• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Turbo Kit

Me to but that turbo is way overkill I cant wait to hear what you hit full boost at.

Me to but that turbo is way overkill I cant wait to hear what you hit full boost at.

I know he went with a large A/R housing but I think you are going to be suprised when it comes in at the same time as lets say the Lovefab set-up, yet makes more power per psi. His design in tubing from what I see is really nice. Hopefully he runs duel wastegates and keeps it seperated all the way to the turbine like it appears to be. Then coat all the piping to keep the exhaust gas from losing temp before the turbo as well as coat the turbine housing and the boost response should match everything I have seen built so far.

I would be willing to bet you nsxtcy85 your going to eat your words. :smile:

..........But I could be wrong. My wife could tell you it wouldn't be the first time.

J. R.

My downpipe is 3" Inconel
The pipes between header and Turbo are in Inconel too.

Well with that the case then no need for coating them as the heat retaining properties of iconel are AMAZING. Almost as amazing as the price of that stuff.

nsxtc85 should I pass the salt and pepper? :biggrin:

J. R.

Kit looks great. What is the pipe diameter between the header and turbo? I'm having something similar done out of 321ss. Thanks.
Enrique

Dont forget that there is movement in the engine mounts. Your turbine discharge pipe to you throttle body should have a bellow coupler on it. You should also just hardweld a bulkhead connection through the firewall.

menfou, Thats a lot of work. I like how you split the exhaust including the westgates all the way to the turbo.

Hard to see but are the two sides equal length?

Should be an interesting setup............looks like a quicker spool too...crosses fingers :smile:

I made my home engine mount, I don't think the engine move a lot.
It's a equal lenght pipe
For the firewall wait a little ;)

it doesnt take much movement to break a weld in a situation like that. easy enough to put some flex in the system.. why wouldnt you just as a precaution?

actually, if you LOOK at what he has made, he is still using the flex joints on the headers. from there to the IC it could be hard mounted if he wanted. then just some flex @ the TB, which he has said he has addressed.

cool kit so far...

marc

My turbo Kit is finished
But for moment I don't put the water pump for the intercooler, and I use 2PSI spring in my 2 wastegates.

The sound is :eek: , I can hear the turbo spool at 1500rpm :eek:
Tomorrow I will make a small movie

That would be great...looking forward to it!!!:smile:

Menfou,
Awesome, love the sound. Can't wait to see how the GT4088R spools up with the divided pulses. Great work!
Enrique

I believe he is using AEM, make sure your not just messing with the fuel in the fuel map it wont work much if you change the values around the 1000rpm mark for idle, you need to tune engine start and especially the idle section. I am using 550cc Rc and a high pressure 255lph walbro fuel pump (that makes idling when air conditioning on really hard to balance in aem). Send me your tune I'll do a value comparison and see.. [email protected]

Also, are you using a wideband o2?

Back