• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Napleton’s Acura West Palm Beach sucks 877-363-2817

Your situation certainly sounds dire and from your many posts here it is obvious that you are intelligent and well informed, but have you contacted any law firm that specializes in Lemon Law cases?

Your situation certainly sounds dire and from your many posts here it is obvious that you are intelligent and well informed, but have you contacted any law firm that specializes in Lemon Law cases?

Better. But since AHM spies on this website and FB I don’t feel the need to disclose my legal support. I think RSO34 would agree and he’s not representing me because he’s not a licensed shark in FL. ��

Last edited:
Well I can’t unload it that easily because I leased it, and right now the buyout is $25k more than most are being listed used. And I have almost 10k miles on it, so it’s dropping in value like a dead hooker.
OK Doc, how do you know the value of a dead hooker?

Doc, I just hopped onto this thread. Truly sorry you are having this experience. Bad enough to get a lemon or have those who are supposedly factory trained mess up one's new pride and joy, but even worse when manufacturer doesn't step up to the plate especially with a halo car like the new NSX. I hope this gets resolved to your complete satisfaction. This is a very disturbing thread. I thought that receiving the middle finger from the factory was reserved for P-car owners who suffered catastrophic engine failures courtesy of the dreaded IMS/RMS failures. I hope Honda/Acura hasn't taken a page from the VAG playbook as their new corporate policy.

As an aside my local Acura dealer in Farmington Hills, MI just closed down -- gave up the franchise. That says it all. Now, in the greater Detroit area we are left with three dealers -- one to the far west in Ann Arbor and one in Troy (near east side) and the other in Roseville, even further to the east. Not good times for Acura. One would think they might be a bit more customer-centric. I have to wonder if Acura is on its way to the place where the likes of Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac and Mercury went. I used to see TLs everywhere, even here in the Motor City (starting with model year 1999 through and including 2008), but now they are few and far between. For sure Acura has lost its way and lost much of its historical customer base. I'm now a reluctant Audi owner. Not thrilled about that and no way will keep any German car much beyond warranty but neither Honda nor Acura has anything at all for me since 2008.

Best,
Jeff

I’m local to them and I use a independent garage who is owned by a Master Acura tech who use to work at one of the local Acura dealers before handful of years ago started his own shop nearby. Acutech is the place I use for my nsx. Small shop but the owner on point with the 1st gen nsx at least, never inquired about 2nd gen.

Sorry to to hear about this incident. Keep updating this thread.

I used Dwight for many years with my NA1, and would never take it to a dealer. I don’t know of any local independent shops. I wish we had someone like SOS here.

I had a client with another brand of car that was a real lemon and the dealership laughed at him - until he rented a spot directly across from the dealership and parked his lemon with huge signs announcing his problems with the dealership. A 40% drop in business one month later resulted in them finally acknowledging him.....

In the early '70s, GM in Canada was selling a car called the Firenza (not the later Oldsmobile item in the '80s). It was imported from Britain and truly warranted the moniker 'lemon'. Being pre social media days, a local Firenza owner who, as was the norm, was getting no traction in dealing with his reliability issues fabricated a very large paper Mache lemon to fit over the top of the car and parked it on the street in front of the dealership (with appropriate signage). I recall that the dealership stoked the flames by attempting to tow the car away which prompted the owner to telephone the police (and I expect the local media) to complain that his car was in the act of being stolen. Made for some good theater.

A 2017 Nouvelle Blue/Orchid/lemon yellow NSX SHITBOX located outside the dealership might accelerate the pace of negotiations.

Does the lemon law also apply to poor repairs and workmanship?

bump....just to post something on prime....how nostalgic

ps go get em docl, and in loving memory...ko-nsx

...A 2017 Nouvelle Blue/Orchid/lemon yellow NSX SHITBOX located outside the dealership might accelerate the pace of negotiations.

This weekend is one of the largest C&C in the country held in Palm Beach County and it’s also the infamous Supercar Week. If I can make it to both events I can assure you my car will be there with something resembling a Lemon.

Does the lemon law also apply to poor repairs and workmanship?

In this case the attempts to repair the car were made at a franchised dealer in response to a defect deemed severe enough to require a recall by the OEM so I think this definately would qualify. I am not an attorney and don't know the specific laws in Florida but a reputable law firm that specializes in this type of litigation does a rigorous vetting of the situation ( thus ruling out buyer's remorse etc ) and will only take on cases they have an extremely high probability of winning. That is why the OEMs just buy the car back instead fighting the case and why it pays to consult one of these firms if you have a lemon.

Last edited:
This weekend is one of the largest C&C in the country held in Palm Beach County and it’s also the infamous Supercar Week. If I can make it to both events I can assure you my car will be there with something resembling a Lemon.

you should hire two "lemonbrella" girls to stand next to your car....:biggrin:

Bump. Factory engineer coming this week to test drive my Cordoba with Corinthian Leather.

Bump. Factory engineer coming this week to test drive my Cordoba with Corinthian Leather.

That's what I was going to ask - If any factory engineers had been out to inspect it yet.

My parents had a problem with their new MDX hybrid, and it seems like a factory engineer was out to look at the car within a week. That's entirely the dealerships fault for not getting you the proper attention.

Sorry you're going through this.

Can you send something to NHTSA to aid in getting this public? An electronics or hardware issue with erratic steering seems like it would be a huge safety issue they should be aware of. I don't know.... Even if it's only happened to you, with the extremely small number of NC1's on the road it is still a statistically high number for a serious handling issue.

That's what I was going to ask - If any factory engineers had been out to inspect it yet.

My parents had a problem with their new MDX hybrid, and it seems like a factory engineer was out to look at the car within a week. That's entirely the dealerships fault for not getting you the proper attention.

Sorry you're going through this.

Can you send something to NHTSA to aid in getting this public? An electronics or hardware issue with erratic steering seems like it would be a huge safety issue they should be aware of. I don't know.... Even if it's only happened to you, with the extremely small number of NC1's on the road it is still a statistically high number for a serious handling issue.

Mine is not a manufacturing defect. It was caused by the negligence of the technician who did the gas tank recall. The recall is also a pretty big deal to me. There must have been a pretty big concern to have local technicians do the job which doesn’t look simple. Chances are something happened to the brake regen system, or there is an electrical problem affecting the front electric motors. The physical alignment specs are dead on.

Last edited:
Lol! But it can perform a tough circuit in the 24 hours of LeMon’s.

It looks like AHM is stepping up to the plate and is going to do whatever it will take to make me happy. It still won't change my sentiments about Crapelton's Acura in Palm Beach. So one more bump.

It looks like AHM is stepping up to the plate and is going to do whatever it will take to make me happy. It still won't change my sentiments about Crapelton's Acura in Palm Beach. So one more bump.

Happy to hear that they're going to do the right thing, but what is that thing? Are they giving you a new car? Letting you out of the lease, with reimbursement for the time your car was "out of service", inquiring minds need to know, at the same time..........provide a "bump" to Crapleton Acura!!!!

Happy to hear that they're going to do the right thing, but what is that thing? Are they giving you a new car? Letting you out of the lease, with reimbursement for the time your car was "out of service", inquiring minds need to know, at the same time..........provide a "bump" to Crapleton Acura!!!!

Yes to both of your assumptions. I'm waiting for them to come back to me with their offer to match my decision. It'll be bitter-sweet. I loved the car, but the colossal screw up by the tech really left me with no other decision.

so, i guess no more NSX vehicles for you? what's next then? Mclaren? or new R8? or? some other fun two seater?? :smile:

happy to hear things will be working out for you and this situation...

bump bump bump...

Last edited:
Back