• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New 2004 nsx build

shawn110975

Suspended
guys I just got this car it was hell bidding on it but I did it. will arrive next week from CA. she is gonna need some work. I plan on fixing it up and this will be my 2nd NSX in my Driveway. LOL it has 19,361 miles and YES ITS 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANNY

looks like the Fire Department thought the engine was in the rear so they cut 2 slits where the lock is on the trunk thinking thats where the engine fire was. DUHHHH so then they break the engine glass to put the fire out.

I am so excited.

now she needs A ton of Work but I will photo each step during the build to show it was repaired correctly. no jury-rigging to save money, like some have done with NSX's on Prime.

anyway heres the current pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Are you just going to bring her back to stock working order? Or will you put some crazy mods on it? Whatever direction you choose I wish you luck.

just bring her back to life then see where it goes.

I am plannig on selling it once all the repairs are done. and if i like it I might keep it for awhile not sure yet. but in the end she has to go to a new owner that doesnt mind the damaged title. as you can see its not as bad as it looks.

frame damage is a concern but cant say yet.

but the process of fixing it up will be fully documented and photos each step to show the next owner the process of the repairs etc.

Last edited:
wow OK will e-mail them right now.

I beat the shit out of my bank account today so I might have to hold off a bit. LOL

Any idea how the fire started... Ive seen a lot of Ferrari go on fire. Maybe we can start a thread of NSXs going on fire like this one so we can be informed.

Photos are SO hurtful :frown: Sure wonder what really happened to this NSX. I could not have done that with a chainsaw and a blowtorch.
Good luck to you in fixing her up.

yeah I am hoping there is no frame damage.

but we will see when it gets here the extent of the damage.

any other thoughts guys?

maybe something got caught under the rear wheel and rubbed till it caught fire I dont know.

yeah I am hoping there is no frame damage.

My point here is there are two things to consider with regards to the frame since there was an engine fire.

1) Is there any mechanical damage. This can easily be checked.
2) Is there any metallurgical change, annealing, to the aluminum due to the engine fire.

I would want to know the answer to both if it were my car...

but we will see when it gets here the extent of the damage.

any other thoughts guys?

maybe something got caught under the rear wheel and rubbed till it caught fire I dont know.

I'm wondering if the engine is still good, how much damage there is in the wiring harness, how are things on the other side of the firewall and if you will ever be able to get rid of the bad smell...

there would be no smell in the interior of the car as it was a sealed cabin.
mint inside.

I really dont know. there were no pics of the engine when i bought it.

it could be an easy fix or it could be a time consuming project. we will see.

but your right the strength of the aluminum on that side needs to be tested etc. etc. but will spare no expense to make her Whole again trust me.

Very interesting project with all the "possibilities" both pro and con. you sure are adventurous! I wish you all the luck. Maybe I can stop by and take a look when it arrives? This will be interesting to see evolve. Document it all. The thought of two NSXs in the driveway sure is appealing. Hmmm, what color should I drive today? :smile:
Acuman

Congratulations on your new project!!!
I wish I had your project, instead I am preparing a 93 NSX-R wannabe, I will soon post it here
Take all parts from your black one...and you should have the new one ready in one week!:biggrin:

I am also doing a build up . But my is front end damage.
85_2025056286.jpg

I will also going to do some frame work on it aswell. Good luck with your build up :D I will stay tune on how you do it :)

wow yours looks in better shape than mine LOL wanna trade.. LOL

seriously good luck start a thread with pics we love watching these cars

come back from the dead. LOL its makes me feel gooy inside. haha

what year and miles. tranny?

wow yours looks in better shape than mine LOL wanna trade.. LOL

seriously good luck start a thread with pics we love watching these cars

come back from the dead. LOL its makes me feel gooy inside. haha

what year and miles. tranny?

Shad @ Driving Ambition has 2 3.2 engines for sale. Call him @ 530.672.2086.
I can get you a targa cover too. My freind wants me to sell his for him and it is in perfect condition.

yeah I e-mailed him, he has not replied back yet.

guess he is waiting to see if I need it

but I dont think I am going to need the engine this one only has 19K miles on it so if anything a rebuild will be fine I hope LOL

I will start a tread when I have some more picture of the work thats put in to her :smile:

The car is a 98 Targa Manuel. It is costly parts to it comperad with a Civic parts :tongue:

If Worse comes to worse, you can always part out the 02 front end, rear lower valence and interior pieces such as dash board, seats etc and put it on your own car.

Do you have pictures of the engine bay? You seem to be very knowledgeable in the workings of an NSX, so I'm sure you'll have this car back on the road shortly.

Back