• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My car is now listed at the auctions

Hello prime,
For anyone who is following my car at the auction, I have records here of the motor alone totaling almost 30k all done less than 500 miles ago. If anyone here buys it, I will gladly forward you the info on it. https://www.copart.com/lot/55195618

I gotta ask: what did the insurance offer as a buy back? That car looks awesome.
I didn’t bother to ask. If I cannot buy new parts for it without selling my kidney, I really don’t want it anymore...

The damage looks relatively minor. Is it just the rear passenger side. Maybe a little at the front bumper?

Seems like someone maybe getting a gem of a motor too.

The damage looks relatively minor. Is it just the rear passenger side. Maybe a little at the front bumper?

Seems like someone maybe getting a gem of a motor too.
The rear panel where the passenger tail light mounts is buckled, the top bumper is cracked, and the front pass fender is dented. Rear wheel made impact too with slight suspension damage. If the parts were available from Honda to replace, it wouldn't have been totaled. A big fuck you Honda!:confused:

The rear panel where the passenger tail light mounts is buckled, the top bumper is cracked, and the front pass fender is dented. Rear wheel made impact too with slight suspension damage. If the parts were available from Honda to replace, it wouldn't have been totaled. A big fuck you Honda!:confused:

Driver side window is no longer available - break that and the NSX is totalled.....

Driver side window is no longer available - break that and the NSX is totalled.....
Yeah pretty much.Unless you opt for used parts and used aluminum body panels? NO THANKS! That Tsunami really screwed the Nsx owner a few years ago. Parts are either gone or made in China now...

I didn't realize that the Tsunami had anything to do with diminished NSX parts. Always thought that it had something more to do with 10 years being the max time that a manufacturer was "obligated" to make parts for the NSX.
It destroyed all the stock and most of all the molds that make all the parts. It also crippled the car market for Japan and let Kia and Hyundai really grab ahold of the market.

Well I think Kia/Hyundai market growth is also organic:

1. best warranty
2. Kia snagged the head of M-division from BMW, hence the Stinger
3. Both cars are very reliable. All of my friends with either brands have been VERY happy with how solid they are.
I have the Equus ultimate and the build quality is seriously lacking. But I do love the big 5 liter V8. Going back to German brands next when the lease is up in July.

Wouldn't mind getting it but I'm sure it will go for a lot still.
How much did insurance pay out?

Wouldn't mind getting it but I'm sure it will go for a lot still.
How much did insurance pay out?
Multiply the auction price multiple times and you're close.

And no I am not looking to buy a late model Nsx unless someone holds a gun to my head.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Auction price up to 25,500 now. It's amazing what people pay for this car... I loved it, but it gets destroyed by modern day sports cars. Unless you drop 30k into the motor. :biggrin: But then it gets very squirrelly.

Aspected over $25k, that's why I recommended buy it back and sell it yourself. I know you are not a big fan of the car anymore but it would of brought you more money for your boat or next project lol.

Aspected over $25k, that's why I recommended buy it back and sell it yourself. I know you are not a big fan of the car anymore but it would of brought you more money for your boat or next project lol.

The reason being, is I asked the body shop for a price to fix it and repaint it. The cost was enormous. So, I stepped back. Perfect for someone with body shop skills to do at home in their garage.:wink:

Up to 27K now. I hope the bidders know what they’re getting into... A high hp Nsx is a (hp) high problem...

Up to 29,750 the past day. I wonder if anyone here is bidding on it?

Out of curiosity how much was the buy back option? Not what they paid you for the car.
I didn’t even ask. I didn’t want to store it, try to find a buyer, haggle, bullshit, etc.

Congrats [MENTION=35440]bacura33[/MENTION] on your new toy. My old Nsx. I hope you get to enjoy it and drive it more than I did. Excellent California car and a terrible Florida car.:wink:

He got an amazing deal it seems, congrats!

Back