• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My *New* Factor X FX-400 test drive

01blacks4 said:
not quite ready yet :)

soon though, i would live to bring it up...prolly once its nice and hot so i can make ALL THE POHWAWR.... :cool:

too bad i would love to see one in action...

marc

Ahh yes, the summer is our favorite time of the year. It is really where our set-up and tuning shine:wink: If you want to see it in action Best Motoring just released American Touge 2. Kip’s Comptech NSX is also there defending his crown.

waymilky said:
Have the cruise control and traction control issues been worked out for the OBDII cars?

Mikey said the cruise control and traction control are now working. He just tuned a custom OBD2 CTSC with the HKS F-Con V-pro.

Factor X Motorsports said:
Most importantly please include the story behind the T-shirt???

I can't or Mikey will let loose on my custom drivers floorboard warning system.(the t-shirt girl did have most of her teeth though):tongue:

Last edited:
Good news, Bad news.

The bad news is there no longer is an NSX in my garage. :frown: I feel so naked without it. It's the weirdest feeling driving up to your garage and looking at the empty space where your NSX used to be. :frown:

The good news is I just dropped it off to Mikey to get Factor X-ified. FX 400 to be exact. Same time next week I should be putting out about 420 horses from my Bridgestone Potenza S03's on to the hot Vegas pavement. :biggrin:

I can't wait. It's like the longest week of my life!! :tongue:

Sounds like the beginning of an episode of 24.

"Hi. My name is Jack Bauer. My NSX is at Factor X getting a turbo. There is an empty space in my garage. This week... is the longest week of my life." :biggrin:

Vega$ NSX said:
Good news, Bad news.

The bad news is there no longer is an NSX in my garage. :frown: I feel so naked without it. It's the weirdest feeling driving up to your garage and looking at the empty space where your NSX used to be. :frown:

The good news is I just dropped it off to Mikey to get Factor X-ified. FX 400 to be exact. Same time next week I should be putting out about 420 horses from my Bridgestone Potenza S03's on to the hot Vegas pavement. :biggrin:

Vega$, C O N G R A T S !!!! :smile:

You are One Lucky Duck *~*~ this just soundz amazing!!
Have Fun, Be safe, and Keep us updated.
I believe your patience will be well worth the final project.

<-- {drooling} maybe one day ... :rolleyes:

Geesh, I'm jealous!!!!.... :wink: :biggrin: :tongue: Enjoy!!*

Vega$ NSX said:

Hey neighbor ........ If you need a temporary fix this week, you can walk over to take my car for a spin. You know I'm right around the corner. But a week later, you need to return me the favor with the same ....... but mine will be away for three weeks .......... Fair?

Luck you ........ :smile:

Best Regards
Paul

So... Is this system coming out as a DIY kit, or is this a "must be installed by Factor X Motorsports in Las Vegas/ USA only"?

So for the NA NSX I also ran a 142mph on the hill and nice to know the fx500 hits 182!!! Just curious how is that compared to a c6 or z06? What to they hit on the hill?

My $.02

I had a visit with Mikey as well. All around nice guy with a bad pension for getting caught with strippers. :tongue: He was nice enough to hang out with me and take me for a ride in his Fisher Price model NSX. The only thing I have to report is that I am currently looking into how long it will take me to save up my pennies and dimes to get this bad boy into my engine bay. Smooooooooooooooooooth power delivery was the word. Very impressive.

Darkcyd said:
Sounds like the beginning of an episode of 24.

"Hi. My name is Jack Bauer. My NSX is at Factor X getting a turbo. There is an empty space in my garage. This week... is the longest week of my life." :biggrin:

I don't even watch 24 but I've seen enough advertisment clips and parodies that this cracks me up. :biggrin:

MiamiMermaid said:

Vega$, C O N G R A T S !!!! :smile:

You are One Lucky Duck *~*~ this just soundz amazing!!
Have Fun, Be safe, and Keep us updated.
I believe your patience will be well worth the final project.

<-- {drooling} maybe one day ... :rolleyes:

Geesh, I'm jealous!!!!.... :wink: :biggrin: :tongue: Enjoy!!*

Heh thanks! I've been saving up for nearly 2 years since really getting to know Factor X for this system. I'll keep you posted on the entire process and my driving experience. My FD friend will be in town so I'll try to get him to take some pictures and clips to share.

And you know, if you ever want to drive one of these beasts, I think Mikey is still keeping that seat warm for you in any of the Factor X mobiles if you ever make it out to Vegas. I told him that he doesn't need to advertise his kit, just let people test drive and he'll have a buyer right there. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Esprit1 said:
Hey neighbor ........ If you need a temporary fix this week, you can walk over to take my car for a spin. You know I'm right around the corner. But a week later, you need to return me the favor with the same ....... but mine will be away for three weeks .......... Fair?

Luck you ........ :smile:

Best Regards
Paul

Will you let me choose between the widebody NSX, Esprit and the Pantera!?!? :wink: :tongue: Wow talk about generous! :biggrin:

|Adeel said:
So... Is this system coming out as a DIY kit, or is this a "must be installed by Factor X Motorsports in Las Vegas/ USA only"?

I pretty sure it is a "installed by Factor X" only setup. It's too unique to be a DIY and I think the best part of the kit is the tuning and knowledge Factor X puts into the system. If I were to get a Basch, I probably would want Mark Basch to do the install. If I went with SOS's N/A Tune, I would have taken it to SOS. And if I were to get a Comptech SC, I'd probably take it Comptech. You get the idea. I'm just so blessed (and lucky) that all those guys are all pretty close to me.

afterburners said:
So for the NA NSX I also ran a 142mph on the hill and nice to know the fx500 hits 182!!! Just curious how is that compared to a c6 or z06? What to they hit on the hill?

Not sure, but the one time the FX 400, at high boost, did run with a Z06 and a modified C5 as a trailing car, they had to hit the breaks to keep from rear ending the Z06. :biggrin:

Vega$ NSX said:
Good news, Bad news.

Congrats on your turbo kit. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Vega$ NSX said:
Not sure, but the one time the FX 400, at high boost, did run with a Z06 and a modified C5 as a trailing car, they had to hit the breaks to keep from rear ending the Z06. :biggrin:

What is considered High Boost on a FX400 setup? What RWHP is that? and is that safe for stock internals on a 3.0 or 3.2?

Vega$ NSX said:
Heh thanks! I've been saving up for nearly 2 years since really getting to know Factor X for this system. I'll keep you posted on the entire process and my driving experience. My FD friend will be in town so I'll try to get him to take some pictures and clips to share.

And you know, if you ever want to drive want of these beasts, I think Mikey is still keeping that seat warm for you in any of the Factor X mobiles if you ever make it out to Vegas. I told him that he doesn't need to advertise his kit, just let people test drive and he'll have a buyer right there. :biggrin:
I'm actually planning on taking a trip out there mid-June and then to L.A. So, hope that offer will still be standing :biggrin:

Ok here's the latest update in my FX400 saga. The bad news is that it's not ready yet (we are about a week behind schedule). :frown: Everything is looking really good though and for the most part the entire system is installed. They are just putting some final touches on it before we do some tuning and dyno pulls. The really cool thing is with all the piping coated in flat black, you can barely see any of the turbo at all. If it wasn't on a lift, you'd be hard pressed to see any indication of a turbo system.

Now the good news. The reason for the delay was that the Facor X shop was "shut down" for a two day photo shoot. Two local NSX's were the feature of a photo shoot for the next issue of Turbo Magazine!! :eek: The blue widebody (Espirt1) will be a feature, while the other silver NSX, with FX 500 will be on the cover! But here's the best part, my very own NSX will be in the background of the shot!!! :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin: :eek: *Vega$ NSX does his happy dance* My car will be on a lift in the backgroud getting its FX 400 installed. I'll keep everyone posted as I find out more and I'll be sure to post lots of pics once it comes out.

On an aside, in talking to the photographer, he was saying that he's gotten more NSX shoots in the last few months and upcoming then when the car first came out. We speculated that it's because it's in a more affordable range it's gaining a lot of popularity. The NSX is not dead yet! It's just getting warmed up! :biggrin:

Vega$ NSX said:
I pretty sure it is a "installed by Factor X" only setup. It's too unique to be a DIY and I think the best part of the kit is the tuning and knowledge Factor X puts into the system.

:(

|Adeel said:

Don't be sad, just send a set of headers and a kit can be made:) Or if you have patience wait about a month and buy the FX500 turbo system that is on our Touge NSX. It will be up for sale soon.

Factor X Motorsports said:
You forgot to mention about the 1,500hp Viper and the 500hp Focus that are being shot today:biggrin: We just wanted to show some diversity:)

Not "forgot". More like "conveniently not mentioned.” We got no love for the American muscle. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Too bad the camera can't take sound clips cuz that Vipppper sounds sooooo meeeeeaaaaannnnnn!!!!

Back