• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

My Review of Pride Headers

What, Mark also makes headers for our beloved NSX!?

Yes, he has not actively marketed them on here yet but he does sell them.

I will also preface by saying that I have never purchased anything else from Pride, but from the reviews I have read on here I had high expectations.

Before and during the purchase, Mark was very responsive and communicated very well during the transaction.

First impression of the headers, they look very well made...

021_zps5a9418dd.jpg

nice clean welds...

011_zpsf9c1c2db.jpg

013_zps087b2f1d.jpg

I had them installed by Brian's team at Source 1. The install was very straight forward and the fit of these headers is right on.

Sorry for some of my crappy pics of them installed, but I do not have access to a lift or a good camera...

008_zps1f141663.jpg

009_zpsfc801a28.jpg

011_zpsa5d1c8e8.jpg

I have these matched up with SOS test pipes and a Taitec GTLW that were previously installed.

With the Pride headers I will say that at idle the note is a slightly louder and deeper. At cruising speeds, it is a little louder and deeper again, but there seems to be less of the drone I previously experienced with just the test pipes and GTLW. At WOT this setup screams.

I have put about 500 miles on since these were installed and my butt dyno feels like there is a little better throttle response and a harder pull to redline.

Overall, I am very satisfied, Pride met my high expectations with these and I look forward to putting many more miles on them. I would certainly recommend these to anyone else looking for headers for their NSX.

The spring bolts are cranked down all the way and will eventually cause the headers to crack because of the lack of flex. A good spring bolt like the one below will not allow you to compress the spring once tightened all the way.

The header design looks like a replica of the Fujitsubos. What are they selling for?

IMG_6279_rs35.jpg

Header cost if you don't mind posting. You can PM me what they cost if you prefer. Thanks. Oh BTW, yes build quality looks great.

The spring bolts are cranked down all the way and will eventually cause the headers to crack because of the lack of flex. A good spring bolt like the one below will not allow you to compress the spring once tightened all the way.

The header design looks like a replica of the Fujitsubos. What are they selling for?

IMG_6279_rs35.jpg
^^^ +1. Great photo. Find the OEM bolts that have the flange near the end of the thread. This allows you to torque in the bolts tight but still allow the spring tension to keep the ball/cup flange loose enough to flex.

-----------------------------------
Three questions on the rest of it:
1. It looks like they took extra effort to try to keep it equal length. Did they achieve it?
2. What size is the ID at the collector?
3. How come the flange was cut so thin here? Most of the gasket is showing and the flange edge comes up right onto the weld. Not sure why that needed to be done? It would be an area of concern for me but perhaps there was a good reason to do so...
008_zps1f141663.jpg

IIRC, his header + test pipe setup was $1000.

Any more info about them? I´m really close to aqquire a Pride V2 Header.

Our shopping cart isn't up yet but here's a link to my website: http://prideexhaust.com/products-page/header/nsx-headers Paypal gladly accepted.

PRIDE True SUS304 stainless steel Headers for the Acura NSX. Fits all 1991-1994 NSX with manual transmissions only. Our header system incorporates the ball-joint pivot point replacing the flexible coupling used on other brands header systems. The ball-joints allows the header system to flex and pivot with engine torque independently of the rest of the exhaust system. The benefit of this joint system is the elimination of the flex joint, which is prone to crack overtime. Made out of SUS304 stainless steel. PRIDE headers come with stainless steel mesh donut gaskets, flat gaskets, & an o2 sensor extension harness. The collectors are 60mm (2.36 inches). Will also fit 95-05 NSX's if installed with our 91-94 Test Pipes and Exhaust. Will require to add additional o2 bungs on the test pipes if installed on a 95+ NSX. All PRIDE EXHAUST products come with a 2 year warranty.

Header1.png

Header2.png

Header3.png

Header4.png

BothGaskets-2.jpg

Feel free to PM me, email me [email protected], or call me! Thank you guys!

Mark @ PRIDE

i have had this on my car with the pride exhaust and test pipes for almost a year now. no issues and i love the way it sounds.

I have headers and full exhaust from pride including test pipes.......all worth it !

IMG_6279_rs35.jpg
It looks like the double nut will accomplish not compressing the spring as the first would tighten and the second locks it in place therefor the spring will maintain room to compress during shifting/movement that may occur; I need to install mine instead of steering at them (but they look so nice).:smile:

Welds look good, any particular reason you chose the O2 bung holes @ the adapter pipe section of the headers?

Our shopping cart isn't up yet but here's a link to my website: http://prideexhaust.com/products-page/header/nsx-headers Paypal gladly accepted.

PRIDE True SUS304 stainless steel Headers for the Acura NSX. Fits all 1991-1994 NSX with manual transmissions only. Our header system incorporates the ball-joint pivot point replacing the flexible coupling used on other brands header systems. The ball-joints allows the header system to flex and pivot with engine torque independently of the rest of the exhaust system. The benefit of this joint system is the elimination of the flex joint, which is prone to crack overtime. Made out of SUS304 stainless steel. PRIDE headers come with stainless steel mesh donut gaskets, flat gaskets, & an o2 sensor extension harness. The collectors are 60mm (2.36 inches). Will also fit 95-05 NSX's if installed with our 91-94 Test Pipes and Exhaust. Will require to add additional o2 bungs on the test pipes if installed on a 95+ NSX. All PRIDE EXHAUST products come with a 2 year warranty.

Header1.png

Header2.png

Header3.png

Header4.png

BothGaskets-2.jpg

Feel free to PM me, email me [email protected], or call me! Thank you guys!

Mark @ PRIDE
Mark,

Any chance that there's going to be a group buy on these headers?? And if there was then I must have missed it as I just got my car not to long ago.

Also was there any dyno results posted on these headers?

Thx

Bringing back from the dead. I forgot to weigh my Pride headers before install, so does anyone know the weight of the full system with adapters?

I'm also bringing the tread back from the dead as I just recieved my header's. Thanks Mark.
As everyone has said. Mark is a packing monster. There was so much bubble wrap and packing popcorn it didnt move at all.
Headers look great and come with all the hardware.

As far as the weight. I removed all the packing material and used the box to keep everything together and weighed it with a commercial scale and its. 40lbs.

I'm also bringing the tread back from the dead as I just recieved my header's. Thanks Mark.
As everyone has said. Mark is a packing monster. There was so much bubble wrap and packing popcorn it didnt move at all.
Headers look great and come with all the hardware.

As far as the weight. I removed all the packing material and used the box to keep everything together and weighed it with a commercial scale and its. 40lbs.

I think there is a typo here. With packaging materials and all the hardwares with box it weighs around 32-35 pounds. The headers itself weighs just shy of under 30 pounds. Thanks!

Mark @ PRIDE

^ if you say so i trust you used a smaller scale. I used a big commerical truck scale. Because it was available. Unfortunately didnt have a smaller scale.
Headers fit great. No issues with fitment at all.
Only issue i had was with the install it self. It takes alot of time, energy and attachments.
I hope I never have to do another header install.
Just have to dyno the car now to see what type of numbers i've gained

^ if you say so i trust you used a smaller scale. I used a big commerical truck scale. Because it was available. Unfortunately didnt have a smaller scale.
Headers fit great. No issues with fitment at all.
Only issue i had was with the install it self. It takes alot of time, energy and attachments.
I hope I never have to do another header install.
Just have to dyno the car now to see what type of numbers i've gained

did you happen to get any dynos on the headers? I'm in need of headers ASAP

No dyno yet.
Havent really had the time. Also want to duplicate the same conditions that I first dynoed the car at.

Back