• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Paint Work in S.F. Bay Area

I just purchased a gorgeous 1996 Black NSX with only 2,700 miles on it. I received it on 10/30/05 and the transporter damaged the paint on the top. I need to get it repaired and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good shop in the San Francisco Bay area? I would appreciate any input.
Thank you very much,
Roy

Roy D. said:
I just purchased a gorgeous 1996 Black NSX with only 2,700 miles on it. I received it on 10/30/05 and the transporter damaged the paint on the top. I need to get it repaired and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good shop in the San Francisco Bay area? I would appreciate any input.
Thank you very much,
Roy
Wow! Congratulations!
Too bad when something pristine gets damaged on a totally avoidable situation though.
Where in Bay are you? You may be better to post this up in the Northwest Region forum.
Be sure to join us on one of our local meets (again see same forum for details of what's been & coming up)

I have a friend who does quite a bit of restoration work. A lot of his paint jobs have been in hot rod and other car magazines. He did my motorcycle :biggrin:
He's in San Bruno so if you're interested, PM and I'll give you his info.

Congratulations!

There is only one shop that touches my cars, Brooks Motor Cars in Oakland. Daniel Kim is the owner and a terrific guy with a great eye for detail. The shop is like a day-spa for cars. They are located at 9829 Bigge Street, Oakland, CA 94603, (510) 632.8901. Tell him Michael Hartmann referred you. They just did the front bumper on my NSX.

Roy D. said:
Thank you very much,
Roy
sounds like a **wonderful car** -- congrats! i have a couple of suggestions for quality shops that i've used, where in the bay area are you located?

Roy D. said:
Thank you very much,
Roy
EMC 510-651-8800 Fremont ask for Sean Steiner or Gary.
They do excellent work as all the dealership @ automall take their vehicles there. They did an awesome work on my NSX CF hood, matched it perfectly to the rest of the car and did it at reasonable price. And they did my 540, made it look brand new. Very professional.

There are quite a few body shops in the area, one that I and others have used in San Mateo is:

Costelli and Pardini is the best IMO. I have used them on different occasions for different cars always with excellent results. I recently brought my NSX back for a problem I was having with my windshield (which they subbed out for my repaint) and after three years they fixed the problem without asking a question!

Costelli and Pardini at (650) 571-7001.

They are quite good and experienced with the NSX.

Others are:

Autobahn Body & Paint
778 Yuba Dr
Mountain View CA 94041
650/966-1840

Bodystyle

524 E Brokaw Rd
San Jose CA 95112.
(408) 436-1616.

So the same thing happened to me this past week (lame shipper chipped up and scraped up my car, even dented my front bumper! :mad: )

Given the above recommendations were given 1.5 years ago, anybody today have any inputs on where I can get some scratches buffed out, and dents filled in and repainted? Or have the above vendors stood the test of time and are still the recommended shops today?

Congratulations!

There is only one shop that touches my cars, Brooks Motor Cars in Oakland. Daniel Kim is the owner and a terrific guy with a great eye for detail. The shop is like a day-spa for cars. They are located at 9829 Bigge Street, Oakland, CA 94603, (510) 632.8901. Tell him Michael Hartmann referred you. They just did the front bumper on my NSX.

Michael gave me the referral to Brooks Motor Cars when my NSX needed some work. It's the best repair facility I've ever been to. I'd say go to Brooks to get it done right - you get what you pay for.

:biggrin: Modern bench opperations in san jose area has done alot of work for people I know and always looks great

My Girlfreinds S2000 had a scratch fixed at "Modern Bench Opperations" in Campbell. I ended up having to bring the car back several times to have the job done right. On top of that they left the center taillight unplugged. Damaged the rear emblem. They also managed to stain the soft top with polish which they had cleaned but the stain still comes back after a while. Not happy with their attention to detail.

Last edited:
Chromatose just took his 360 Modena to Works Auto body. He raved about the quality of work and how they kept to their stated time table, even came in under their quote.

I plan to go by their tomorrow with my car.

Works Auto Body The
1640 Grant St
Santa Clara, CA 95050
(408) 748-1367

My Girlfreinds S2000 had a scratch fixed at "Modern Bench Opperations" in Campbell. I ended up having to bring the car back several times to have the job done right. On top of that they left the center taillight unplugged. Damaged the rear emblem. They also managed to stain the soft top with polish which they had cleaned but the stain still comes back after a while. Not happy with their attention to detail.

hmmm doesn't sound like Pete to me, I would be interested to know the specifics. but not really for this thread ;)

The best body shop is THE WORKS in Santa Clara.

Chris is the owner.

The founder of Monster Cable is one of MANY customers.

His body shop is filled with exotics like Ferraris, Lambos.

If u see his photo album u will see F40s and other cars that have been rolled or smashed up pretty bad on the track.

Each body panel is removed, repaired/replaced, and painted.

There is no over spray and this is the part that I feel that seperates him from the rest of the body shop:

They can actually match the ORIGINAL orange peel paint from the factory (if there are any).

Bottom line is that if a body shop has exotic cars and customers like the founder of MONSTER CABLE there, then they must know something that the average person doesn't.

Thank you very much,
Roy

Welcome to prime, and congrats on the new car :smile:

stay tuned for some local nsx meets :cool:

Bottom line is that if a body shop has exotic cars and customers like the founder of MONSTER CABLE there, then they must know something that the average person doesn't.

Well, I wouldn't use the Monster Cable founder as a good reference for a good body shop. Just b/c he took regular cable, put really thick insulation around it and sold it for $5/ft, doesn't mean he knows about auto paint :wink:

Though, the suggestion to go to The Works is still a good suggestion.

I met people that had a major accident that was never documented for CARFAX, took it to The Works, had it fully repaired, and even the most discerning buyer didn't even know that something happened to it.

The buyer was inspecting for over spray, tape markes in door seems, gas cap area, trunk, etc....

Car didn't creak, rattle, etc.

I dropped by yesterday, and parked right in front is a F430, right behind it an Elise, and behind that Maserati. Inside the garage are other smashed up ferraris and vipers. I almost feel out of place =) At least the car is in good hands! Thanks guys.

Back