• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My M3

Well since I got my NSX ,I thought I would be a nice guy and give my step-son( by the way is 26 )My 95 M3.Well the car lasted a whole 3 days .He piled it up.I think they are going to total it.Needless to say I am a little upset.And he also took my car out for a drive while I was at work last week.That wont happen again.

Last edited:
Kleid.JPG

...i think u get the point:wink:

harsh comments in here.

26 years old apparently is not mature enough to be behind a wheel of such a fine vehicle. You gave it to him for free and that was a big mistake.

I'm sure you will come up with an appropriate punishment. But then again, he can argue that the car is 'his' and he can do as he pleases.

Either way, I don't envy your situation.

Joel said:
harsh comments in here.

26 years old apparently is not mature enough to be behind a wheel of such a fine vehicle. You gave it to him for free and that was a big mistake.

I'm sure you will come up with an appropriate punishment. But then again, he can argue that the car is 'his' and he can do as he pleases.

Either way, I don't envy your situation.

I disagree entirely. I'm 23 and have been driving performance cars for 6 years with no at-fault accidents. Don't generalize based on age, it merely makes you look ignorant.

It's a fact that most people from 18-25 trash more cars then people over 25. Look it up. Also I had a NSX when I was 22 and I did some dumb stuff in it that I will not do now when I am 30.

nchopp said:
I disagree entirely. I'm 23 and have been driving performance cars for 6 years with no at-fault accidents. Don't generalize based on age, it merely makes you look ignorant.

FWIW I am 21, and have owned several sportscars, including some faster than my current NSX - I have never been in an accident, I never feel compelled to show off, and in my time driving I have received only 1 traffic ticket - it's not age that is the deciding factor, it's attitude.

Sorry to hear about your M3, clean 1995's are becoming impossible to find, although they're still a great bargain for performance (if you have the paitiance to look 6 months for a good one)

Obviously there are exceptions to the rule. However hard stats don't lie.

On the flip side, 26 should be plenty old enough to know how to drive a car.

At least everyone is ok.

Well, I'm currently 22 and have gone thru '92 Accord EX-R, '96 Chrysler Concorde, '90 Olds Cutlass, '02 Acura RSX, '88 Toyota MR2 Supercharged, and finally my '91 NSX. I loved the nsx since high school and since the day I got it (when I was 21), I had never done anything dumb with it. It's what I wanted and was not easy to get. :biggrin:

I don't think age has anything to do with it. You really need know what kind of person he is. Statistics are good if you are dealing with complete strangers but if it is someone you know dearly then you really need to asses it on what you know. If your step son had a history of being careless and irresponsible then it's your fault for giving him the car and you should have known better. But if your step son had a history of being responsible and respectful and then it might have been a case of bad luck (everyone makes mistakes). In either case, punishment should be issued accordingly. In the worst case, at least you (and hopefully your step son) learned something and you (and again hopefully your step son) will know better next time.

If it was his fault then do not give him anymore cars. You should have made him pay you monthly for that car. We do not know the situation of what happened but it sounds like he tried to play speedracer and ended up thrashing it. Lessoned learned now its time to move on.......if he thrashes your nsx then its time to kick him out of the house.

By the way I would be REALLY PISSED! if i found out he was taking out the nsx after wrecking the M3. Tisk Tisk you should know better then to leave the keys out for that car. Sounds like he needs one of these..... step-son or not

Last edited:
It's true that being under 25 doesn't make you a bad driver, or being over 25 makes you a good driver...

It is based on attitude an skill.

However, a majority of under 25 yr old males have less respect for things in general (especially when they did not earn them) and have less experience behind the wheel.

So, While there are exceptions to the rule (as every young person claims they are), there is a higher risk of injury. Stats don't lie.

All I know is, you young guys who have had 5+ cars and now have an NSX, you better respect the hell out of that car. I've had one car ever, $3500, (I'm 22) and won't have an NSX for a very long time ($90K+ in student loans). I don't know how you manage to buy sportscars, but however you are blessed (you have to be to buy one so young), you better respect the hell out of it. I'd kill for an NSX.

Well it was his fault. He was trying to take a corner by or house a little to fast.I must say I have looped cars on the same corner.but never wrecked.He works abroad and is home for acouple3 weeks.He really doesnt get to drive much anymore.But we all know we all think we are the best drivers in the world.I have learned many a hard leason in my day.I wrecked a 72 pantera trying to take a corner to fast.I wouldnt be so mad if it would have been more than three days though.aleast four.

Let's be a little more compasionate here folks. It's not like the guy wrecked an Enzo. Furthermore, he's 26 yrs old and was probably all excited that he was just handed down an 11yr old BMW. Yes the 1995 M3 is a nice car, but that's all it is. I don't think SENNAF1 is going to be giving his step son any more cars in the future, and hopefully the insurance will pay out on it. For now he'll have to eat some crow and be without a nice car until he can afford one on his own.

As for him taking the NSX out, that can't be tolerated. He should be hogtied, painted with tar, feathered, and thrown out of a car infront of a XXX nudie shop. :biggrin:

Sorry to hear about the loss. 3 days... that's a shame. Unfortunately sh*t happens. I wrecked my dad's rx7 when I was 18. Telling him what happened was probably the worst thing I've ever experianced. If the kid is truely sorry for what he did and realized his mistake then I would probably forgive him at some point... but make him cut the lawn and wash the bbq weekly for you for 6 months anyway. :p A 26 year old should probably be a little more mature, but look at all those Enzo owners that have totalled their cars.... it can happen to anyone.

Sorry to hear about your loss, it's always hard to see something you cherish go to waste. I would definitely hide the keys for sure so that way he doesnt drive the NSX!!

nchopp said:

Apparently I didn't make myself clear. The last post I made was directed to his step son, whom at 26, was obviously not mature enough to handle that kind of car. I was 27 when I acquired my NSX.

Clear misunderstanding.

scorp965 said:
"Statistician: A man who believes figures don't lie, but admits that under analysis some of them won't stand up either."

- Evan Esar

Ok, I'm sorry...you're right. Most 21 year olds are fully capable of handling high power cars. Silly me.

:wink:

26 in my book is old enough...hell, 18 is old enough if you're mature. However, as I stated above, MOST people under 25 are not mature enough, just as you'll find 21 year olds who are mature and you'll find 40 year olds who aren't.
Oh wait, I didn't say all that...but I think I made myself pretty clear. So, I'll go back to my statistics.
:smile:

to the Original Poster - you need to change your signature now. :D

Just messin.

I am sure at 26 i would have driven like a tard if I had a car that would go fast. I think taking any kid to the track sure would help. I plan to take my kids so they learn....

Back