• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nav Pod Guys ... putting out the feelers

Since there has been so much intrest in this bracket I am starting a list based on this thread and the one in NSX Electronics section. If others are interested please add your name to the list.

If you change your mind, please remove youreself from the list to make room for others.

I was only planning on making a limited run of 15 units. However please put your name down past the 15 in case some back out or if I make more the 15.

1. Josh
2. Bill_C
3. Veleno
4. afjnsx
5. semmons_NSX
6. Hrant
7. STMPO
8. OSIRIS
9. Pikko
10. Chippy
11. Hugh
12. Hugh
13. Got_Lip

Since there has been so much intrest in this bracket I am starting a list based on this thread and the one in NSX Electronics section. If others are interested please add your name to the list.

If you change your mind, please remove youreself from the list to make room for others.

I was only planning on making a limited run of 15 units. However please put your name down past the 15 in case some back out or if I make more the 15.

1. Josh
2. Bill_C
3. Veleno
4. afjnsx
5. semmons_NSX
6. Hrant
7. STMPO
8. OSIRIS
9. Pikko
10. Chippy
11. Hugh
12. Hugh
13. Got_Lip
14. R1uptempo

1. Josh
2. Bill_C
3. Veleno
4. afjnsx
5. semmons_NSX
6. Hrant
7. STMPO
8. OSIRIS
9. Pikko
10. Chippy
11. Hugh
12. Hugh
13. Got_Lip
14. R1uptempo
15. demigod

1. Josh
2. Bill_C
3. Veleno
4. afjnsx
5. semmons_NSX
6. Hrant
7. STMPO
8. OSIRIS
9. Pikko
10. Chippy
11. Hugh
12. Hugh
13. Got_Lip
14. R1uptempo
15. demigod
16. Sir Stunna Lot
<!-- / message -->

1. Josh
2. Bill_C
3. Veleno
4. afjnsx <--- is this me arfnsx?
5. semmons_NSX
6. Hrant
7. STMPO
8. OSIRIS
9. Pikko
10. Chippy
11. Hugh
12. Hugh
13. Got_Lip

Was #4 a mistype or do I need to jump on this list?

thanks

Was #4 a mistype or do I need to jump on this list?

thanks

Sorry ... it was a mistype. Fixed now and you are on the list at #4. Here is the current list.

1. Josh
2. Bill_C
3. Veleno
4. arfnsx
5. semmons_NSX
6. Hrant
7. STMPO
8. OSIRIS
9. Pikko
10. Chippy
11. Hugh
12. Hugh
13. Got_Lip
14. R1uptempo
15. demigod
16. Sir Stunna Lot

If the intrest continues I am going to see if I can cut more.
Pricing? Looks like they will be around $40 ea + paypal fees & shipping (USPS Flat Rate, unless you want it faster).

When I start to get them in my hads I will contact you via PM starting at #1 and go down the list.

Paypal information will be provided when I have the brackets ready to ship.

Sorry ... it was a mistype. Fixed now and you are on the list at #4. Here is the current list.

1. Josh
2. Bill_C
3. Veleno
4. arfnsx
5. semmons_NSX
6. Hrant
7. STMPO
8. OSIRIS
9. Pikko
10. Chippy
11. Hugh
12. Hugh
13. Got_Lip
14. R1uptempo
15. demigod
16. Sir Stunna Lot

If the intrest continues I am going to see if I can cut more.
Pricing? Looks like they will be around $40 ea + paypal fees & shipping (USPS Flat Rate, unless you want it faster).

When I start to get them in my hads I will contact you via PM starting at #1 and go down the list.

Paypal information will be provided when I have the brackets ready to ship.

Thank you and please keep me on this list. I am happy with that price. seems fair.

Thank you for putting in the work on this product.

Thank you and please keep me on this list. I am happy with that price. seems fair.

Thank you for putting in the work on this product.

Your welcome. Thank you for noticing the work that goes into making something like this.

I am not trying to get rich by no means. I am just glad to see others can use something I envisioned as a solution for a reasonable price.

The R&D to get it right took about a month of installing, removing, (many times), trimming, dremel tool grinding, test fit with the screen in place etc etc.

I am also going to write some instructions, however it it pretty self explanatory.

. Josh
2. Bill_C
3. Veleno
4. arfnsx
5. semmons_NSX
6. Hrant
7. STMPO
8. OSIRIS
9. Pikko
10. Chippy
11. Hugh
12. Hugh
13. Got_Lip
14. R1uptempo
15. demigod
16. Sir Stunna Lot
17. ediddynsx

Mine ended up being pretty heavy after I put the touch screen in it. We secured it with a piece of wood lol. Anyways, its backside heavy, so mine never moves, shakes, or rattles with no holes drilled. I couldnt drill my dash either.

1. Josh
2. Bill_C
3. Veleno
4. arfnsx
5. semmons_NSX
6. Hrant
7. STMPO
8. OSIRIS
9. Pikko
10. Chippy
11. Hugh
12. Hugh
13. Got_Lip
14. R1uptempo
15. demigod
16. Sir Stunna Lot
17. ediddynsx
18. 99 rs

Thanks for all the intrest everyone.

I am going to try to fullfil the entire list and will contact each of you and post on this thread when I start to receive them.

I do not want to take anyones money until I have them in my hands.

I should have the final designed bracket by Friday. I will do a final test fit to make sure it all lines up and rear Pod screw covers installl and remove with ease. I'll give them the thumbs up to start getting them cut.

I am ordering the butterfly fasteners and the screws today.

Appreciate the due diligence. Can you also provide the depth measurement from the bottom front of the Nav to the bracket screws so we can assess how deep of a screen would fit?

Appreciate the due diligence. Can you also provide the depth measurement from the bottom front of the Nav to the bracket screws so we can assess how deep of a screen would fit?

Hrant

Your depth limitiation is going to the dash itself.

My bracket does not interfere with the depth at all. My bracket will limit in the width of the screen installed. I have a 7" Alpine touch screen in mine. I will pull the width measurement of the backet and post in here.

Hey all!

Quick update. I just received the final protype of the production bracket in my hands. I am going to test fit it tonight in my car and should everything line up and fit, I'll give the go ahead tomorrow.

In my previous post I mentioned that height and depth are not effected by the bracket but there is a width measurement. That measurement is 7 1/8" from left to right. So make sure your monitors fit within this.

I have attached one of the preliminary 3D designs (the final is a little different) but this will show you where the 7 1/8" measurment is.

Nav-DashBracketv1.jpg

If some of you have wider monitors, you can dremel out the sides to make it fit, but keep in mind the rigidity of the bracket my be effected.

Ok ...

Installed in less then 10 minutes. All holes line up on both the lower vent and back Pod screw points, bracket does not touch the dash and the Nav Pod sits flush.

All is good as far a design standpoint so I'll give them the go ahead tomorrow.

Hopefully I can start shipping these by the end of next week.

Ok ...

Installed in less then 10 minutes. All holes line up on both the lower vent and back Pod screw points, bracket does not touch the dash and the Nav Pod sits flush.

All is good as far a design standpoint so I'll give them the go ahead tomorrow.

Hopefully I can start shipping these by the end of next week.

Just PM me the total price and I'll send the money..... :smile:

Thanks for making these!

Updated list ....

1. Josh
2. Bill_C
3. Veleno
4. arfnsx
5. semmons_NSX
6. Hrant
7. STMPO
8. OSIRIS
9. Pikko