• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new Type R!

Hi,
Ponyboy, that car was an Acura that I bought when living in CA and shipped back to Japan, drove it for 7 years in Japan, an awesome machine! miss it a lot specially the power and scream from the SC!

If you need another pic. ;)

Attachments

• 2010-11-18 07.18.20.jpg
    2010-11-18 07.18.20.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 554
Out of curiosity - now that you own a type-R, what are some of the differences you are noticing? What specific changes have been made? I'd love to hear some first hand info from an actual type-R owner if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Congrats! It looks great, have fun driving it around the street and track. I've not herd of a Honda refresh, I'm guessing for 60k it comes with new everything as far as rubber bit on the car and engine and tranny rebuild?

Hi All, here are some more pictures!

Some people have asked on the difference with this car - I guess for me it just feels much more direct and sure footed and of course excellent seats holding you very tight and a nice short gear change - and the noise with the thin window between driver and engine. I also feel like the engine pulls quicker through the revs on the Rs

DSC04078_R.jpg

DSC04088_R.jpg

DSC04074_R.jpg

DSC04094_R.jpg

DSC04129_R.jpg

DSC04132_R.jpg

DSC04103_R.jpg

DSC04090_R.jpg

Congratulations!!!! you are a very lucky person to own one of these beauties. I wish you luck and happiness driving.

Congrats! It looks great, have fun driving it around the street and track. I've not herd of a Honda refresh, I'm guessing for 60k it comes with new everything as far as rubber bit on the car and engine and tranny rebuild?

The Honda Refresh Plan is not just one thing but one can choose from a variety of options.

http://www.honda.co.jp/NSX/refresh-plan/menu/index.html
Looks to be more than $60k for everything. Didn't know it'd be so expensive!!!

What a dream! Congratulations. That could very well be the car Senna test drove. I mean who knows right? That is really spectacular. The R would pull harder because the gears are shorter and it's lighter. More time was also spent (just that extra little bit) on balancing the engine. When I emailed back and forth with Shigeru that was one of the questions I asked him. The suspension also improves the turn in like no tomorrow over a stock NSX. You are living the dream. Congrats again!!

Hi All, here are some more pictures!

Some people have asked on the difference with this car - I guess for me it just feels much more direct and sure footed and of course excellent seats holding you very tight and a nice short gear change - and the noise with the thin window between driver and engine. I also feel like the engine pulls quicker through the revs on the Rs

Back