• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX alongside my new Lambo

It’s now pretty obvious that Honda is not very serious about competing in the super car segment.
Whatever happens at this point, they have already dropped the ball.
You go into the Acura dealership and say “Thanks for supplying my 2004 NSX it’s been great. I want to trade it in for a brand new car please” And they say “How about a nice new RSX, no? Oh well come back and see us in 3 to 4 years and we might have something for you.” Can you imagine the same scenario at a Porsche dealership or Ferrari or Corvette etc? No you can’t. They would say “Yes Sir! Right this way, let’s take our 2007 model for a test drive”

Regards,

Patrick

The NSX is special and very rare. They churn out more Vettes in a month than the total number of NSXs in existance.

The new one will be just as special. If you're mad at yourself go buy a P, F or C car. If you're special you'll wait because all good things are worth waiting for.

I still get a kick that I can drive a 13 year old car with almost 170,000 miles on it and most people thinnk it's brand new and have never even seen one. By 170,000 miles most other cars have long since been recycled into ashtrays, doorstops and butt plugs.

Hugh said:
The NSX is special and very rare. They churn out more Vettes in a month than the total number of NSXs in existance.

The new one will be just as special. If you're mad at yourself go buy a P, F or C car. If you're special you'll wait because all good things are worth waiting for.

I still get a kick that I can drive a 13 year old car with almost 170,000 miles on it and most people thinnk it's brand new and have never even seen one. By 170,000 miles most other cars have long since been recycled into ashtrays, doorstops and butt plugs.

You only have to read my posts to know that I am special, but not in the same way that you are.
I don’t know man, that damn Lambo looks pretty special to me but I guess we are all hoping that Honda can undercut it by a big chunk.
Four years! God! I might be dead in four years or worse, gas might be $20 a gallon.

Doorstops and butt plugs, had not heard that one before LOL.
Can we say "butt plugs" without getting censored?

Regards,

Patrick

The Lambo makes one hell of a first impression. I've been shopping for a car for the past 3 months and had it narrowed down to the Gallardo and Ford GT. When I saw a Yellow GT with black stripes in the flesh that did it for me. Like the NSX, I know I'll never get tired of the GTs lines. The Gallardo already looks dated to me. maybe because I see 3 or 4 of them every week. I think its something about all those straight lines. I must subconsciously prefer curves. :)

Now I'm waiting for the right GT at the right price.

To echo Hugh's points (and many others), I still get an amazing kick out of the fact that my NSX is nearly 16 years old, has around 110,000 miles on it, and still gets head scratches, endless questions and of course everyone thinks its brand new, which is so cool.

Speaking of buttplugs...(amazing prank call if you've never heard it)

<a href="http://www.stileproject.com/WAAF_-_Buttplugs.mp3">'Buttplugs' Prank Phone Call MP3 Download</a>

Hugh said:
The Lambo makes one hell of a first impression. I've been shopping for a car for the past 3 months and had it narrowed down to the Gallardo and Ford GT. When I saw a Yellow GT with black stripes in the flesh that did it for me. Like the NSX, I know I'll never get tired of the GTs lines. The Gallardo already looks dated to me. maybe because I see 3 or 4 of them every week. I think its something about all those straight lines. I must subconsciously prefer curves. :)

Now I'm waiting for the right GT at the right price.

Hugh, what is the right price in your opinion for the GT?

Jonathan said:
Ok, here are a couple more pics with the two cars together...(and one alone of the Gallardo...and one for Neo ;) )

nsx_vs-lambo2.jpg

nsx_vs-lambo1.jpg

gallardo-sm.jpg

And Neo, thank you so much for you support, not only of iriver but of this forum, in honor of that I dedicate this part of the new car to you: :D

Lambo-Logo.jpg

Thanks for those pics!

Jonathan said:
...Speaking of buttplugs...(amazing prank call if you've never heard it)

<a href="http:/Buttplugs.mp3">'Buttplugs' Prank Phone Call MP3 Download</a>

:eek: Whoa!! You need to put a WW before that link. :eek:

Shumdit said:
So you plan to wait a year (or more than likely two) before buying?

No, more like 6 to 9 months. I've been told that cars are being offered at wholesale at $135,000 already. There are still over 1000 unsold cars out there and sales have slowed to a crawl. I don't care if it's new or not but it has to be yellow with black stripes. I'll get it at my price, I always do. And when I do get it, I plan to drive the living shit out of it, since Charlotte will then be going under the knife for extensive cosmetic and mechanical modifications. I'll have 20,000 miles on the thing in the first 6 months. :) Hope it doesn't fall apart. LOL

ybgt.jpg

Hugh said:
No, more like 6 to 9 months. I've been told that cars are being offered at wholesale at $135,000 already. There are still over 1000 unsold cars out there and sales have slowed to a crawl. I don't care if it's new or not but it has to be yellow with black stripes. I'll get it at my price, I always do. And when I do get it, I plan to drive the living shit out of it, since Charlotte will then be going under the knife for extensive cosmetic and mechanical modifications. I'll have 20,000 miles on the thing in the first 6 months. :) Hope it doesn't fall apart. LOL

ybgt.jpg

I wish they actually looked like that pic. I would be surpised if they do not hold value better than that. My guess is that you will see the drop in prices slow down once production stops next month.

Shumdit said:
I wish they actually looked like that pic.

Why wouldn't it look like the pic? When I finally saw a yellow/black in the flesh it just floored me. It looked better in real life than any pic I've been able to get my hands on.

The price will drop. Its a car. And an American car at that. Remember when F360s were going for $300K +? Now they're a dime a dozen at around $100K (Granted it's a piece of shit Italian car) but the point is once the novelty wears off and the candy asses who bought them so they can impress their neighbors start selling them because their wives are threatening divorce is when I'll pounce. :)

Hugh said:
Why wouldn't it look like the pic? When I finally saw a yellow/black in the flesh it just floored me. It looked better in real life than any pic I've been able to get my hands on.

The price will drop. Its a car. And an American car at that. Remember when F360s were going for $300K +? Now they're a dime a dozen at around $100K (Granted it's a piece of shit Italian car) but the point is once the novelty wears off and the candy asses who bought them so they can impress their neighbors start selling them because their wives are threatening divorce is when I'll pounce. :)

That was the prototype pic. The ft fascia, grille, headlights, foglights and most importantly wheel/tire set up are different on production.

Shumdit said:
That was the prototype pic. The ft fascia, grille, headlights, foglights and most importantly wheel/tire set up are different on production.

Silly me. I have such a huge collection. You are right that was a proto photo. Here is a production photo of y/b. But you've got to see this thing in real life to really appreciate it.

ybgt2.jpg

Oh, I have seen more than 1 in person and I love the look. The only concerns to me are:
Interior: obviously does not have the quality of the Gallardo or even a recent F-car although very nice for a Ford.
Exterior: A few small things and 1 big one. The headlights look odd on certain colors, like a racoon face, or something and not crazy about the rear diffuser aesthetcs, even though I realize it is function first, form second. The gap between the clamshell on rear valance does not seem to be of the quality expected on a 150K car, regardess of the badge on it.
The big one is that friggin rear bumper. It lookls like they took one off of the front of a 93 Ford Ranger and tacked it on back there. Ruins the rear of the car's lines IMO, although fixable from what I have seen if you have the $$$.

The only personal reasons I would hhesitate to consider one are purely of the ego variety. Ford bage has far less cachet then even Acura much less Lambo or F-car, and lastly, I love the sound of an F-car V8 or Lambo/Porsche V10. The Ford V8 sounds like half the Mustangs running around here.

Jonathan,

I think you bought my buddies old G car, he just traded it to get the OOO-Merci! You should hook up and drive with us we're in Vantucky and young. I have a F360, another person has the Merci, and another guy a 360 Challenge Stradale.

Get on www.ferrarichat.com as well. The NW Ferrari club does alot of events with the Lambo club. If you don't know Roy C, you will!

Oh yeah, I had a NSX but sold it to my buddy down the road.

Don't be afraid to put miles on that bull!!!

Last edited:
m3power222 said:
I have a F360, another the Merci, and another 360 Challenge Stradale.

Are you mad at yourself or simply insane? I can't think of a single reason to spend so much money on 3 cars that will have trouble reaching a combined 50,000 miles before they either fall apart or catch themselves on fire. There's a reason those silly F cars come standard with fire extinguishers. :)

I see you edited your original post after I replied. Next time at least yell at me for bashing the spaghettimobiles. :)

m3power222 said:
The NW Ferrari club does alot of events with the Lambo club.

I heard your most popular one was called "Flatbed Flagdown Fiesta" :biggrin:

Last edited:
Shumdit said:
Ford bage has far less cachet then even Acura much less Lambo or F-car, and lastly, I love the sound of an F-car V8 or Lambo/Porsche V10. The Ford V8 sounds like half the Mustangs running around here.

I could give a shit if it had a Hyundai badge on it. The car is a gorgeous sexy beast. No carbon fiber bullshit, no farm animals anywhere in sight on the badges. Just a big beautiful hunk of aluminum with a snarling monster V8 strapped into it. I'm in love.

You know what I meant! That they knew better than to use CF for major structural parts. Deck lid innner linings and trim pieces I can tolerate. Using it for anything more than ornamental or weight savings on body panels is criminal. In reality the shit is as flimsy as paper mache. I don't buy any of that "stronger than steel" bullshit. Kevlar and Aramid are "stronger than steel" too but they don't make cars out of the stuff. :) Carrera GTs and Enzos are deathtraps. Give me metal! (In more ways than one)

The one thing that's got to go in the GT though is that God awful, ugly Mcintosh crap they went with. Hopefully I'll be able to find a car sans stereo but that might be wishful thinking.

Hugh said:
The one thing that's got to go in the GT though is that God awful, ugly Mcintosh crap they went with. Hopefully I'll be able to find a car sans stereo but that might be wishful thinking.

Yeah, good luck trying to find a rare color with the rarest option (or should I say without the MOST ORDERED OPTION). I am not sure what it is people do not like abut the Mac stereo other than the high ass price and sub that takes valuable storage space up. What do you know about the Mac that is so disliked?

Shumdit said:
Yeah, good luck trying to find a rare color with the rarest option (or should I say without the MOST ORDERED OPTION). I am not sure what it is people do not like abut the Mac stereo other than the high ass price and sub that takes valuable storage space up. What do you know about the Mac that is so disliked?

I particularly dislike that huge sub between the seats. I'm going to have one mounted NSX style in the passenger footwell in a custom built box. It will need to be easily removeable though because there is an access panel down. NO problem for a competent installer. Plus I think the head unit sucks. There's room down there for a custom installation using a double din unit with a screen.

Since I plan on this being my DD/mobile office I want to make the interior as user friendly/efficient as possible. I don't care about the fact that I'm modifying the interior. To me it's just a car and is made to be driven. It's a crime for people to buy these things as investments/garage queens. I'm also keeping a close eye on the boards to see if any chronic serious issues creep up as the current fleet accumulates more miles. So far nothing serious. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Back