• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX alongside my new Lambo

I'd love to see how reliable they end up being... I'd love to have one, but it would be a long time, sort of how people are buying 92NSX's now.

(crosses fingers for a reliable car)

Shumdit said:
I know we have heard a few vs. comparos, but I would like your feedback on the differences after you put a few miles on her.

Obviously I haven't put a ton of miles on the Gallardo yet, but here are some thoughts after spending a reasonable amount of time behind the wheel thus far.

1) Comfort:
* The NSX is much more comfortable to sit in, I say that with a bit of a disclaimer in that I am not a short guy, and at 6'5" the Gallardo seats just don't have the luxury comfort that the NSX has. That being said, the Gallardo seats are very rigid, as is the entire car which one would expect from such a car.

2) Power:
* Clearly the NSX is going to feel underpowered compared to the Gallardo, however the difference isn't such that you feel the NSX is extremely weak either. One thing about the Gallardo that I still can't get over is how going 90 feels like going 50, I have not experienced this in any other car before in the same way that I do with the Gallardo. This will surely get me a few tickets before I get this down...heh.

3) Length and Girth:
* The NSX feels like a small car, in many ways that's a big plus. The Gallardo is very deceptive in this area, on one hand there is so little car in front of you that you really feel like you are in a video game watching the street fly by (I used to think the NSX gave this feeling more than most, but the Gallardo really puts your eyes and the road very close together :) ). It's everything behind you in the Gallardo that is tricky to get used to (so far). I just haven't gotten a great sense about the width of the car and the size of the car behind you and as small as everything feels looking forward it feels equally massive behind you. The balance of the NSX really minimizes this effect, but it is very pronounced in the Gallardo.

4) Driving:
* I have always (and will always) love the NSX transmission and the feeling of driving it. Having said that, the quickness and power with which the eGear system engages shifts is remarkable. When you really get on it and start blasting through the gears the "SNAP / BANG" you get (in a good way) of a split second shift and sudden burst of power is exhillirating. The downshifts are phenomenal as well. Having the pure automatic mode in the eGear is also nice for just cruising through slow speed or high traffic zones as the Gallardo is not happy idling around at 10MPH in 1st gear and will put up the occasional fit if you try it :D

Other little things that I immediately noticed are things like the awesome storage space the NSX has, I am not kidding that storing a jacket in the Gallardo "trunk" could be a challenge. After driving the Gallardo for awhile and then getting in the NSX, the width of the Lamborghini is very apparent, the NSX feels so much smaller to me now than it ever has.

I frequently think while driving the Gallardo that this is what a current NSX *could have been*, there are some very similar things between the two cars that make the Gallardo feel like it could be a next generation NSX, they are hard to quantify but after driving my NSX a lot over the past 6 years I feel nicely at home in the Gallardo as if it really is a big brother to the NSX.

I have thought about selling my NSX of late and I just can't bring myself to do it, the NSX is special and even with a Lamborghini sitting right beside it in the garage, I know there are many times where I will choose the NSX when I head out for a drive.

jonathan

TES said:
Ah, it looks like you picked up that gorgeous '04 at Gran Prix Imports. That thing is sweet! I drive by that place every day -- they continue to rotate through some very nice rides. Hopefully Matt gave you a deal!

That is indeed the car :D I am happy with the deal that I got, that place is as close to Disneyland as it comes for me. It's remarkable the quality of cars they get in there and the frequency at which they move them. That black Spyker is just unreal, I hope someone local ends up buying it.

js

Congratulations Jonathan!
Your silver cars and your home are spectacular.

Take Care,
J.

I'm considering purchasing a Gallardo, but I really don't want to get rid of my NSX. Let us know how much you end up driving the NSX over the next few months.

I have neither...but I can still dream, right??!! :biggrin:

It's good to be you...and you...and you..and you...well...you guys get the point :D

Thanks for sharing...now I got a new wallpaper :D

sick!!! I always thought the G-car looked like the future NSX, and that picture really makes it's point....Must be the color....nice choice on both BTW:tongue: congrats!!!!

I want one:cool:

Zenky said:
I definetely picked a wrong career in life. :(

Both cars looks gorgeous :) Mind if I ask what you do for a living?

He is President/CEO of Iriver USA according to his Myspace.

Nice whips!

Well done Jonathan, I'm glad to see you are enjoying your success. You have stunning taste in cars.

btw, any chances of a close up photo of a rim? I figure the iRiver MP3 player i bought from you paid for one of the wheel nuts, so i'd like to see my "share" of your car. :tongue: :biggrin:

Niko_Fx said:
We need more pictures!!

Shumdit said:
Nose to nose side shot.

Ok, here are a couple more pics with the two cars together...(and one alone of the Gallardo...and one for Neo ;) )

nsx_vs-lambo2.jpg

nsx_vs-lambo1.jpg

gallardo-sm.jpg

And Neo, thank you so much for you support, not only of iriver but of this forum, in honor of that I dedicate this part of the new car to you: :D

Lambo-Logo.jpg

Your silver NSX looks awesome. It really doesn't even look dated to me. Congrats on such awesome cars!

Forget about the cars- I want to see more pics of the playboy hotties.:biggrin: :biggrin:

sweet collection, enjoy it in good health.

to me our beloved looks dated, even with the body kit updates. The G car just looks alot more aggressive, wider, just the stance like a bully that will mow over the NSX.

I still love mine, but I think were pretty much beat on this look comparison.

rickysals said:
I'd love to see how reliable they end up being... I'd love to have one, but it would be a long time, sort of how people are buying 92NSX's now.

(crosses fingers for a reliable car)

Ditto

NSXCELERATE said:
Honda slept too long. Gallardo is the replacement for the nsx.....
Just because it’s aluminum and 4 wheel drive and has a sequential transmission and a 500 hp 5 liter mid engine V10 with a dry sump and it’s somewhat affordable and looks fantastic and laps well and seems like the maintenance costs might not be too crazy, doesn’t mean I want one.

Regards,

Patrick

Back