• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nav Pod Guys ... putting out the feelers

Hey guys,

I am getting ready to install my new Nav Pod within the next few weeks. I noticed there is no way to actually fasten the rear of the Nav Pod to the dash without destrying it..

I have looked around and could not find anything or anyone that has come up with a way to fasten the rear of the Nav Pod. Ifyou know of a place please send me the link.

I have been doing a little R&D and have come up with a Bracket that mounts to factory locations on the bottom and tnen allows you to fasten the rear of the Nav Pod without touching the dash. (Here is a prliminary photo. It;s not 100% finished yet.)

PODBracket.jpg

I am just about done all the final touches. The bracket clears the Alpine 770 monitor with no problem and I think it will even clear the 760 which is a little wider. I have not tested the 760 yet but will as soon s I have the final touches done. I have a 760 as well.

I was wondering if there is any other Nav Pod guys out there that would be interested in the bracket and if so what would you be willing to pay for it so I can negociate with the guys making it.

Once again, I have not had any of these made yet ... just wondering if there is intrest before I commit to severl units.

Thanks and I look forward to your posts and feedback.

I think most of us never bother to screw it into the dash - gravity and some friction do just fine keeping it in place.

That said, fastening it in is probably a good idea, especially if you plan on doing any track driving!

I'm not currently running my nav pod, but I may reinstall it in the future. In that case, I'd be interested in the bracket.

-Josh

I read most of the navpod guys just drill into their dash. Mine is just secured without the bolts, as i could not put holes in my dash.

I think this is a nice product and would pay $20 for it. I would need to verify the depth of my monitor would still fit (I have a cartft CTF700 - http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/870).

Regards,
Bill

I think most of us ...

That said, fastening it in is probably a good idea, especially if you plan on doing any track driving!

In that case, I'd be interested in the bracket.

-Josh

Josh, Thank you for your interest. If there is significant number of POD guys intersted, I iwll be sure to post so everything knows about it. I am not tyring to make huge $ off this ... but provide something to the comminity so we do not have the tear up the dashes and be sure that the POD is secure etc.

I read most of the navpod guys just drill into their dash. Mine is just secured without the bolts, as i could not put holes in my dash.

I think this is a nice product and would pay $20 for it. I would need to verify the depth of my monitor would still fit (I have a cartft CTF700 - http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/870).

Regards,
Bill

Bill ... YIKES! I could not drill holes in the dash either. Not to mention that it would dbe touch to out the car back to stock if you every wanted to.

As far as depth for the monitor that realy does nto matter. It it the width that is the crutial measurement. I've designed this so the bracket comes around either side of the monitor.

Thanks again for you input and comments. I will keep the thread up to date as I get more feedback etc.

As far as depth for the monitor that realy does nto matter. It it the width that is the crutial measurement. I've designed this so the bracket comes around either side of the monitor.

Actually, I didn't know that you are making the bracket to secure the monitor (to the navpod) also. I just thought you were making the bracket that secures the navpod to the dash.

You have my interest either way :)

Thanks!
Bill

Last edited:
Actually, I didn't know that you are making the bracket to secure the monitor (to the navpod) also. I just thought you were making the bracket that secures the navpod to the dash.

You have my interest either way :)

Thanks!
Bill

Bill,

This bracket is specifically to secure the Nav Pod to the dash per say without having to damage the dash material in anyway.

This would not be to mount the monitor to the POD. Once again thank you for the interest.

Darrin

needs some slots on the top aluminum piece and an L or T shaped piece that can slide forward or back to be able to mount a screen to it and adjust for screen depth.

needs some slots on the top aluminum piece and an L or T shaped piece that can slide forward or back to be able to mount a screen to it and adjust for screen depth.

Hey great idea spider2k!

I did not want this to become an engineering project to adapt to every monitor out there. I just wanted to make soemthing to secure the Nav Pod to the dash without tearing up the dash material etc.

However, who ever buys this can certainly add or adapt to the bracket. I guess I can have a slot made down the middle so the end user could provid an "L" bracket.

The problem I see is there is not much depth to work with. When my Alpine 770 screen is mounted to the Nav Opd it just clears the front of the dash edge.

I did something like this to mine to also hold it in place, though yours looks more professional. I may be interested dependent on price.

I did something like this to mine to also hold it in place, though yours looks more professional. I may be interested dependent on price.

Richard,

Thank you for the interst. I have one more prototype I am getting today and all should be good. The last one fit perfectly hoever the holes at the back to where the Nav Pod screws into did not line up.

So ... this one I am getting today should be the final product. Once I have it mounted and inplace, I will post some pictures and see the response from Prime members with Nav Pods.

Yeah my problem is that now that i have screwed the Pod down when you take it off it has made a crease in the shape of the Pod on the dash,, and now to little holes where the screws are, thats why I bought another dash,LOL so when I want to change back I can. I had to cut my dash to fit in the 2005 Acura TL 7.5 Inch navi screen anyway so f-it ,,but I did think of this kinda adapter when I first started I should have done it but was to lazy wanted it installed right now that the Scorpio in me!! LOL

Last edited:
Hi Darrin,

Any updates on this?

thx,
Bill

Bill,

Thanks for keeping this post in mind. Since there was very little intrest from other Nav Pod users I did not proceed with making more of them. I actually had three brackets as each one was a "test" jig and the thrid one was the final design.

I gave to 2 others to close NSX friends that are installing PODs and though the idea was great.

Other then that ... since there was not enough intrest and for those that were there is not enough money in it for the time I would spend putting it toegther.

Mine is installed and all went together great and all is very secure.

Once again thank you for your interest and sorry that the response from other primers was what I thought it would be in order to get more of these made.

Installed this thing in less than 30 minutes... Darrin... charge more man... this is about as good as it gets for Nav Pods

Regards

Installed this thing in less than 30 minutes... Darrin... charge more man... this is about as good as it gets for Nav Pods

Regards

Ross,

Thanks dude! I am glad to hear that the POD Bracket worked out for you and it was easy to install. That was my goal when I designed it! You got my last prototype / bracket that I had.

No more Nav Pod fallin in your lap when leaving the line.

Glad you liked it.

Hey guys,

I just took my bracket out of my car to give it to my CNC / CAD guy. He is going to replicate it as the final design and I''ll be making a run of 10-15 units or so around May 9th.

I will contact all of you when I have then in my hand and will be a first come first serve basis. If I sell them all I will look at making more.

This will include the bracket, the butterfly fasteners and the short screws that mounts the Pod to the bracket.

Hey guys,

I just took my bracket out of my car to give it to my CNC / CAD guy. He is going to replicate it as the final design and I''ll be making a run of 10-15 units or so around May 9th.

I will contact all of you when I have then in my hand and will be a first come first serve basis. If I sell them all I will look at making more.

This will include the bracket, the butterfly fasteners and the short screws that mounts the Pod to the bracket.

Thank you

Daqrrin,

We have a customer car here that needs one as well...

BTW - you should ask to use that nav pod flying video to market these.... that cracked me up bro.... you have no idea how many times my nav pod came flying at me...

Regards

Hey all,

Thanks for all the interest. Once I get some of these in my hands and have an actual cost I will post and start a list. It will be on a fist come forst serve basis and may have alinited run of 10-15 units.

Will keep you all posted. As mentioned previously, I took mine out of my car to get to the CAD / CNC guy to make final design the same.

Back