• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New 9th gen Accord - disappointing

Drove the 9th gen accord today (I have a fully loaded 2010 v6 exl navigation)

Everything about this car is noticeably better then my car and there is not a single thing that I like better in my 2010

Highlights
- eps is very light and gets heavier- some will argue that it is too light (it is a night and day difference in my opinion)
- the dash shape, climate controls, gauges, door handle shape, side sculpting on the car, front end, rear end are all very much improved versus the 8th gen
- the camara display when you turn right and backup camara are very nice. I would use the right blinker (activates the right mirror camara for parallel parking. It is very good
- the sport model wheels are very nice
- the keyless go, although not new to cars is very nice
The cloth seats in the sport model are very nice and have very nice contrasting stiching
The leather seats in the higher models are way more comfortable then my leather seats
Honda has gone back to the two tone dashes that I liked in my 94 legend and integra and really made the interior once again feel more upscale

I came away impressed and thinking that Honda is once again getting serious

Go drive one. Keep in my that this is an accord , not an nsx or s2000, but it is very good for doing what we must do on a daily basis,

Last edited:

Everything about this car is noticeably better then my car and there is not a single thing that I like better in my 2010

Highlights
- eps is very light and gets heavier- some will argue that it is too light (it is a night and day difference in my opinion)
- the dash shape, climate controls, gauges, door handle shape, side sculpting on the car, front end, rear end are all very much improved versus the 8th gen
- the camara display when you turn right and backup camara are very nice. I would use the right blinker (activates the right mirror camara for parallel parking. It is very good
The cloth seats in the sport model are very nice and have very nice contrasting stiching
The leather seats in the higher models are way more comfortable then my leather seats
Honda has gone back to the two tone dashes that I liked in my 94 legend and integra and really made the interior once again feel more upscale

Go drive one. Keep in my that this is an accord , not an nsx or s2000, but it is very good for doing what we must do on a daily basis,

Well this is certainly good news.

Highlights

I'm about to lease a vehicle for my parents to drive and the new Accord is on my radar. Do you think this car is better than the current TL? The lease rate will probably be similar for the V6 accord to base TL.

TL>>>>>Accord.

That's not what I heard because the new Accord have features the current TL don't have. Since I'm not a gadget person, I'm simply trying to find out if the gadgets are worth while. The leasing price of the base TL is almost identical to a fully loaded Accord and the TL is due to be replace soon.

Highlights

You drove the sport trim correct? I've read that the eps on that car is tuned a little different than the other trim levels. I haven't driven the new Accord yet, but I'm betting the sport feels like the TSX in turns of steering feel. I'm betting the other trim levels aren't as light feeling.

That's not what I heard because the new Accord have features the current TL don't have. Since I'm not a gadget person, I'm simply trying to find out if the gadgets are worth while. The leasing price of the base TL is almost identical to a fully loaded Accord and the TL is due to be replace soon.

Lemme tell about the gadgets in the Honda/Acura lineup. They are second to none. I just got a 2010 TL Tech Package and it is amazing. A base TL is nice, but the other packages make a big difference. I traded in my 2006 CLS500 which was a $79k car that didn't even have HID's or bluetooth. For the price of a good used TL, I think it beats the new Accord if you want a little more luxury.

At the end of the day it all depends on the "gadgets" you want. If you don't care about getting real time weather radar, then a technology loaded car may not fit your needs. However I think it's incredible that I can get live radar and weather warnings in my car.

Lemme tell about the gadgets in the Honda/Acura lineup. They are second to none. I just got a 2010 TL Tech Package and it is amazing. A base TL is nice, but the other packages make a big difference. I traded in my 2006 CLS500 which was a $79k car that didn't even have HID's or bluetooth. For the price of a good used TL, I think it beats the new Accord if you want a little more luxury.

At the end of the day it all depends on the "gadgets" you want. If you don't care about getting real time weather radar, then a technology loaded car may not fit your needs. However I think it's incredible that I can get live radar and weather warnings in my car.

My little bro has a 2011 TL with tech package. I know how good that car is for the money. However, I'm looking at leases and I can't lease a used TL. Honda's leasing program is pertty damn good on both Accord and TL. Now is just making a decision on do I want a new model, or a upper model that is going out.

Checked out the 2013 Accord in person today and it looks absolutely fabulous inside and out. Huge step forward in every way. This car is a homerun for Honda.

Well exactly one week after seeing the 4 cylinder versions I purchased the first 2013 v6 model I saw. I got a 2013 v6 sedan ex with leather and navigation In white. All I can say is the car is awesome. I love everything about it. It is amazing to me to have the seemless via Bluetooth control of pandora with the display and touch controls of it on th imid display. The navigation now has traffic and is a lot improved versus my 2010s. The iPhone and iPod bluetooth audio wireless operation from my iPhone 5 is flawless. Between my iPhone 5 purchase last week and this new accord for my wife this week I am very impressed with what Honda has done with this car. They have hit it out of the park. Also the gauge side and rear camara. Collision avoidance and keyless go are all nice. Go Honda. I feel like I'm back in the mid 90s with cool honda product again. Hopefully they keep the good new replacements coming

Last edited:
Encouraging post SocalX. Congratulations and Thx!

Congrats and thanks for the first hand report.

Very encouraging, especially coming from an NSX owner :)

I haven't seen any new Accord on the road just yet but I'm keeping my eyes open.

I'm really exited for Honda, and is looking forward to the new flagship RLX.

Thanks Tom, I will take a good look at it. Hopefully they will start a good lease program soon.

The new Accord has many options that Acura doesn't even offer. Looks like the Accord will eat up part of the TL, TSX and ILX sales.

For now, but a new TL should be out next year.

Like what?

Lane depature, forward warning collision, Pandora built in, adaptive cruise control, (available on MDX, ZDX and RL, but not TL) LED headlights and CVT transmission.

Anda a plug in hybrid, although we may see a hybrid in the new TL.

CVTs are usually very boring and make the engine very whiney... Is this better? I might go test drive one of these as I am still looking for a car to replace the parents car with.

coming full-circle...

The 9th gen. Accord sedan (EX/i4-CVT) just won the mid-size family-sedan Car and Driver competition. The others in contention were the Passat, Altima, Fusion. No Camry, Sonata/Optima, Malibu in this particular competition.

Generally speaking, the Accord (in LX/EX i4-AT form) is the default choice as an all-around choice in such competitions. Adding in V6 and/or other upmarket trim-levels as well as styling/design or features/equipment usually nets other "goto" choices. But, point being- in its purest/basic form, the Accord has always excelled relative to its contemporaries.

I own an 8th gen. Accord sedan, my 3rd Accord sedan purchase from-new over the years (each one is kept 7-8 years in the household). This 9th gen. Accord sedan is like the iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 migration (or adoption, if you will). If you're already an iPhone fan, pleased w/ your iPhone 4, then the iPhone 5 is most welcomed being lighter, slimmer, faster, more savvy & advanced iteration of a product you already embrace.

Likewise for the 9th gen. Accord sedan. It's cued & developed from the 8th gen. Accord sedan (namely JDM Inspire); but it's lighter & quicker w/ greater features, better materials, more sculpted in appearance, yet- still maintaining it's Accord identity & Honda roots.

I believe it's perhaps the best Accord sedan in decades, but the price is also creeping-up into entry/near luxury market-segment. If the need in the household or one's stable isn't for a near bullet-proof workhorse or commuter/cruiser grocery'getter, then other similarly priced (~$27.5k+) certified pre-owned premium/luxo' sports-sedans become a bit more alluring. Though w/ that said, I can always see myself having an Accord in my household for what it offers at its most basic level... provided the Accord remains what is & what it's always been: safe/practical, fun/comfortable, reliable/dependable, simple/understated.

FWIW, the Accord has dropped its novel double-wishbone front suspension in favor of a more common MacPherson strut system.

If this current offering of the Accord is all that & then some, the forthcoming TL (following model-year) which is based-off the Accord platform/underpinnings will be the luxo'/premium sports-sedan that many of you have been waiting a long time for. . .

Last edited:
I went to the Connecticut International Auto Show today and saw the 2013 Accord. They had a fully loaded 6 cyl Touring Edition.
<O:p</O:p
I was very impressed with the car. The interior was far more comfortable than an Audi A6 and the navigation and phone/iPod integration seemed to be first rate.
I really liked the side view camera that activates when you put on the right hand turn signal. Also liked the adaptive cruise control and memory seats.
I currently have a 2003 Accord EX-L as my DD and this is the first time I have seen a new Accord or family sedan in general that makes me think about a change. <O:p</O:p

I have a K24 in my 2004 TSX, and even at high rpms the thing just sings. No whiney noises in that car, and it can't be that different from the K24 in the new Accord. Having only owned cars with manual transmissions (including the TSX), I can say that I've been pretty skeptical of CVTs from the start. However, if you read the latest Car & Driver, they do say that the new CVT in the Accord is the first CVT they can see themselves living with on a daily basis and actually liking. I believe the quote was something like "the engine and the cvt work together harmoniously". I'll test drive one when they hit dealers, might buy one after I pay off the NSX.

Wow, is it completely wrong to think the new Accord is sexy as hell? Maybe I'm getting old?

Loving the sedan! The coupe is a bit too exaggerated, but sexy nevertheless.

Why can't Acura make good looking cars when there's this?

Wow, is it completely wrong to think the new Accord is sexy as hell? Maybe I'm getting old?

Loving the sedan! The coupe is a bit too exaggerated, but sexy nevertheless.

Why can't Acura make good looking cars when there's this?

The new generation of Acura cars will look at lot better than the current lineup. The new RLX and NSX looks very promising.

Back