• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New and Exciting Results from Deep Cryogenics

What parts do you guys break on your car? How much does it cost and how often does it need to be replaced.

Well I may just have a preventitive measure that everyone needs to consider. We are now experimenting with a cryogenic process that completly changes the molecular structure of any metal to form a higher wear resistance, exceed the natural life expectancy of metal, increase the dissapation of heat and minimize wear resistance and vibration.

This is a patented deep cryogenic thermal cycling process which a computer controlled processor regulates the amount of liquid nitrogen that convects over time keeping metal in an extreme frozen state which optimizes the thermal cycling curve. Once the cycles are complete, the metals are carefully brought back to a heat quenching temperature where the tempering process begins and the metal gains between 200%-800% more strength, wear resistance and durability.

We are now processing full motors and drive lines as well as drill bits, c-n-c tooling bits and even guitar strings for musicians. On a fresh motor build, after fully processing all the internal components, the engine can be driven normally or even hard in just a few hours, after the rings properly seat. There is no "breaking in" the motor, the deep cryogenic process already did that. The advantages on the motor are that the metals are stronger and disapate heat better, increase durability and reduces wear and vibration harmonics. This is a huge advantage for drag racers who can't break a motor in on an engine dyno.

The results for those of you who may be skeptical:
I have a customer that drag races a high horsepower/torque CRX. Before he used deep cryogenics, he only was able to get 8 - 1/4 mile passes out of a set of axels before they broke. Each set of axels cost him $400. After processing the same $400 axels, he now gets approx. 40 - 1/4 mile passes before the axels fail. Now this is not a "fix all" for breaking components, this simply prolongs the life of metals under extreme forces in this situation. The guitar strings we process actually last longer and the musicians that use them say they are easier to tune and hold the tune longer.

Prices:
4cyl full long block $400
NSX long block $600
NSX pistons/rods $70
NSX crank $100
NSX heads $200
NSX tranny $400
NSX axels (pair) $90
NSX clutch/p.p. $70
NSX flywheel $50

Special, while supplies last:
NSX OE sized drilled, slotted, zinc plated and cryoed rotors $550
(these will last 2x-3x longer than non-cryoed rotors)

For more information or to schedule components for deep cryogenics, please call the below number.

Attachments

• Cryo processor.jpg
    Cryo processor.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 93
  • rotors2.jpg
    rotors2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 97
Bump for good guys at 2NRWerks!

I've had cryo'd stock rotors on my NSX for over 4 years and although initially skeptical, I have to admit that they've lasted longer than I expected stock rotors to last considering how I drive.

I've taken the brakes to full fade more times than I care to admit and the rotors are still true and are still up for the abuse! When I go big brake, they'll probably be still good.

I use to run cryo'd parts in my race bikes (over 10 years ago) cranks cylinders, pistons etc. Bike was a TZ250 (road racer) I did see extended life with less failure. Bike usually stayed beetween 10k-13.5k rpm

Back