild effort and perhaps street pharma

Any questions?

Yes, I have one. Is the trunk large enough to hold the hooker's body once you are done? :wink:

I take your BMW M and raise you any Mercedes AMG. I drove the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG...that was absolutely insane. The traction control had trouble keeping the car straight and I started from a roll at about 30mph or so.

2 Audi sedans I would like to experience:

S6 and RS4, both with the V10 monsters.

Anyone has first hand experience with these 2 cars?

What you mean to say is V8 monsters. No V10s... YET!

A friend owns one and a few things that stood out to me. The interior is nice. It's plush in a sporty german way. The car is at least 500lbs too heavy. The engine doesn't feel as monstrous as you'd think (due to car's heft). A lighter CTSC NSX feels much more visceral but also feels much less refined. The NSX/S2000 have much better shifter feel. However, the brakes on the RS4 are absolutely amazing and the grip with AWD almost gave me a false sense of total control. Brain was saying too much speed on this turn.. car was saying.. give it more. FYI..The brakes have been my benchmark ever since.

Oh... most importantly.. will I ever pay the price for one? No. It's a lot of money and I don't value the things that make it expensive but the car is fantastic.

Last edited:
I would also like to note I have never gotten stranded in any of the 30+ audis I have owned / sold. These were all used higher to average mileage cars. I have been stranded 3 times in my NSX. Granted I have had the NSX for 7+ years do its expected. The Audis have required a few minor replacement parts like coils and upper controls arms. One TT I had with 100k need a clutch but that was one of the first cars I learned to drive standard on I was 16 so I essential the nicest to that car. My NSX needed a trans (snapring) clutch at 34k (not my fault) and left me on the side of the road after a header install melted O2 wires, and a throttle body issue. My ABS selanoid locked up yesterday go figure. But like the NSX I love the car regardless of its quirks. Haters and the uneducated will always have ther opinions and take them as facts. I can bet there are few if any that have more experience with any of the euro cars. Its what I buy and sell and have owned since I started driving. Wouldent own anything but. If you have your car servaced at the dealership. I don't care what car brand you buy, expect to pay an arm and a Leg for parts and servace. Once again I'm speeking from experience not 1980s stereotypes. Welcome to 2012 things change. It's not the 90s Honda ant top dog no more.

I saw one episode of the Best Motoring, and they were doing 1/4 mile comparison on 2002 NSX-R and RS4. NSX-R is faster than RS4 included 0 to 60.

I take your BMW M and raise you any Mercedes AMG. I drove the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG...that was absolutely insane. The traction control had trouble keeping the car straight and I started from a roll at about 30mph or so.

Haha I take it you haven't been in a BMW M6 V10 on top end? Yes the c63 is a monster also but the top end isn't what I expected. But seen one did 10s in a quarter mile. I was shocked!

Last edited:
I saw one episode of the Best Motoring, and they were doing 1/4 mile comparison on 2002 NSX-R and RS4. NSX-R is faster than RS4 included 0 to 60.

Yes I seen it, the NSX R also beat an M6 in a quarter mile. Just imagine if the NSX was at least 400hp stock.. it would be sick.. What's the power level of the NSX R anyway?

Last edited:
Japanese cars don't have the low end torque of German's. German cars feels much more sporty than Japanese cars - that's the most important difference to many people.

Lol. How can u make such a sweeping statement based just on the country of origin.

Same as a normal NSX.
12.7 1/4 out of 290hp is pretty amazing, no?
Most cars need almost double that power to pull the same number.

That is pretty amazing. I thought it was 320hp or something. But like I said 400hp would have been sick.. Maybe the new NSX with 400hp will prove what I want to see.

Haha I take it you haven't been in a BMW M6 V10 on top end? Yes the c63 is a monster also but the top end isn't what I expected. But seen one did 10s in a quarter mile. I was shocked!

I DD the C63, it is a blast, well put together, solid ride. now has 40k milles and is still rattle free. paddle-shift seven sppeed. With a mild tune this car will spin tires through third gear with tc off- that is about enough power for a street car..

I had two NEW Nsx's a '94 and a '98 very cool cars, top notch handling and quality.

I also had a 545i, decent power, but constantly required replacement parts- front hubs, endless brakes until I upgraded, transmission- "sealed for life" just google for that mess; developed a "shake" that could not be cured including new tires and wheels, upper and lower front control arms, electrical glitches, idrive:( enough said.
Dealer loaned me a M6 for a day, hoping to sell it to me, made all the right noises, but really wasn't that strong unless beaten, more fiddly knobs and settings than the space shuttle, in the end said "no thanks"

I DD the C63, it is a blast, well put together, solid ride. now has 40k milles and is still rattle free. paddle-shift seven sppeed. With a mild tune this car will spin tires through third gear with tc off- that is about enough power for a street car..

I had two NEW Nsx's a '94 and a '98 very cool cars, top notch handling and quality.

I also had a 545i, decent power, but constantly required replacement parts- front hubs, endless brakes until I upgraded, transmission- "sealed for life" just google for that mess; developed a "shake" that could not be cured including new tires and wheels, upper and lower front control arms, electrical glitches, idrive:( enough said.
Dealer loaned me a M6 for a day, hoping to sell it to me, made all the right noises, but really wasn't that strong unless beaten, more fiddly knobs and settings than the space shuttle, in the end said "no thanks"

i said the same thing about the M6. (space shuttle like)

anyone here owns an audi a5? im thinking about trading in the tsx for one. i love the style of that car.

A5 has one of the most beautiful lines in the market right now. Even the convertible looks real nice, just saw one with the top down the other day.

Price is not cheap though.

Same as a normal NSX.
12.7 1/4 out of 290hp is pretty amazing, no?

Remember, that is the very best time for the NSX-R. You or I couldn't expect to run that, it takes a pro driver in ideal conditions. For an average driver, an RS4 will be faster the majority of the time.

Back