• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New 2001 NSX-T silverstone with 8400 miles :)

For the past 3 years I've been keeping my eye out for an NSX in good condition. I finally came across this 2001 in the Autotrader a few weeks ago and after checking it out, I bought it last Wednesday :D

Apologies, I'm a terrible photographer

XL1Rd.jpg

zakb4.jpg

lLCEG.jpg

I was looking only at the 97-01 models instead of the 02+ because of the pop-up headlights. I'm just not a fan of the goofy bug eyes :)
I really wanted a yellow one, but when I went to look at this one, I was really happy with the color, and the rest of the car was so perfect and he agreed to take $53,000 so I couldn't say no.

The guy I got it from was the original owner and not really a car person. He bought it new in 2001 and drove it rarely, it pretty much sat in the garage for the past 11 years, as right now only has 8400 miles.
He kept all of the sales brouchers and valet keys and all that stuff you get with a new car.

The battery has been replaced 3 times so far because it kept going dead from sitting and then getting fixed at the dealership.

The only issue with the car is that his wife backed into the front fender, and it needed to be replaced and the front resprayed. With close inspection I can see a few pieces of lint and contamination in the base coat, but overall it was high quality work.

When I got it home I checked the tire pressures and there was 16psi in the fronts and 22 in the rears--Honda specs are 33 front 40 rear. I was wondering what the steering felt heavy..I had put it up to unfamiliarity, but it feels perfect now.

So my plans for it are to first change fluids and then do the timing belt/waterpump.
I changed the oil this weekend with synthetic 10w30, and I think the oil pan gasket is weeping. I wiped off the whole underside and next time I get under there I will see if I can pin point the leak. Is the rear main seal prone to leaks? (I hope not)
I'm a bit paranoid to do the tb/wp, only because I've never worked on a car that wasn't coated with a layer of grease and road grime. I'm scared of scratching the paint on the firewall/leaning on the fenders/dripping oil anywhere heh
I think this job will take 3x as long as it should.

The plan is to do track days a few times a year, so maybe after a couple events, I'll decide what mods I'd like to do.
Maybe new wheels (RPF1's), suspension, Type-R wing, and exhaust

..oh yeah I also have to go get it smogged soon for the title transfer

more pics

NSX has ousted the poor project turbo Scirocco from the garage
mczP8.jpg

XLimCl.jpg

at work
hxp6Zl.jpg
]

Last edited:
oil change pics

P0ZyJ.jpg

Notice anything wrong here?

FnYfS.jpg

The jack points are AWESOME. As someone whose worked on cars for 15+ years I appreciate these so much

You can see the rail and the jack points here:
rXswe.jpg

Plus the suspension is a work of art

LzSsN.jpg

Beautiful car you got there. There are not very many 2001 owners out there. Did your car come with the original window sticker? I'm trying to reproduce the one for my car. It's a work in progress.

first thing I noticed is you used some wood under the car with the jack stands....:eek::eek:

thats a no-no

nice ride... the 2001 are real hard to find cuz its the last year of the pop-ups and best of both worlds 6-speed/ 3.2L

nice ride.

Yeah I'm aware of the tire issue, the rears were replaced 2 years ago and I think the fronts too. I'll check the date codes on those.
Regardless it was stored indoors so no UV got to them and there are no signs or dry-rot or cracking or anything so that's good.

first thing I noticed is you used some wood under the car with the jack stands....:eek::eek:

thats a no-no

nice ride... the 2001 are real hard to find cuz its the last year of the pop-ups and best of both worlds 6-speed/ 3.2L

nice ride.

what should I use on the stands and the jack? I dont want to ding up the jack points

Last edited:
Damn! your car is mint!

Its not a big deal if you ding up the jack points....:confused:

I love the silver with the stock wheels.

Please dont put some aftermarket wheels on her.:mad:

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm not putting on different wheels for a while yet. That mod is pretty far down the list. I actually think it would look really good on stock wheels lowered ~1 inch

About the jack points, i'd rather not mess up the car if I don't have to, ya know? I could use a thinner piece of wood, I'm just curious as to the logic here.

Beautiful car you got there. There are not very many 2001 owners out there. Did your car come with the original window sticker? I'm trying to reproduce the one for my car. It's a work in progress.

Yeah I have the original window sticker (it might actually be a copy of the sticker, i can't tell), do you want a good picture of it?

Yeah the body shop must've put the logo on upsidedown. Do I have to remove the front clip to get to the back to remove it and flip it correctly?

Last edited:
Yes, if the body shop put the clips back on, you will need to remove the two clips behind the bumper then peel the emblem off as it also has foam tape adhesive on the back of it.

Thanks, I'm not putting on different wheels for a while yet. That mod is pretty far down the list. I actually think it would look really good on stock wheels lowered ~1 inch

About the jack points, i'd rather not mess up the car if I don't have to, ya know? I could use a thinner piece of wood, I'm just curious as to the logic here.

Yeah I have the original window sticker (it might actually be a copy of the sticker, i can't tell), do you want a good picture of it?

Yeah the body shop must've put the logo on upsidedown. Do I have to remove the front clip to get to the back to remove it and flip it correctly?

If you could take a picture of the window sticker that would be terrific. I wish someone here on Prime would compile a database of the stickers. I think I'm pretty close to the real deal with the one I put together. I'll pm you my email address.

On a side note........Body Shop????

I was looking only at the 97-01 models instead of the 02+ because of the pop-up headlights. I'm just not a fan of the goofy bug eyes :)
I really wanted a yellow one, but when I went to look at this one, I was really happy with the color, and the rest of the car was so perfect and he agreed to take $53,000 so I couldn't say no.

The guy I got it from was the original owner and not really a car person. He bought it new in 2001 and drove it rarely, it pretty much sat in the garage for the past 11 years, as right now only has 8400 miles.
He kept all of the sales brouchers and valet keys and all that stuff you get with a new car.

The battery has been replaced 3 times so far because it kept going dead from sitting and then getting fixed at the dealership.

The only issue with the car is that his wife backed into the front fender, and it needed to be replaced and the front resprayed. With close inspection I can see a few pieces of lint and contamination in the base coat, but overall it was high quality work.

When I got it home I checked the tire pressures and there was 16psi in the fronts and 22 in the rears--Honda specs are 33 front 40 rear. I was wondering what the steering felt heavy..I had put it up to unfamiliarity, but it feels perfect now.

So my plans for it are to first change fluids and then do the timing belt/waterpump.
I changed the oil this weekend with synthetic 10w30, and I think the oil pan gasket is weeping. I wiped off the whole underside and next time I get under there I will see if I can pin point the leak. Is the rear main seal prone to leaks? (I hope not)
Very Nice...
I prefer the 2000 - 2001 and many other people do as well. You will learn that these years are some of the most difficult cars to find, so good on you for finding this one. I agree. pop-ups are my preference.
I had a pan gasket appear to be weeping as well. Turned out to be a valve cover leak that just ran down the engine to the oil pan. Clean everything off with simple green and with hot soap high pressure and then look for the leak. At least that is how I found mine. Main seals are not a common issue with the NSX.
For the jack stands, I use a hockey puck notched for the stand on one side and the jack point on the opposite side. I also have a puck notched for my jack.

Enjoy your new beauty!

Last edited:
Congrats .. and welcome to the group. Looks like a beautiful car. Don't know how long you've been on Prime but as a new owner you'll probably want to acquaint yourself with the NSX Wiki which can be accessed from the red action bar at the top of most pages. Lots of good info on a variety of topics from basic maintenance to mods and DIY.

Agreed, this place is huge on rims (I will not give the honor calling of some of them wheels). When in doubt OEM is always a great route. Congrats on the 01, it looks amazing.

Congrats! That is a Sweet Ride! Mint! Enjoy!

Congrats. Great looking car.

I'm not sure I'd tackle the Tb/wp unless you are very confident of your skill level.
Also the rear valve gasket is like $290.00 at the Acura dealer parts and labor.

I would much rather "ding up the jack points" than have that wood split and drop down on the on the jack stand anyway, which would make me shit my pants if I were under the car :eek:

Last edited:
Great find and low miles. I originally was looking to buy an 02 and ended up with a 2000. So glad I did

Absolutely Beautiful!! Congrats!

Yeah but there are some subtle differences between years. Most notably, the 2001 sticker has a red Acura across the top and no watermark adjacent to it. I've been trying to get mine perfect for about a year now. The 2001 has "Feedback fuel system" written in the fuel section of the sticker. I don't know what the hell that is but the 01's have it. My wife is getting awfully tired of seeing all these printed NSX window stickers laying about the house in various states of modification. I've already sent two into Shutterfly to get printed. Now I have to do another one.

Back