• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My baby is on her way!

<o></o>My baby finally got picked up Thursday from Chicago... about 2 weeks after I closed the deal. It's supposed to get delivered tomorrow or Monday. I just can't wait!

I've been in love with the NSX ever since I drove my ex-boyfriend's car over 10 years ago. It was a '92 red/black. Of course, it just took me 10 years to finally get my dream car... but, hey, who's counting?!
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
I started actively looking 3 or so months ago (but I’ve been looking on and off since ’05 just waiting till I can afford one). I pretty much camped out here on Prime, ebay, autotrader, cars.com, etc. during this time. Originally, I was going for a 2002+ Silverstone Metallic or Black but then ended up getting a ’05 LBBP. It has about 23k miles and has a history on carfax. Thanks to this previous thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97364&highlight=jh4na216x5s000096, I learned that the car was in a small accident while in the valet parking, a valet guy driving a Hummer backed into it. It damaged the front bumper and left the hood with a couple of scratches. The car was being sold by Roto Lincoln Mercury Subaru Mazda and the car was owned by the dealer’s owner. Owner was asking 68k but I got him down to 58k.
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><o></o>
I checked carfax and autocheck for other issues but found none. Got a copy of the police report of the incident from the owner. I flew to Chicago (with an open mind) to check out the car. I just wanted to see where it was gonna go and if I get comfortable enough, I could potentially buy the car. The dealer picked me up at the hotel and when we got to the dealer, I inspected the car for about 30 minutes or so (in the cold) with my cheat sheet that I found on the Wiki section. Then, I drove it to Arlington Acura in Palatine to get a PPI done by their only “NSX certified” mechanic. Everything checked out all right. When I got back to the dealer, I still wasn’t sure if I was gonna get it so I asked the owner if I could see the old hood if he still had it (thanks to Prunhke for this idea). Luckily, he had it stored somewhere in his shop (photo below). With everything checking out and the vehicle not having any major issues, I decided to get the car (and the old hood). I love the color and it drove way better than I remember. Overall, I’m happy… if only it can get here any sooner!

Thanks to Prime for all the help!

Christine

<!--EndFragment-->

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 545
  • hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 484
Congrats! Now post a picture of you and the car when you get it. :smile:

Congratulations Christine. This LBBP color is starting to grow on me. You and Kyras are now officially related.....same year same color!! The waiting can be a killer, ahh but when it arrives. Along with posting some pictures, how about one of you showing that hugh grin as it rolls off the truck!! Enjoy many years of ownership.

I absolutely love the LBBP color!

Congratulations Christine. This LBBP color is starting to grow on me. You and Kyras are now officially related.....same year same color!! The waiting can be a killer, ahh but when it arrives. Along with posting some pictures, how about one of you showing that hugh grin as it rolls off the truck!! Enjoy many years of ownership.

Christine welcome... I'm not sure of your age but iether way you follow in the footsteps of another Fl. young woman owner Miami mermaid.She enthralled a few primers,but sadly has fallen off the prime map. Good luck with the car.You have a very strong nsx owners group in Fl. Check out the nsxca Fl. chapter..

Hey Christine,

Congrats on the purchase - great color and a last year production. Hey, who did you use for your transport company? Please post results because many here on Prime will look to this info when it comes time for them to buy & ship.

Thanks!

WOW, congrats on the purchase and very nice find. All of us are excited to have more female NSX owners here:biggrin:

<o></o>My baby finally got picked up Thursday from Chicago... about 2 weeks after I closed the deal. It's supposed to get delivered tomorrow or Monday. I just can't wait!

Christine

Hey, Christine, I wonder if we used the same shipper. The back of that transport sure looks familiar. You didn't go with Alpine Transport did you? I had Terry Price as the driver. Great guy, great company.

Hey, Christine, I wonder if we used the same shipper. The back of that transport sure looks familiar. You didn't go with Alpine Transport did you? I had Terry Price as the driver. Great guy, great company.

IMG_1755LoadingNSX.jpg

^My sister to your car. March 14, 2009. At the rear of McGrath Acura of Westmont, Illinois.

Congrats and Cheers Christine! An absolutely beautiful car. Recently acquired an NSX, and can't believe how much I love this ride. Out of all of the cars in my life this is without a doubt the most exciting and best vehicle I've ever owned. And, if the stars align in the future, my 2nd one will be like yours! :biggrin: Enjoy! Jay

Hey Kyra,

I actually did use Alpine Transport and the driver is also Terry. I called quite a few different transport companies with good reviews on http://transportreviews.com/ but I thought Mike was really nice and straight forward so I went ahead with them.

Anyway, Terry called me this afternoon and said he'll get here tomorrow A.M! Yay! I just hope it won't rain!

Hey Christine,

Congrats on the purchase - great color and a last year production. Hey, who did you use for your transport company? Please post results because many here on Prime will look to this info when it comes time for them to buy & ship.

Thanks!

Like I said above, I used Alpine Transport, Inc. (http://alpinetransportinc.com/). Mike, the owner (I think), was very nice and communication was great. My cost for a covered transport (car + old hood) from Arlington Heights, IL to Space Coast FL is $1000.

I'll post an update on how it goes tomorrow.

What a small world... I think I remember this car. See this thread, a few of us looked into it a couple of years ago. Same car?

Looks like the same car. I didn't quite have a bad experience with the dealer though compared to what's described on that thread. I dealt with Joe, the Sales Manager, and Mike, the owner, seems to be a straight forward guy. My experience with them, overall, is pretty good. The only thing I didn't like is that they waited so long to send the temp tag to me. Now, I'm not gonna have it on time and will have to drive the car with a tag from my other car when I pick it up. Hopefully, I won't get pull-over!

Congrats and Cheers Christine! An absolutely beautiful car. Recently acquired an NSX, and can't believe how much I love this ride. Out of all of the cars in my life this is without a doubt the most exciting and best vehicle I've ever owned. And, if the stars align in the future, my 2nd one will be like yours! :biggrin: Enjoy! Jay

Thanks! I'm soooo excited! I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight! :biggrin: I can't wait to drive it!

Although, there are just some people who are trying to spoil my fun. My bf's friends were talking sh*t and just giving me a hard time. "Why the NSX?"... "It's so slow!"... "I'm gonna get my 2010 G37 next week and I'll race you!" Ugh! It just annoys me! But I will not let them spoil this moment for me... I have waited 10 years for this!

Get ready to start spending $ to mod it:tongue:

Ahhh... mods! I'm planning of not doing too much... just some :wink: I actually ordered the white LEDs from s4play today. I can't wait to install it on!

BTW, thanks for welcoming and congratulating me!

Back