• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My, NSX Red 97 now on M5's !

02+ or Advans?

• Keep the 02+ Wheels

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • Keep the Advan 5's Silver

Votes: 35 38.5%
  • Paint the Advan 5's Gun Metal

Votes: 24 26.4%

• Total voters
I agree with what others have said, the OEM wheels made you're car unique and gave it that aggressive look by which most of us easily recognized it, now it looks nice, very nice in fact but some how lost its unique touch (weird as the old wheels were OEM in gun metal, but true), but if you are keeping the OEM wheels you can always switch them up.:smile:

BTW, you guys that are changing colors. Are you having them painted with automotive paint or what? Whats the process most use? Thanks.

i think in most cases other then plastidiping, im pretty sure most nsx owners take the wheels to get them professionally refinished.

BTW, you guys that are changing colors. Are you having them painted with automotive paint or what? Whats the process most use? Thanks.

I like the M5's.

Oscar, can you PM me your paint guys number. I want to get my other WW spoiler painted. Thanks.

Last edited:
This ^^^^^^^^^^

Car looks KILLER Oscar!!!!! I mean, it looks freakin amazing!!

I would keep the Model 5's as is... and keep the 02+.

You can always go back. I have my gunmetal NSX-R wheels and my model 5's as well... which are getting refinished silver. Best of both worlds :biggrin:
Agree +1 on Both G and Chris!!!

I'm really curious how the bronze M5s will look on your Red.

It's a fine line but I think you can pull it off!
2008-Ferrari-430-Scuderia-Front-Wheel-1024x768.jpg

Attachments

• 217892_507557129272154_2090975481_n.jpg
    217892_507557129272154_2090975481_n.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Interesting idea.

I preferred the GM '02 wheels, but Oscar you knew that already.

advans looks great! i found a set in 17/17 but last minute the seller decided to keep them :(

Really wanna see this now... The new setup is really clean, but I miss the aggressiveness from the last setup. :smile:

oscar first of all, your car looks great. These are nice wheels, although i personally find the style a bit played out.

Don't forget your car almost won the entire red category with your 02 gunmetals. It was unique.

To me this wheel is good looking but not unique. They are probably a bit more flashy, and your eyes may have tired of your old wheel so this is a nice change. Also without a bbk, the 02 wheels hide more brakes than these do.

You've traded, in my eye, a bit of flash for a bit of harmony with the rest of the car. In the red contest your car was very unique. Now... It does look like a number of other modified nsx's to me that have a ww lip, r wing, and an aftermarket wheel.

Let's see how your poll turns out. I think if you want to keep the model 5's you should go gunmetal and bbk.

no way dude! You have to be crazy if you think you think model 5's on an nsx is not unique. How many nsx owners have model 5's? Secondly, how many in oscar's geographical region have model 5's? This design is very old, but a very classic look. Not many remain today, hence the demand of this wheel. Don't compare some threads here on prime on the uniqueness of the model 5, because they are still very rare!

Now back to oscar's look.... This wheel looks amazing on the nsx. After comparing the gunmetal oem's to the model 5's, hands down (in my opinion), it' s not even close. Model 5's look killer. Such a wonderful contrast to the red and other black accents of the car. Personally, i'm not a huge fan of the gunmetal wheels with the acura logo in red on the centercaps. Something about that look imo looks a bit off and slightly too matchy matchy.

^^^ this!!!

synth maybe model 5's are rare but there are dozens of aftermarket double 5 spoke wheels out there. Silver is also the most common color on any wheel on any car. What other wheel looks like an 02 oem wheel?

there might be wheels out there that look like model 5's, but they sure ain't model 5's!

Just because "silver' is a common color, it doesn't mean its wrong or "played out." a classic look/design can never be "played out."

no other wheels look like '02's, but you have literally thousands of 2002 wheels out there vs. Model 5's on an nsx. I actually preferred oscar's 02's when they were silver.

^^^ this!!!

Looks great with the M5's. But I think I would go gunmetal, but the bronze would look great as well!

Back